PDA

View Full Version : A bit of calm and common sense

A face
06/07/2008, 12:10 AM
Lads, i know things are a bit heated at the moment, and the club is going through a particularly testing time and its hard on all the stakeholders involved. But i equally think that people lose the run of themselves at times like these, they do and say things they normally would not in the heat of the moment.

I think it would be best if people stepped back a bit and thought through their actions and words before adding to the turmoil that is already there. I definitely want people to calm down of here at bit but i also think that people would be best served with a calm and rational approach with an objective and a means to an end.

Getting peoples backs up will not help the situation. Taking swipes at people unnecessarily and igniting arguments will not help the situation even if you feel 'it needed to be said/done'. The meeting Sunday night, no matter what happens will need people with cool heads who can look to resolve the situation at hand, however it pans out.

I'm pointing this out because things seem a bit charged at the moment.

don ramo
06/07/2008, 12:39 AM
i doubth there getting charged, i hope not, im only messin about as im bored, hope nobody is takin me serious:ball:,

sure meetin tomorow itll be like a shiny new forum this time tomorow:ball:,

so are we doin a pool on how long the meeting will last:D.

chimpster
06/07/2008, 1:02 AM
so are we doin a pool on how long the meeting will last:D.

You bringing the pro plus? Do we need to book Monday off work? :rolleyes:

don ramo
06/07/2008, 1:24 AM
im off :D

luka
06/07/2008, 5:04 AM
I'm pointing this out because things seem a bit charged at the moment

I'll assume you used 'charged' for want of a btter word Face? ;)

You bringing the pro plus? Do we need to book Monday off work?

Not joking but I took the whole week off. I have the franchise on the slleeping bags and pillows and twill take me that long to bring em all back. :D

One a more serious not though, I don't expect this meet to extend past the two hour mark.

Redshanks
06/07/2008, 7:52 AM
I dont give a hoot how long it is once they open the doors and leave some air in this time. I'm convinced they starve the place of oxegen so people cant talk-scream anymore!

don ramo
06/07/2008, 11:10 AM
One a more serious not though, I don't expect this meet to extend past the two hour mark.

i hope your right luka

ramblers
06/07/2008, 2:23 PM
Calm and Common sense seemed to go out the window a long time ago which is hugely unfortunate.

Any chance you could would consider being an arbitrator they could do with one.

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 5:36 PM
Calm and Common sense seemed to go out the window a long time ago which is hugely unfortunate.

Any chance you could would consider being an arbitrator they could do with one.

you couldnt get kofi annan to do that:D

bellavistaman
07/07/2008, 9:45 AM
Time to move on now, bring the club forward, back to the football, no better way than the match tonight.

The Rebel Ram
07/07/2008, 10:00 AM
Time to move on now, bring the club forward, back to the football, no better way than the match tonight.

I recon yesterday was one of the most productive meetings the club has ever had. There was none of the 'MSL, I want to go back to the MSL, I never said that, Brigade', had any credibality what so ever left after yesterday. They were shown up for what they were and the 4 to 1 vote against them was more than enough to put them in their place.
The future for the club is so bright we will need to wear sunglasses when we beat City tonight!
Things are looking up and with the concerts and friendlies that are planned finances are looking sweet.

I hope some of the 'Sunderland Comittee' will be co-opted onto the club comittee now as they have shown yesterday how things should be run professionally with complete accountability.

Let the good times roll.

drinkfeckarse
07/07/2008, 10:02 AM
Great to hear the meeting went well. Onwards and upwards now.