PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Collins and the Echo..

RedX
30/08/2003, 12:39 AM
I did not read the programme tonight but was told Brian Lennox was very unhappy about there coverage of Roddy Collins comments about Pat Dolan being moved upstairs and over the hill taking over.Lennox supposedly has asked for an apology from the Echo for there disgracefulcomments prior to a big match.Who cares what this guys thinks about our club.I thought the Echo promised big coverage this season for City and all they give us is this rubbish and thats not including the comments of that dummy Spilane and add to all of this Ken O Connor making up stories.Where will it all end??

By the way does anyone know did Dave Hill apply for the Carlisle job?ha ha..I would not be surprised to see Collins becoming the new Rovers manager within a month.A pairing made for each other...

The Donie Forde
30/08/2003, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by RedX
I did not read the programme tonight

Have you no shame RedX? Coming out in public like that? :D

Donie

Counting Crow
30/08/2003, 9:52 AM
Lennox was spot on in one sense, giving out yards about the Echo report ( can't remember who wrote it - but could probably guess......! ) - he said:

......... "the Deputy Sports Editor should think twice about enjoying his free tea and biscuits at half time"

Nice one.

Collins' record does speak for itself, however, what a dream start this season
- 4 defeats in a row
- Out of the League Cup in the first round
- Shafted by his best friend - the owner.

Cumbria Police are said to have arranged a "day of celebration" for this Saturday to celebrate the mass exodus of theiving Dublin knackers from the town of Carlisle ( nobody else would employ the likes of Richie Foran and his cronies )

pete
02/09/2003, 10:29 AM
Didn't see the Echo article myself but by the sounds of it Brian Lennox was 100% correct in his forthright comments in the programme on friday.

fella
02/09/2003, 11:45 AM
Didn't see the echo either could someone please fill me in on what was said by Collins.

niamh
02/09/2003, 11:54 AM
Didn't see the Echo either but it was along the lines of Collins saying that Dolan should be moved upstairs and Dave Hill should take over as manager.

I disagree with a paper and a radio station being matchday partners with a football club. They are there to report on what is happening not spreading PR for the club.

razor
03/09/2003, 7:38 AM
Roddy should concentrate on collecting his giro from now on and leave the management situation at our club well alone.

Saw the final episode of that "Rod Squad" documentary last night, it was very funny but clear as day to anyone that Roddy is a bluffer. Wasn't that groundsman a total freak ?

Peadar
03/09/2003, 7:41 AM
Originally posted by razor
Wasn't that groundsman a total freak ?

Was he?!
I've got advance plans to sell half a dozen green, white and red eggs in the club shop by the start of next season :D
I'm off now for some good lovin with my tractor.

patsh
03/09/2003, 9:12 AM
Now that Harry McCue has gotten the boot from Drogs, what are the bets Roddy will be brought in to bring Drogs from the play-offs to the league championship?:D :rolleyes:

Schumi
03/09/2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by patsh
Now that Harry McCue has gotten the boot from Drogs, what are the bets Roddy will be brought in to bring Drogs from the play-offs to the league championship?:D :rolleyes: Hopefully. We might get into the play off then!