PDA

View Full Version : City Match

Allstar
07/07/2008, 7:26 PM
1 down after only 3 min!! Come on Rams!! :ball:

marty
07/07/2008, 9:01 PM
First half we were dyer second half we picked it up and could have won it towards the end,Greg looks fiesty bit hot headed but maybe its what we need,thought Alan kearney was shockin and Carey looks a million miles away from a soccer pitch the sooner that captains band is ripped from his arm the better.Kavanagh and Mulcahy look the part alright and with Colin O Brian to come in against Pats we might be o.k for a draw the only downside is Gutsys sending off bit harsh as it was near the end not sure what impact it has on L.O.I games....

ATT--400 maybe?

depor
07/07/2008, 9:05 PM
ya greg looked like he was getting stuck in, mulcahy looks like a raging bull, im impressed. we were sshocking in the first half. and i agree with martys comment on ripping that armband from carey, arm and all.:D

the sub
07/07/2008, 9:16 PM
First half we were dyer second half we picked it up and could have won it towards the end,Greg looks fiesty bit hot headed but maybe its what we need,thought Alan kearney was shockin and Carey looks a million miles away from a soccer pitch the sooner that captains band is ripped from his arm the better.Kavanagh and Mulcahy look the part alright and with Colin O Brian to come in against Pats we might be o.k for a draw the only downside is Gutsys sending off bit harsh as it was near the end not sure what impact it has on L.O.I games....

ATT--400 maybe?

Went down to see city play, I agree with most of your thread but where i disagree is that Kavanagh is no way near a striker. Cummins ran all day until he was taken off but Kavanagh not quite sure did not impress he is too small. Most of your play was in the air and he could not jump high enough, he then went on the right wing not much went on there. good team display but when Hendo came onto the side line to manage I thinkl that was your turning point the team started to get stuck in and play a bit. So with a few more game away from the side line you will need a leader on the pitch.

rambler14
07/07/2008, 9:26 PM
Bilko has to take the blame for Behan's goal, it was like a back pass for christ sake!:mad:
Carey had a nightmare once again. Gutsie probably deserved his red card. Murray played very well as did John Meade.
Alan Kearney had a nightmare. O'Halloran looked tough and I felt that John Kearney was playing well and should have stayed on.
Kavanagh looked bright but has a clear lack of match practice and will come good. Cummins was his usual self.
Stephen Mulcahy was an absolute tank and was the best player on the pitch never mind being Ramblers best player.

Our second half was much improved on the 1st half and the chance Dub missed at the end was a disgrace. A supposed Premier Division footballer missing a chance like that is unforgivable.

I'm going to put that performence down to tiredness due to the tough game vs Rovers Friday night.

Referee and his assistants were a disgrace.
Yo-Yo Foley was up to his old tricks and started making up the offside rule as the game went along.
Graham Kelly was ok but for Gutsie's sending off he made no decision and only reacted after appeals from the City players and shrugged his shoulders and seemed to say "Why not?"
That referee is a schoolboy standard referee and made some horrible decisons. Seán Kelly spent the night tugging on jersey's and jumping on players backs and got away with every incident. Admir Softic should have got a straight red for his disgraceful and cowardly two-footed lunge on O'Halloran.

Roll on St. Pats!!!

ramsfan
07/07/2008, 10:10 PM
a star is born , mulcahy was immence a real gem of a player, plays with his heart top stuff very impressed, same thing happens again couldnt hit a barn door we didnt really test mcnulty which is dissapointing, hopefully new striker will do biz god knows we need him to hit the ground running

dissapointed that once again a trophy has passed us by , silverware is what we play for and another trophy in cabinet would have been nice

A face
07/07/2008, 10:29 PM
Greg was kicking lumps out of Meyler, should have been sent off in the first and would have if the refs wife hadn't stitched the cards into his pocket. Good to see some of the City players that dont get much first team games.

Hopefully Cobh can do a job with the new signings, If you get O'Flynn you might do well because he does know where the net is. Cobh were unlucky in the second where City nearly threw it away a few times.

bellavistaman
08/07/2008, 3:08 AM
On a Sidenote lads..

Couple of my friends went to paris years ago for the qualifier (ireland france), just like to bring it to the table,that they hsve pictures of tonights referee wearing a city top..

