Told yous something like this would happen

thecorner
30/08/2003, 7:17 PM
nothing got to with dolan lads
its lennox that is proposing they change the crest

Save Our Crest

dahamsta
30/08/2003, 7:58 PM
I'll ask again: What's he want to change it to? How can you run a campaign when you won't even explain what it's about?

adam

thecorner
30/08/2003, 8:34 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
I'll ask again: What's he want to change it to? How can you run a campaign when you won't even explain what it's about?

adam

dont know. he wants people to send in ideas to info@corkcity.ie

yur man
30/08/2003, 8:50 PM
they should put a speed boat there instead of that old wooden ship on the cork emblem :)

seriously though, i wouldnt be against it till i saw some ideas

tonybirdfanclub
30/08/2003, 9:01 PM
http://www.burgerking.co.uk/main.htm

The main logo will do if the lord of the manner has anything to do with it!

Dolan must stay, Dolan must Stay!

dahamsta
30/08/2003, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
dont know. he wants people to send in ideas to info@corkcity.ie So why don't you send in your idea, that you'd prefer it to stay the way it is? Mind you don't hurt someone with that knee of yours. ;)

adam

ramsie
30/08/2003, 10:19 PM
that crest is rubbish to plain ye must change it

A face
31/08/2003, 2:07 AM
No way ... leave it the way it is. You cant go changing the crest willy nilly. I for one would be totally against this and i will let it be known aswell. There is no good reason to change it so it shouldn't happen.

razor
01/09/2003, 7:53 AM
Spare a thought for the City fan who went in town on Friday afternoon and got a tatoo of the crest on his chest.

Only to go to the game and read that in the programme.

He got some slagging

Peadar
01/09/2003, 8:49 AM
Could the crest change be for similar reasons to that of Arsenal FC?

From Arsenal.com
Following extensive research and consultation, Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce the unveiling of its new Club crest.
The decision to create the new crest was two-fold. Principally, as the current crest incorporates many separate elements, which have been introduced over a number of years, there is uncertainty surrounding its exact origination. As a consequence, the Club is unable to copyright this crest.

dahamsta
01/09/2003, 8:56 AM
There's definitely uncertainty about the copyright of the City crest.

adam

niamh
01/09/2003, 9:19 AM
In fairness a lot of clubs change their crests...maybe he wants something more unique for Cork City rather than a crest for what could be any soccer club in Cork.

dahamsta
01/09/2003, 9:27 AM
Perhaps he wants to cut ties with the shady and incompetent past of Cork City FC. Let's be honest, the club's been run by a bunch of cowboys and hobbyists up until now. I know I'd want to draw a line in the sand saying: "I've got nothing to do with those plonkers and highwaymen!" :)

adam

I'm aware of the irony thanks.

Dodge
01/09/2003, 9:31 AM
Its probably a mix of copyright and wanted something a little simpler for merchandising etc. As has been stated a lot of clubs do it

Peadar
01/09/2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
As has been stated a lot of clubs do it

Yeah, clubs like Bohs and St Pats who can't seem to decide on a crest.

I'm not really too concerned so long as they do a professional job and have big launch with merchandise available to buy at the time.

Dylan
01/09/2003, 11:45 AM
The crest should be left as it is.

Everyone should E-mail in that message.

A few years back, when Noelle was running the supporters club, they

brought out a "new" badge which was just the Cork crest with "Cork City

F.C.S.C." written under it. It was a real crappy, GAA type yoke.

The fear I have is that they will resurrect something like that, if there is not

a serious amount of people objecting to it.

I like the crest we have, its part of our history, however short that is.

I bet Brian would be horrified if someone suggested Lennox's Takeaway

change their distinctive sign, with its old world writing.

Colm
01/09/2003, 1:04 PM
While there's not anything wrong with the existing crest imo, if the new crest was a nice original design then I wouldn't be opposed to it.
As Adam pointed out, maybe they want to break from the past and have a crest which is representitive of the progressive Dolan/Lennox era.

jofyisgod
01/09/2003, 5:20 PM
once they have got some ideas in, they should put them in the programme and on the web and let the public decide by voting for each of them, or, if you don't like any of them, vote to keep the old badge. That seems fair enough! Personally, i say SAVE OUR CREST!!

dahamsta
01/09/2003, 5:46 PM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
once they have got some ideas in, they should put them in the programme and on the web and let the public decide by voting for each of them, or, if you don't like any of them, vote to keep the old badge. That seems fair enough! Personally, i say SAVE OUR CREST!! I was thinking this myself yesterday. I think it's unlikely the club would go this route, but they should. It would be a fantastic way to build camraderie between the club and the fans.

adam

niamh
01/09/2003, 7:46 PM
Aye. Think it would be a good idea. Get the fans involved.

pete
02/09/2003, 12:28 PM
I'm not opposed in principle to changing the crest. I'm sure any new version would incorporate the current one.

