PDA

View Full Version : Arrangements for the Russia game

Gary
29/08/2003, 1:40 PM
Hopefully this time the Rovers fans will be cordoned away from City fans, as it seems that the differences between these sets of fans will not be resolved. At the Oz game apparently the Rovers guys were doing all in their power to geta a rise out of the Corkys. The only reason trouble was averted was because the Cork lads joined the Rovers fellas in singing "ROY KEANE IS A TRAITOR" (he is u know).

Short of keeping them apart, how about a truce for the day, support Ireland and leave all our feuds behind for the day, as the last thing we ned is a few muppets (not just frm City and Shams) from some clubs starting a fight, and the entire eL allocation bites the dust.

Thoughts????

niamh
29/08/2003, 5:45 PM
Aye. The Russia match is about country not club.

Macy
01/09/2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Gary
Hopefully this time the Rovers fans will be cordoned away from City fans, as it seems that the differences between these sets of fans will not be resolved. At the Oz game apparently the Rovers guys were doing all in their power to geta a rise out of the Corkys. The only reason trouble was averted was because the Cork lads joined the Rovers fellas in singing "ROY KEANE IS A TRAITOR" (he is u know).

Short of keeping them apart, how about a truce for the day, support Ireland and leave all our feuds behind for the day, as the last thing we ned is a few muppets (not just frm City and Shams) from some clubs starting a fight, and the entire eL allocation bites the dust.

Thoughts????
Yeah, cos there were running riots between the fans at the other 3 games that we have had this initiative.....

Thoughts? Stop trying to make an issue where there isn't one....

Macy
01/09/2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Silvio Dante
Aren't EL fans supposed to be the example to which we Celtic supporting plebs look up to....;)
pleb is fookin right in your case... can you not just go away....

pete
02/09/2003, 12:10 PM
I never noticed any problems besides a bit of innocent slagging between Rovers 'n City fans at Lansdowne.

Colm
02/09/2003, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by pete
I never noticed any problems besides a bit of innocent slagging between Rovers 'n City fans at Lansdowne.

In fairness Pete, there wasn't anything 'innocent' about what went on at the Oz game. A few of the Rovers fans were trying to start something, doing their best to provoke us, luckily none of us reacted.
I hope that we are as far apart as possible at Saturday's game to ensure that nobody makes a fool out of themselves or that no incidents occur.

SÓC
03/09/2003, 3:10 PM
City and Rovers fans have I think been next to each other for all the "eL games" without trouble. At the Oz game some of the Rovers fans were going OTT about the KOH banner. The Keane song calmed things down. I wouldnt be worried about that, sure one of the Rovers fans even sang a verse of the Boys Of Fair Hill.

Now imagne what happens if the Bohs and Rovers fans are anywhere near each other at this match, different story.