I'll say no more, jacket in hand!!

rambler14
08/07/2008, 10:01 AM
The MFA got their winner. With 25 minutes to go they were standing at the the dressing rooms with the cup on a table waiting to give the trophy to City.
I have no doubt that referee is a Cork City fan you could see he had a City jersey on underneath his top.

rambler14
08/07/2008, 10:27 AM
On a Sidenote lads..

Couple of my friends went to paris years ago for the qualifier (ireland france), just like to bring it to the table,that they hsve pictures of tonights referee wearing a city top..

I think these photos should be put out there so that referee's who consistently show bias toward Ramblers are shamed.

bellavistaman
08/07/2008, 11:45 AM
Ah na, they just shouldnt ref city games is all. Especially against their locla rivals

Rambler20
08/07/2008, 12:23 PM
ya greg looked like he was getting stuck in, mulcahy looks like a raging bull, im impressed. we were sshocking in the first half. and i agree with martys comment on ripping that armband from carey, arm and all.:D
Agree carey should be droped since he got injured hasnt reproduced the sort of form he did at the start of the season. Mul should start sat night best player on the pitch by far last night. felt rams got muscled off the ball a bit to easy at times . With Colin t and greg playing sat night think we might be more solid.

bellavistaman
08/07/2008, 12:34 PM
Ya hopefully the lads will play, new signings look to be fair, things are looking up. Wonder when guthries ban will start??

Rambler20
08/07/2008, 3:45 PM
[quote=bellavistaman;977817]Ya hopefully the lads will play, new signings look to be fair, things are looking up. Wonder when guthries ban will start??[/quot as far as i no only counts for the munster senior cup wont effect league

Redshanks
08/07/2008, 4:07 PM
I'm afraid Bella, I have to agree with R-14 on the referee issue. It's no good moaning on these sites that he shouldnt ref City games. It will continue as you know it will, and it will always be teams like rams who will suffer the consequences. The only way to prevent that is to post the pics and be done with it! (would that Ref tolerate a player who is signed for one team to play with another?

depor
08/07/2008, 4:31 PM
On a Sidenote lads..

i luv it, great post. my cousin was in that group yer referring to there, ill have to ask him for a look. sure foley is a city fan aswell, aswell as kelly. its just confirmation.

micls
08/07/2008, 5:09 PM
i luv it, great post. my cousin was in that group yer referring to there, ill have to ask him for a look. sure foley is a city fan aswell, aswell as kelly. its just confirmation.

Alan Kelly is a City fan?? You have to be taking the ****-seriously like. Whatever about how he treats ye but he hates us, and its reciprocated.

Lets be realistic here, he's probably a Man U fan, or a Celtic fan or something

don ramo
08/07/2008, 5:32 PM
Alan Kelly is a City fan?? You have to be taking the ****-seriously like. Whatever about how he treats ye but he hates us, and its reciprocated.

Lets be realistic here, he's probably a Man U fan, or a Celtic fan or something

id say sunderland, he looks like one of those people:D, bandwagoner

for someone from cork and such an interest in football youd think hed have a soft spot for at leat one of us,

rambler14
08/07/2008, 5:47 PM
He's certainly not a Ramblers fan. His father would disown him if ever said he was!:D

Redshanks
09/07/2008, 7:12 AM
For feck sake, next we'll hear becuase his grandfather left on the Titanic from Cobh that he must be a Ramblers fan.
The photo of him in a Cork jersey either exists or it doesnt. If yes- then publish and be finished with it!

Ramtillidie
09/07/2008, 10:59 AM
Ref and linesmen were a disgrace monday night as they have been all season,whatever about them being city fans its as if foley has a personal crusade to screw rams all season long sure u can see a smile on his face everytime he wrongly lifts his flag and the crowd get on to him!

nismo
09/07/2008, 12:33 PM
first off i was up behind the bench and there was some fool with glasses on shouting abuse for the whole game,anyone no who this muppet is and can we arrange to have him muzzeled?
shocking goal to let in,back four has gone missing in last few games...cant get my head around how we were beaten by that side? kavanagh up front i dont no?? pumping long balls all day up to him was crazy he didnt win one.
we had a few chances at the end but how the hell did conor meade miss that shot at the end???
positive note - greg played well when hes match fit he'll be flyin.