Would be nice if the fans were given a look a few options before any change made.

tiktok
03/09/2003, 6:23 PM
no point knocking it until we hear the reasons behind it (and see the altenatives offered)...

i'd imagine the reason is business driven as has been suggested, copyright or simplification to emboss the crest on a variety of merchandise.

niamh
03/09/2003, 7:53 PM
I think if some effort is put into it, it could be a good idea. There is no point letting someone at the club loose on it. If they want to change the crest they should take ideas but get a professional to do it and not some cheap which is quite likely to be the case.
We've all heard stories about how various t-shirts and strips have come about.
:eek:

Cityace
04/09/2003, 11:24 AM
I like our crest, there is the Cork City emblem and a football, leaving the viewer to belive our club has got something to do with cork city and football.

Why change what works?Although a little latin/Irish motto at the end would be cool.

The Donie Forde
04/09/2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Cityace
Why change what works?Although a little latin/Irish motto at the end would be cool.

So long as it has nothing to do with Rebel Army bunkum...:o

Donie

Peadar
04/09/2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Rebel Army bunkum

I don't think that anything "fashionable" should be included on it.
No slogans just the club title and a symbol which can make the club identifiable.

dahamsta
04/09/2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
No slogans just the club title and a symbol which can make the club identifiable. A bog?

heh

A face
04/09/2003, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
I don't think that anything "fashionable" should be included on it.
No slogans just the club title and a symbol which can make the club identifiable.

Timeless ....... Representive ......... An institution.

ccfcman
04/09/2003, 7:55 PM
hows about that anti heroin banner with the crossed out syringe?

tho lennox and his chips would be good

ccfcman
04/09/2003, 7:58 PM
ok ignore that cuz its dumb enough but seriously if the crest changes big deal its nothin too major
<
<
<
<:::::::::::::::::::::::: its a wee bit borin
<
<
<

Éanna
05/09/2003, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't bother changing it, I think its nice, but what impresses me is how this is being handled. As opposed to just deciding on a change, Lennox is consulting the fans and inviting ides and comments. If it is to be changed it should be after consutation.

Cityace
06/09/2003, 1:33 PM
So long as it has nothing to do with Rebel Army bunkum...:o

Donie

I was thinking more

"Città Finchè Muoio"

The Donie Forde
13/09/2003, 4:10 PM
http://www.footballcrests.com/galwayunitedfc.htm

The above is an interesting example of an updated/improved crest.

Watch'all think?

Donie

tiktok
13/09/2003, 6:12 PM
definitely an improvement over what they had, looks like it belongs on a GAA jersey though.
theire old crest was appaling though, not a problem city have.

pete
15/09/2003, 9:00 AM

Watch'all think?

Donie

New Galway one a huge improvement on that old one shown.

What kind of things besides a football, Cork symbol would be added to a CCFC crest anyways?

Dylan
15/09/2003, 9:13 AM
The new crest ,I'm told, will be the Cork crest,ship and castles, with a star above it and Cork City FC under it. So I've been told by someone who would know,and who saw it before the idea was mooted in the programme.

paudie
15/09/2003, 12:15 PM
We like the current crest because its familiar I suppose.

If one of the new suggestions was brilliant I woudn't mind changing.

one_bounce
15/09/2003, 12:20 PM

Watch'all think?

Donie

i prefer their old crest... new one is dire... there is nothing modern or imaginative about it
i like the italian crests.... would suit our style of play better as well

SÓC
15/09/2003, 1:58 PM
When the evil forces of Leicester City were thinking about changing their name (not sure what the new name was) they did what Lennox did put a notice in the programme, they had both options out there, gave the fans alot of time to consider both options.
Here's the clever part, then at a league game every fan was given a sheet of paper with one name on each side, they displayed it at half time and the fans voted to keep the old name.

I think Lennox should put an example in the programme of what the new crest might look like along side the old one and give people time to dwell on it.

joe
15/09/2003, 2:09 PM
that was when leceister's new owners were considering reverting back to the club's originaly name 'Leceister Fosse' i think

pete
15/09/2003, 2:49 PM
Big difference to changing the name of the club to something jnot used for a long time than changing what really is a fairly naff CCFC crest.

On the otherhand i think CCFC should take its time getting a good new crest cos ist not something you should continually be changing.

Best thing is probably to keep it similar so doesn't date.

btw anyone know what kind of things previous Cork clubs have had on theirt crests?

A face
15/09/2003, 6:23 PM
Am i right in saying that all this was a plea from the club to the fans, asking for their input into developing (or not as the case maybe) a new club crest.

It is NOT a "Sure we'll wait and see what they (the club) come up with" and then slate it if you dont like it.

For the record, i think we shouldn't change it but would be interested to see what people would like on it and what their reasons would be for changing it to whatever design.

yur man
17/09/2003, 4:20 PM
i was tinkin that instead of the usual motto, they cud put 'rebel army' in irish on it

anyone know what that wud be, my irish is rusty

tiktok
17/09/2003, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by yur man
.....they cud put 'rebel army' in irish on it

no bloody way!!!

NorthoftheLee
17/09/2003, 4:40 PM
I've been messin around with a few ideas, keeping it plain and simple..Any comments on the idea below...???

Crest Idea (http://www.geocities.com/northofthelee/CCFCNEWCREST.jpg)

tiktok
17/09/2003, 6:15 PM
nothing happening at the end of that link NOTL.

agree that the idea should be to keep it simple.