PDA

View Full Version : Cork City 0 - 2 St.Patrick's Athletic

tiktok
29/08/2003, 8:48 PM
Scorers for Pat's were McPhee after 45min and Bird after 71.

A home loss after we'd seemed to turn the corner with two victories the last two Fridays, terrible setback. Pat's continue their good run of form to go top of the table, with Tony Bird moving to 12 league goals for the season. really p'd off.

other scores tonight
Bohs 2- 1 UCD
(Doyle 2) - (Griffin)
Rovers 3 - 2 Drogs
(Molloy, Grant 2) - (Myler (p), Flanagan)

soccerc
29/08/2003, 9:08 PM
Super Pats top in Cork (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=10679&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes)

yur man
29/08/2003, 10:43 PM
:(

roll on ucd

patsh
30/08/2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Scorers for Pat's were McPhee after 45min and Bird after 71.

A home loss after we'd seemed to turn the corner with two victories the last two Fridays, terrible setback. Pat's continue their good run of form to go top of the table, with Tony Bird moving to 12 league goals for the season. really p'd off.

It was'nt that bad, tiktok, in the first half, we played some outstanding football and played SPA off the pitch. Adamson won the motm for his display. We had most of the play in the second half as well, without playing as well. We had really strong claims for a penalty, and Livingston clearly handled the ball in box during the lead up to the second goal.
Very disappointing, we badly missed George, but I'd prefer City's football to the dreadful sh*te from SPA anyday.

A face
30/08/2003, 3:09 PM
Hear hear, i much preferred Citys football last night. Pat s played to stiffle and hamper the play and stop any free flowing football at all, they themselves didn't have any great passages of play of any note. City played very well at times.
City have a good few shots on target i think Pats had only 4, the two goals (not great goals) the spill up at St Annes End and one more. City were all over them in their area at times.
Pats were up to their old tricks again, the niggling, shirt pulling and dragging off players, nothing you could book a player for but none the less annoying to see.
Pats in my opinion are boring to watch and are not at all creative and dont advertise the league to new would be fans. They played 5 5 across the middle at some stages, totally out to destory the good football that cant be played and it is only a matter of time before they are figured out.

Eamon who ??

Troy.McClure
30/08/2003, 5:34 PM
Listening to Trev on Redfm and some feens texted in to say that Devine and Murry should be moved on! Have we signed 2 other fellas called Devine and Murry coz they cant be on about Dan & Mick. Its funny to listen to other peoples opinions about football (usually coz they're wrong (ie not the same as mine;) ))

yur man
30/08/2003, 6:07 PM
big red bench is crap

i only listen in to hear the interviews from last night but always have to wait till trevor runs through the 4 english divisions results and chats with spillage before i hear what i want (todays wait was 40 mins :rolleyes: )

and they usually cut the interviews too much. they should give at least 10 minutes to cork and the eLeague

big red bench me liathroidí :mad:

Éanna
02/09/2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Listening to Trev on Redfm and some feens texted in to say that Devine and Murry should be moved on!
there's some unbelievable idiots out there alright. Maybe we were wrong to take offence when a certain former manager said

Grunter
they know nothing about football He must have been talking about them- sorry Liam, I should hav known you didn't mean us ;)