PDA

View Full Version : Press Release

gufct
09/07/2008, 11:10 AM
Pity i had to get it off another website http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/content/view/470/1/

corbyeire
09/07/2008, 11:37 AM
reducing the entry to 15 now is too little too late

Claret Murph
09/07/2008, 11:49 AM
Now a step in the right direction , never too late at least it is something .

gufct
09/07/2008, 11:59 AM
reducing the entry to 15 now is too little too late

What do you want a refund for every game you were at.

corbyeire
09/07/2008, 12:51 PM
put it this way if the punters start to flow through the gates now - they should have done it earlier

this was a recognised problem by all before the season even started

fair enough its better than nothing

but IF it does increase the crowd - our club wouldnt be going into melt down over some bad pricing decisions pre season

Rovers Maniac
09/07/2008, 1:01 PM
Just read the statement on the site, is there a lot of bad feeling between the club and the players? As they seemed to have blamed the players for the mess the club is in at the moment, i would not be too happy if i were a Galway United player.

Mr A
09/07/2008, 1:07 PM
I don't think the statement blames the players, it simply notes that poor on the field performance has hit income. It's not blaming them, it's fact.

SalvadorSanchez
09/07/2008, 1:18 PM
Face it lads, ya can't get the uncommitted supporter in at €20 a pop, it's just too much especially when things are going arse-about-face on the pitch....

Rovers Maniac
09/07/2008, 1:37 PM
I don't think the statement blames the players, it simply notes that poor on the field performance has hit income. It's not blaming them, it's fact.

Hi Mr A, Yes i agree but they are blamed for Season ticket sales, sure most of those are sold before the start of the season !

"The team, for one reason or another, has failed to return the same increase in terms of performance and results, and subsequently season ticket sales and gate receipts have been adversely affected"

By the way where is other guy Fallon in all this?

gufct
09/07/2008, 1:56 PM
Id say John Wrote it the cut at the players was stupid but i think overall there is light at the end of the tunnel. As far as I know there is at least one if not more clubs in the same situation.

geezer
09/07/2008, 2:12 PM
imho, factual, honest, it has clear determined goals and it recognises supporter issues. That is a world away from previous crisis i have witnessed at utd. Its time now to get on with supporting the team

Tir Oilean
09/07/2008, 7:32 PM
imho, factual, honest, it has clear determined goals and it recognises supporter issues. That is a world away from previous crisis i have witnessed at utd. Its time now to get on with supporting the team

I agree Geezer. Im relieved that its not a case of us going to the wall and in a way I can understand the "no comment" from the board regarding players in so far as they were in a difficult situation telling so many they simply have to go. It is however gut wrenching seeing DOB leave when he clearly loves the club, alot of the others Im not so worried about.

Its time to get behind the team forget about the shortfalls of this season and maybe just maybe we can pick up some points and put up a fight.

eamo1
09/07/2008, 8:14 PM
Sligo and Cobh are in a bad way too i hear with Cook saying he might leave them if it continues.