PDA

View Full Version : hitmanforhire.com verdict due soon

joeSoap
08/07/2008, 1:54 PM
What a farce of a court case. There will definitely be a movie made out of this one. The evidence is all computer based, so therefore I believe she may be aquitted on those grounds. Who knows?

jebus
08/07/2008, 1:56 PM
Haven't read about this, is this actually about someone advertising their killing service online?

NeilMcD
08/07/2008, 2:00 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0704/ennis.html

Here is a link

OneRedArmy
08/07/2008, 2:09 PM
Haven't read about this, is this actually about someone advertising their killing service online?How can you have missed this?! Quite literally Jebus :eek:

Its been brilliant entertainment over the last 4-6 weeks.

anto1208
08/07/2008, 2:19 PM
Haven't read about this, is this actually about someone advertising their killing service online?

Where have you been living in a cockerels boot ?

Its alleged that this woman from clare hired a guy to kill her husband and 2 sons.

I hope they throw the book at her

jebus
08/07/2008, 2:26 PM
Where have you been living in a cockerels boot ?

Its alleged that this woman from clare hired a guy to kill her husband and 2 sons.

I hope they throw the book at her

Ah I remember that. Honestly read one or two reports and got bored with the case. TV has ruined my ability to concentrate on....I think I would like orange juice actually

pete
08/07/2008, 3:31 PM
Irish Times (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0708/breaking18.htm)

I believe the FBI passed the initial information to the Gardai.

Definitely high on the Richter scale for juicy details. The email addresses are great too.

Did the Gardai extradite the "hitman" or did they catch him here?

I think there was also an Irish soldier who gave evidence saying he signed up at the web site "for a laugh" as he thought it was a game?

superfrank
08/07/2008, 3:39 PM
From what I've heard of the case, she's guilty of plotting the murder. I heard a hilarious claim from her lawyer's that no murder plot had been made.

The case is so odd. The guy that was set to be killed seems to be a bit of a strnage fellow himself and I wonder what will happen between those two after the case.

dahamsta
08/07/2008, 5:06 PM
I'd love to have had time to sit in court for this one, it's the most entertaining thing in the Irish courts system in years.

pete
08/07/2008, 8:31 PM
I'd love to have had time to sit in court for this one, it's the most entertaining thing in the Irish courts system in years.

Seems the jury are trying to drag this out too as they have been discharged for a second night (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0708/breaking18.htm) although apparently some have holidays booked so might need to wrap it up soon. :p

Ms Collins also denies hiring Mr Eid to kill the three men.
Mr Eid denies demanding €100,000 from Robert Howard to cancel the contracts.

Does that make any sense to any one else? Why would Eid (alleged hitman) request payment from Collins to cancel the contract? Seems not the brightest decision as no downside to Collins from contacting the Gardai.

:confused:

beautifulrock
08/07/2008, 9:08 PM
I was also worried about the husbands reaction that she "loves me too much to have me killed". Hello, wakey wakey!!

Seagull
08/07/2008, 9:45 PM
I was also worried about the husbands reaction that she "loves me too much to have me killed". Hello, wakey wakey!!
He's her partner, not her husband. I thought the whole thing of calling Gerry Ryan to give evidence was bizarre- he basically said he didn't read e-mails she'd sent to the show. So...??
And she said she'd never heard the son 'Lying eyes' (the e-mail name used to hire the hitman)- Prosecuting counsel said it was a song about a beautiful young woman who married a rich old man and was cheating on him!
You couldn't make this stuff up. :eek:

Mr Maroon
08/07/2008, 10:35 PM
What size is your cave?

This has been a very interesting case. I'm looking forward to the verdict.

OneRedArmy
09/07/2008, 9:43 AM
He's her partner, not her husband.In mpst countries except Mexico, if you followed the evidence :D

John83
09/07/2008, 10:12 AM
In mpst countries except Mexico, if you followed the evidence :D
And rather debatably there.

holidaysong
09/07/2008, 11:37 AM
hire_hitman[at]yahoo.com is the email the hitman was using! :eek: :D

pete
09/07/2008, 12:02 PM
hire_hitman[at]yahoo.com is the email the hitman was using! :eek: :D

He is either really clever (if I was a hitman would I really use such an obvious email address?) or really dumb (self explanatory).

:D

beautifulrock
09/07/2008, 12:13 PM
He's her partner, not her husband. :
Aah I stand corrected, I though they were married, case dismissed then I would say no charge to answer. :p

joeSoap
09/07/2008, 2:10 PM
She's been found gulity of the soliciting charge. They're still out on the more serious charges...the saga continues...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0709/breaking28.htm

pete
09/07/2008, 4:21 PM
Must be difficult for the jury with so many different charges.

Decided
* Collins guilty of conspiracy to murder
* Collins guilty of soliciting hit man to kill Howard & sons
* Eid guilty of extortion
* Eid guilty of handling stolen goods
* Eid not guilty of breaking into office

Undecided
* Eid up on charges of conspiracy to murder

Strange Eid not guilty of breaking & entering but guilty of handling stolen goods (i think they came from the office)

Seagull
09/07/2008, 7:18 PM
Must be difficult for the jury with so many different charges.

Decided
* Collins guilty of conspiracy to murder
* Collins guilty of soliciting hit man to kill Howard & sons
* Eid guilty of extortion
* Eid guilty of handling stolen goods
* Eid not guilty of breaking into office

Undecided
* Eid up on charges of conspiracy to murder

Strange Eid not guilty of breaking & entering but guilty of handling stolen goods (i think they came from the office)

Surely Eid's missus was up to her neck in it too- how come she walks? All together now 'You can't hide your lyin eyes'...:D

pete
09/07/2008, 11:19 PM
Surely Eid's missus was up to her neck in it too

Which wife? :D

Seagull
10/07/2008, 1:39 AM

The one mixing the ricin for him. Did he have more than one??:eek: I swear, this has to be a film. Helen Mirren as Sharon Collins. Sacha Baron Cohen as Eid. Ricky Gervais as the (Collins) partner. The rest...??

pete
10/07/2008, 11:10 AM
Did he have more than one??

I believe he has two.

joeSoap
10/07/2008, 3:00 PM

She struck a plea deal with the prosecution guaranteeing immunity from prosecution for her full and frank testimony.

pete
10/07/2008, 3:03 PM
I think it was the Metro but they had a line saying this was worthy of the best Cohen (their spelling, not mine) Brothers movie. Maybe Leonard is doing movies now?

:D