PDA

View Full Version : Last Night

Dodge
30/08/2003, 5:28 PM
Lads I just thought I'd answer some of your posts all in one, and give my opinion on last night's game.

For a start you weren't "awesome" in the first half. You were the better team, but you created nothing. YOu had two excellent long range efforts and we had two poor shots. that was up until McPhee's expertly taken goal.

In the second half you pushed on and had a fair few corners and might have scored once but agian created very little. We soajed p the pressure and looked good on the counter with Bird's goal a testament to the skill of him, Mbabazi and Osam. After that you didn;t trouble us and I thought we'd score again but for a couple of excellent saves by money.

I think it was obvious to all that you badly missed O'Callaghan and to be honest I think if he ws playing the result migt have been different. For us, our defence as superb with Foley giving as good an individual performance as I can remember in a Pats shirt.

The atmosphere in our section was good and I was surprised by the amount that travelled. o thought about 100 wold go down but about double that did. If any of you stayed around for the scenes at the end, you can see the spirit within the club at the moment.

I'm not going to start the whole dolan thing again but his comment in the programme were no better than the stuff Collins has said. I think its time to leave it now. (BTW when Collins mentioned Kerr in his league Cup speech, it was because Kerr was at the match. he didn't just ecide to mention him and not Dolan..)

One other thing the Cork programme was probably the best I've ever seen at a Pats game and I'd like to congratulate all involved with it.

BTW I was glad to see that all this internet ******** hasn't hrt the relationship between Pats and Cork fans and we could all have a drink together in the Horse Shoe last night

Dodge
30/08/2003, 5:31 PM
BTW apologies for the spelling and grammer in that last post...

One more thing. The club motto is correct with fada (sic) and all. It just didn't come out great on that photo you seen..

cfcgirl
30/08/2003, 5:43 PM
Good to hear there was no trouble between both sets of supporters last night passing by the horse shoe i could hear a group of pats fans singing.To me pats fans are the better fans to come out of dublin

patsh
30/08/2003, 6:38 PM
Leaving aside all "this internet ****e", I think it is fair to say that if even one of the really good chances, (two excellent saves from shots, one on the egde, the other, in, the box, 3 wasted free kicks and a few corners) had gone in in the first half, SPA were in trouble. If they have to be "creative" or actually come out and attack, they are lost. It is also true to say that Livingston clearly handled the ball in the buildup to the second goal, McKeon saw it and ignored it. I'm not sure we would have scored anyway though.
We have to take our beating, and would not complain if we achieved it the way SPA did, but I would hate for City to play like SPA.

Éanna
02/09/2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
If any of you stayed around for the scenes at the end, you can see the spirit within the club at the moment.

what? you mean the crowd of pats "fans" who waited outside the city dressing room to abuse dolan is it? Nice meetin ya dodge, and I agree with the sentiments of your post. Its about time all the bitterness was left to one side. One last question though: what the HELL was that banner supposed to mean?! :rolleyes: