PDA

View Full Version : everyones favourite linesman

ramsfan
10/07/2008, 4:08 PM
just reading graham polls book and he has a little bit to say about the chocolate soldier

he takes about france/ czech game in euro 96 and the boo boo he made by taking assistants advice about penalty, he got sent home from that tournament for his mistake so it just goes to show he is not just crap in colmans park he does it internationally as well:D

rambler14
10/07/2008, 4:42 PM
About a month ago there was a match in Hawlbowline on the now contaminated pitch and he refereed the game out of the goodness of his heart seeing as he's an upstanding member of the Defence Forces.
It was only a friendly between the Irish Navy and Belgian Army (I think) yet Eddie found the time to send 2 off, award 3 penalties and make numerous other dodgy decisons!
From what i'm told it wasn't a dirty match and no player deserved a red card. In fact the Belgians were so unhappy with the standard of refereeing they threatened to walk off the pitch, after some convincing from the Irish players they decided against it and played out the remaining ten minutes.
Neither team were happy at full-time and lets just say Eddie left the island fairly quickly afterwards.

I suppose you could say that he's not just crap in St. Colmans or internationally.............he's crap in his spare time too!!!:D:D:D

don ramo
10/07/2008, 7:18 PM
chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, chocolate soldier, :D:D:D

Ramtillidie
11/07/2008, 5:27 PM
Ah lads very harsh its not his fault he doesnt know the rules,snow white didnt have time to teach all the dwarfs to read

micls
11/07/2008, 6:29 PM
Eddie would be a great linesman....its just that silly offside rule that stands in his way

rambler14
11/07/2008, 7:47 PM
Eddie would be a great linesman....its just that silly offside rule that stands in his way

I'd have to disagree. I think it was when we were playing Finn Harps, Graham Cummins drilled the ball off the Harps defender and the ball went out for a throw......................Eddie gave the throw to Harps even though yer man was down holding his face after the ball slapped against it!

Redshanks
12/07/2008, 6:12 AM
He should have went to spec-savers.