PDA

View Full Version : Decaf, yes, decaf...

CraftyToePoke
06/07/2008, 11:10 PM
now, ole CTP has got himself a new lady in his life and its all good, however the new Mrs.CTP has recently decided to travel the decaf route and as im the lazy ''lie in bed while she makes the coffee type'', this means im pretty much on the decaf trail myself too.

so, my question be this.... whats the best kind/brand of decaf filter coffee you have come accross? as the stuff ive tried doesnt even register as recognisable as coffee so far.

and while we are at it, the same question for tea.

please and thanks, everyone.

Lionel Ritchie
07/07/2008, 10:24 AM
Coffee I haven't a clue about but I find the Twinnings fruit teas quite palatable. just let em stew awhile.

endabob1
08/07/2008, 10:29 AM
None of them, Decaff is like low alcohol beer an entirely pointless experience.

noby
08/07/2008, 10:42 AM
I agree with Bob. Sacrifice your lie in for the sake of your sanity. Or secretly fill the decaf coffee bag with proper coffee - everyone's a winner.

Rovers fan
08/07/2008, 6:25 PM
Sacrifice your lie in for the sake of your sanity. Or secretly fill the decaf coffee bag with proper coffee - everyone's a winner.

he could just dump her;):D

OneRedArmy
09/07/2008, 5:21 PM
I agree pretty much with the alcohol free beer comparison. It really is nowhere near as tasty.

In terms of recommendations, get yourself a Nespresso machine. They do a decent enough decaff shot or a long decaff and the rest of their blends are fantastic.

You should be able to pick one up for around 100 euro if you get a mail in rebate coupon.