PDA

View Full Version : Bray V. Bohemians

notever
07/07/2008, 3:51 PM
The postponed game against Bohemians has been re-fixed for Tuesday 15th.July which means we have to play Derry on Friday,Bohs.on Tuesday,Milwall on Wed.,Galway on Friday and Leeds on Sunday.Are the F.A.I. bonkers expecting a part-time Club to fulfill a schedule like this.Do they think they are bionic men?

dublinwanderer
07/07/2008, 4:24 PM
bit of a joke alri, but i think the millwall game is pointless anyway! not going to make much money from it at all, prob cause more trouble than wot its worth.

Bray Head
07/07/2008, 8:42 PM
The postponed game against Bohemians has been re-fixed for Tuesday 15th.July which means we have to play Derry on Friday,Bohs.on Tuesday,Milwall on Wed.,Galway on Friday and Leeds on Sunday.Are the F.A.I. bonkers expecting a part-time Club to fulfill a schedule like this.Do they think they are bionic men?

No home game in almost 7 weeks and we get 4 in 6 days at home. I guess the A team will play Millwall. We're lucky that Galway have a friendly against Leeds on the same night as we play Millwall so they will be tired as well.

Hulsey
08/07/2008, 10:41 AM
Decision by the fai to hold the game on tuesday is a joke. Why could the game not heve been held this tuesday, or set for a time which suits BOTH clubs not just bohs. Read that eddie and the players are complaining to the pfai about the situation. 4 games in 6 days is not on, means the players are going to be tired against millwall, resulting in a weakend team, and then having to play Galway in a must win game having played twice in the previous three days. Suppose what more do you expect from the fai?

flash
09/07/2008, 9:30 AM
We have all played 3 competitive games in a week eg when cup games are on, it is the clubs putting on meaningless friendlies (some may raise some much needed revenue) that are causing the problems. Bray are not the only club doing this.

BrayUnknowns
09/07/2008, 2:58 PM
We have all played 3 competitive games in a week eg when cup games are on, it is the clubs putting on meaningless friendlies (some may raise some much needed revenue) that are causing the problems. Bray are not the only club doing this.

There is a big difference here though, the league / FAI gave Bray premission to play these games months ago, so they knew about them. They then just told Bray that they had to play the Bohs game on th 15th, not open to discussion blah blah blah. 4 games in 6 days is not right for any club to have to play, there is also a reserve match on the pitch as well. The Bohs game was not down for this week, only the Galway fixture, hence why they gave Bray premission to play them in te 1st place/

There is plenty of time left in the season for the game to be played, no need to rush it in for next week.

Stevo Da Gull
09/07/2008, 8:01 PM
Why does it surprise anyone that the FAI can't organise a fixture list?

BohDiddley
14/07/2008, 10:31 PM
Gosh. You lot seem quietly confident.

Seagull-4-life
15/07/2008, 9:09 PM
Not the best performance

braysnumber1
15/07/2008, 10:46 PM
another poor performance tonite. since pats we havent performed at all, its as if the players think they've done enough to avoid relegation. i wasnt expecting too much from the game tonite, but they were very poor when in possession.

i was very shocked wit eddie's team selection !!! :eek: cawley dropped (was he injured?) ok he hasnt been playin well lately, but, puttin a left back (cronin) and a striker (rowe) in the centre of midfield against bohs is a joke. neither rowe or cronin hav done much this yr, you cant argue tha their work rate is very good but they are not centre midfielders. cronin is a decent left back and that is all. rowe is a good striker and should be playin up front.

very pleased wit o'keefe signing and i think himself and rowe could very good together - if eddie ever plays 2 up front. i think he should go back to his 4-4-2 system and scrap what ever he is tryin as it aint working.

we really need results in our next 2 games - 6 points is a must.

rant over for now!

CharlesThompson
15/07/2008, 11:14 PM
another poor performance tonite. since pats we havent performed at all, its as if the players think they've done enough to avoid relegation. i wasnt expecting too much from the game tonite, but they were very poor when in possession.

i was very shocked wit eddie's team selection !!! :eek: cawley dropped (was he injured?) ok he hasnt been playin well lately, but, puttin a left back (cronin) and a striker (rowe) in the centre of midfield against bohs is a joke. neither rowe or cronin hav done much this yr, you cant argue tha their work rate is very good but they are not centre midfielders. cronin is a decent left back and that is all. rowe is a good striker and should be playin up front.

very pleased wit o'keefe signing and i think himself and rowe could very good together - if eddie ever plays 2 up front. i think he should go back to his 4-4-2 system and scrap what ever he is tryin as it aint working.

we really need results in our next 2 games - 6 points is a must.

rant over for now!

I don't think you'll go down and i think that there were patches in the game tonight where you played particularly well. The two best chances you created tonight were following some pretty tight passing movements. Out of the teams we've played this year I would consider you better than Galway, Cobh, UCD and Harps. It's been a while since we've played Rovers so I'll reserve judgement on that.

That said i think that 2-0 reflected the way the game went but I wouldn't be getting too dispondent if you can keep that kind of performance up.

If anything I think that you're probably right about the centre midfield being a bit light. If you could get a bit of steel in there, you'll be well clear of any relegation worries you might have with lots to spare.

