PDA

View Full Version : The future..................

rambler14
06/07/2008, 5:53 PM
I have to say that after today it looks bright.

The friendlies lined up are great and have wonderful money spinning potential.
With the up coming Sunderland game and friendlies lined up against Celtic, Bristol City, Preston and Sevilla. I believe that sooner rather than later we will be in the position to make a profit at the end of a financial year.

Also the open-air concerts that will be starting next year will allow for even more financial windfall for the club.
Of course things all depend on the quality of acts that play the concerts. I personally think a call to Nicky Byrne's agent would help. The old "remember when we tried to save your football career" excuse could be used. Now i'm not saying we could get Westlife but surely it's worth a cheeky phone call!

ramblers
06/07/2008, 6:01 PM
Has the meeting next week been cancelled? And what is the story do we have a treasurer to mind the money?

don ramo
06/07/2008, 6:25 PM
meeting id say is cancelled, all 4 poeple have resigned there posts, so cant see it going ahead, need to co-opt new members id say, the commitee will decide who to apoint, untill the AGM.

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 6:35 PM
never know boyzone might play a comeback gig:D

Claret & Blue
07/07/2008, 8:40 AM
meeting id say is cancelled, all 4 poeple have resigned there posts, so cant see it going ahead, need to co-opt new members id say, the commitee will decide who to apoint, untill the AGM.

Is it ok to ask who is actually left on the committee? I'm an exile and while I have an idea of whats happening, and who is doing what etc, I would just like to know who is left on the committee going forward while they wait and decide who to co-opt until the AGM.............

A face
07/07/2008, 9:56 AM
Is there an ubiased, factual summary of what happened last night available anywhere?

luka
07/07/2008, 10:02 AM
No and to be honest it was for club members and should remain that way. All that the outside world need to know is that the vote was I believe, 4 to 1 in favour of the Chairman.

The Rebel Ram
07/07/2008, 10:15 AM
Is there an ubiased, factual summary of what happened last night available anywhere?

I will try and give an account. There were many 'heated' and extreemly personally exchanges during the meeting that do not need to be aired again.
The finances were discussed, with the resigned treasurer have absolutely no information on the finances. The state of play with the Sunderland game was then discussed with facts and figures. Basically there will be $200k delivered from the game, more probably.
Plans for the future were said. Concerts in the ground, Celtic fixture next year, Sevilla, Preston NE, Bristol City, all coming in the next two years.
It was outlined by one of the members who done his maths how the club can make €442k p.a. before gates or friendlies if the club is run right.
There were rants going on and going round in circles before the cry for it all to stop was made.
The vote proceeded on the no confidence in the chairman and it was defeated by approx 4 to 1. no figures were given but that was the 'pile' estimate.
I think finally the club can now get on with the football, and secure our position in the Prem Div. WIth our new signings and all the issues being addresssed we can move forward in the field of play!!!:):D:)

luka
07/07/2008, 10:20 AM
Wonder if that piece will make the Echo's back page tonight

marty
07/07/2008, 11:24 AM
Enough now about these meetings try and keep it football related from now on time to ignore these posts its football time and we have Shamrock Rovers to catch their slipping into that dark place which we just pulled out of,enough said trophy 2nite..

Redshanks
07/07/2008, 11:45 AM
I also think the meeting issue should be put to bed. I would just like to put one matter to bed with it. In a democratic exercise yesterday, the members of Cobh Ramblers club voted by a 4-1 majority to express full confidence in their chairman. I would like to remind Ramsfan and others of a like mind that those votes were not cast by fanatics or were the result of propaganda, but made by ordinary decent and mature people. Accept the result and less of the name calling at people who may use this and other forums!

ramsfan
07/07/2008, 12:26 PM
I also think the meeting issue should be put to bed. I would just like to put one matter to bed with it. In a democratic exercise yesterday, the members of Cobh Ramblers club voted by a 4-1 majority to express full confidence in their chairman. I would like to remind Ramsfan and others of a like mind that those votes were not cast by fanatics or were the result of propaganda, but made by ordinary decent and mature people. Accept the result and less of the name calling at people who may use this and other forums!

what this attacking me for bud, i never cast any accusations over vote it was a democratic proces done and dusted, sunderland committee brought forward some great ideas and fact and figures and seem to be doing a top job,i am delighted it is over it is up to the chairman and his committee to deliver and bring us forward which i have every confidence in after yesterday.
please now can we enjoy premier league football and drop the politics

in honesty redshanks you are mainly the person who makes things personal all the time

passerrby
07/07/2008, 1:17 PM
great to see this finally been put to bed best of luck to barry and the committee, I have one question how can you make 200K from the sunderland game apart from kndnapping the team and holding them to ransom.... now theres an idea

luka
07/07/2008, 1:21 PM
Tickets Sales, Luncheon Ticket Sales, Programme Advertising & Sales, Merchandising and plenty of hard work from the poeple on the Sunderland Organising Committee

ramsfan
07/07/2008, 1:28 PM
and hopefully celtic next season which will be the icing on the cake for a lot of people:D

luka
07/07/2008, 1:30 PM
Would have preferred Rangers myself but beggars can't be choosers I guess :eek:

don ramo
07/07/2008, 3:38 PM
Would have preferred Rangers myself but beggars can't be choosers I guess :eek:

i demand a life time ban;)

ramsfan
07/07/2008, 3:46 PM
hopefully paddy mccourt will have made a name for himself by then and will come to colmans park playin with first team

or freddie kanoute might arrive with sevilla.

remember years ago when forest, city and millwall came to cobh they were great games ,quinn mccarthy and keane 3 legends, hopefully some of that sparkle will come with visiting teams

luka
07/07/2008, 3:53 PM
hopefully paddy mccourt will have made a name for himself by then and will come to colmans park playin with first team

or freddie kanoute might arrive with sevilla.

remember years ago when forest, city and millwall came to cobh they were great games ,quinn mccarthy and keane 3 legends, hopefully some of that sparkle will come with visiting teams

Don't forget Fulham in, Jasus it must have been 81/82. I have the programme somewhere. I remember well chasing Malcom Mcdonald across the town to get his autograph.

ramsfan
07/07/2008, 4:00 PM
remember cobby kelly used to sell the tickets across the road in his shop:D:D
i remember talkin to kenny cunningham and asking him for his autograph and asking who he was, he was only recently signed for millwall, little did i know where he would end up:D

Redshanks
07/07/2008, 5:18 PM
Who remembers the black corrigated fence around the grounds? I ran after John O'Rourke for his autograph! Ha ha