rambler14
09/07/2008, 12:57 PM
first off i was up behind the bench and there was some fool with glasses on shouting abuse for the whole game,anyone no who

It wasn't one person shouting abuse. There was a whole group of about 6-8 people constantly firing abuse at him with yer man being one of the group.
There was worse people than that guy though. I was pretty near to that group and the fella next to me gave him an awful time and he always has.

ramsfan
09/07/2008, 1:01 PM
It wasn't one person shouting abuse. There was a whole group of about 6-8 people firing abuse at him with yer man being one of the group. There was worse people than that guy though. The fella next to me gave him an awful time.

and you didnt say a word all game of course:D:p:D

rambler14
09/07/2008, 1:02 PM
and you didnt say a word all game of course:D:p

an neither did you!!!;)

Ramtillidie
09/07/2008, 1:40 PM
But lets be honest there supposed to be non biased towards the teams can anyone honestly tell me that describes eddie foley? When i played for springers he always favoured the city teams and it is clear to see he just doesnt like cobh

rambler14
09/07/2008, 1:54 PM
But lets be honest there supposed to be non biased towards the teams can anyone honestly tell me that describes eddie foley? When i played for springers he always favoured the city teams and it is clear to see he just doesnt like cobh

Eddie hates Cobh...........we all know that! I shouted abuse at him the other night and so did 500 more people and you know what i'll do it again and so will everyone else.

So what if some guy shouted abuse at him??? If he did his job and went to the bother of learning the offside rule and made more right decisions than wrong decisions then people wouldn't shout abuse at him but for as long as he's doing a p!ss poor job he deserves every bit of abuse he gets.

nismo
09/07/2008, 4:27 PM
the fella im on about is a big gom of a fella with glasses was shouting at everyone..officials city cobh fans the whole lot

rambler14
09/07/2008, 4:32 PM
the fella im on about is a big gom of a fella with glasses was shouting at everyone..officials city cobh fans the whole lot

Now i'm confused!:confused:................I thought you could have been talking about me, but now i know your not.
Because I certainly didn't shout at any fans or abuse any players.............ramsfan would be able to back me up on that!

ramsfan
09/07/2008, 5:04 PM
so you class yourself as a big gom with glasses, any relation to tom the gom:D

Rambler20
09/07/2008, 5:34 PM
tbf its not just cobh he does it to, eddie loves being the centra of attention the more abuse he gets the more contraversial the decision he will make he does week in week out even in the aul game he refs saw him ref a game 3 weeks back not a dirty challenge in the game and 3 sent off

rambler14
09/07/2008, 5:36 PM
tbf its not just cobh he does it to, eddie loves being the centra

Thought he was more of a super valu man myself:D

Redshanks
09/07/2008, 6:14 PM
I can vouch that R-14 doesnt shout at fans, especially ramfans. At least not with his glasses on. lol

nismo
10/07/2008, 3:01 PM
so you class yourself as a big gom with glasses, any relation to tom the gom:D

:p brilliant..well have to start off a gom watch on this fella :D

rambler14
10/07/2008, 3:03 PM
:p brilliant..well have to start off a gom watch on this fella :D

Stalking is frowned upon around here!

nismo
10/07/2008, 3:04 PM

you'd know all about it..:)

ramsfan
10/07/2008, 3:55 PM
r14 watch starts, we will have to buy him a duffle coat and he will have to grow his hair and a little bum fluff on face but we all love a challenge . r14 the gom , any body have a better name though

ramsfan
10/07/2008, 3:56 PM

stalking yourself that would be a weird one alright but if anyone can you definitely can

nismo
10/07/2008, 7:47 PM
r14 watch starts, we will have to buy him a duffle coat and he will have to grow his hair and a little bum fluff on face but we all love a challenge . r14 the gom , any body have a better name though

tom da bigger gom watch:)

were open to better offers tho

ramsfan
10/07/2008, 10:13 PM
gombler14

rambler14
10/07/2008, 10:17 PM
Watch it or i'll get Tom after ya!

nismo
11/07/2008, 12:45 AM
someone make a sticky post gombler 14 watch so haha