Bray Head
16/07/2008, 7:51 AM
Team selection was strange. Cronin in centre mid did not work. Whelan has been dissappointing this season. I was expecting more from him. Rowe was playing too deep and we need to play with 2 strikers. We only created 2 chances in the game and none in the first half. Two big games coming up and two wins will ensure premier division football for next season but complacency seems to have set in during the last few games.

naoise kennedy
16/07/2008, 8:23 AM
Team selection was strange. Cronin in centre mid did not work. Whelan has been dissappointing this season. I was expecting more from him. Rowe was playing too deep and we need to play with 2 strikers. We only created 2 chances in the game and none in the first half. Two big games coming up and two wins will ensure premier division football for next season but complacency seems to have set in during the last few games.

playing cronin and whelan in centre mid makes cawley look good. we need duggan and cawley back playing well, we need them to control mid on friday. bohs are a good well organised team, we were not last night, o keefe and rowe up front looks strong. duggan cawley kavanagh whelan midfield,, pender(foran or kenny) doherty (ronan or cronin) in defence....

BrayUnknowns
16/07/2008, 11:39 AM
Cronin was out of his depth in midfield but that aint his fault, he does not play there so i wouldn't have a pop at him for that. I actually thought Whelan had an ok game, won a lot in the air and tried to get it down and play, his passing was pretty much spot on all night and he made a few good forward breaks in the 2nd half. O'Keffee and Rowe should become a very good strike partnership and had some nice interplay in both halfs, especially for O'Keffee's lob that just went over in the 1st half. In fairness to Bohs they took there foot off the pedal at 2 nil but we had 2 excellent chances but Murphy made to top class saves from O'Keffee and the young lad on the wing (Coughlan i think?????).

With everyone fit and available at present i think we should be looking at a team starting againist Galway of:

GK - Gough

RB - Ivory
CB - Doherty
CB - Foran
LB - Pender

DM - Duggan

RCM - Kavanagh
CM - Cawley
LCM - Whelan

ST - O'Keffee
ST - Rowe

Sniffer
16/07/2008, 12:28 PM
AFAIK Cawley was suspended; was it Shane O'Neill who replaced O'Keefe?

BrayUnknowns
16/07/2008, 1:07 PM
AFAIK Cawley was suspended; was it Shane O'Neill who replaced O'Keefe?

I thought Cawley was susoended in Derry?

Yep that was Shane O'Neill who made his debut coming on for Aidan

Seagull
16/07/2008, 1:43 PM
I thought Foran had a very poor game, cleared nothing all night and should've been taken off sooner. O'Keeffe looks good, hopefully he'll learn the offside rule sooner rather than later! I don't think Cawley was suspended but I think he's been pretty woeful all season anyway. Where will the goals come from though? Rowe hasn't done it, Franco's gone, Emeka was in the stand, is it all down to O'Keeffe? Bohs were cruising last night.

superfrank
16/07/2008, 2:24 PM
Very disappointing performance last night. Bohs were missing Jayo, Brennan, Joxer and they still didn't have to push very hard to beat us.

I was impressed by O'Keefe's fitness. I was under the impression he hadn't played much at Drogs this year. Gareth Coughlan did well when he came on. He had two chances and seemed to want to play a lot more than the other players. Hopefully Duggan will be back for Friday. We missed him in midfield. One player who did impress was Rowe. He played a lot deeper than usual and it was good to see him getting involved in the play. It suited him a lot better than when he normally drifts in and out of games.

naoise kennedy
16/07/2008, 2:46 PM
I thought Foran had a very poor game, cleared nothing all night and should've been taken off sooner. O'Keeffe looks good, hopefully he'll learn the offside rule sooner rather than later! I don't think Cawley was suspended but I think he's been pretty woeful all season anyway. Where will the goals come from though? Rowe hasn't done it, Franco's gone, Emeka was in the stand, is it all down to O'Keeffe? Bohs were cruising last night.

you left out myler,, hopefully eddie will as well..

braysnumber1
16/07/2008, 4:17 PM
Very disappointing performance last night. Bohs were missing Jayo, Brennan, Joxer and they still didn't have to push very hard to beat us.

I was impressed by O'Keefe's fitness. I was under the impression he hadn't played much at Drogs this year. Gareth Coughlan did well when he came on. He had two chances and seemed to want to play a lot more than the other players. Hopefully Duggan will be back for Friday. We missed him in midfield. One player who did impress was Rowe. He played a lot deeper than usual and it was good to see him getting involved in the play. It suited him a lot better than when he normally drifts in and out of games.

what???? rowe was shocking again last night. ok he worked hard and got a lot of the ball but did fcukin nothing with it. i can only remember one good pass and that was when he put coughlan through. Ger Rowe is a forward and not a midfielder. He should be playin 2 up front - o'keefe and rowe.

oh and i wasnt havin a go at gary cronin in a previous post, he is a left back and not a centre midfielder, its not his fault that he has to play there. i really think this shows how thin we are in centre midfield position at the moment. daz, cawley and duggan not available and we're left wit a left back and forward playin there. actually in midfield altogether we look short, and now eddie has sent gary mccabe away on loan?

also dane massey looks a good player, but, again is he not a left back? is he also playin out of position???

dublinwanderer
16/07/2008, 4:24 PM
agree that the performances havent been good at all over the last couple of weeks. its like the start of the season again , good result away against cork then play badly and lose alot on the trot. and now since the mid season break, we had a good result against away to pats and have played crap since.... midfield looks very light short maybe 2 players imo.

its not really fair to criticise individual players, but is there anyone currently in the squad that is actually playing well?? i wouldnt say there is.

on current form and players available, i'd play:
--------------gough--------------
pender---kenny---doherty---cronin
kavanagh--duggan--cawley--whelan
----------rowe-------o'keefe-------
subs:
gk?
foran
ivory
emeka
dunphy

6 points are vital over the next two weeks. we cannot afford to let the good work slip at this stage.