PDA

View Full Version : Second Issue of Onside Magazine

Blueandproud
05/07/2008, 12:14 AM
When is the second issue of Onside Magazine out ?

A face
05/07/2008, 12:23 AM
I dunno but not soon enough is the answer. I bought three and put them strategically on coffee tables, break rooms, etc and there was a great response. Its actually great, it inspired loads of conversation on the league, with me arriving at the tail end of conversations having to clarify stuff on several occasions. Its good quality and will hold its own with any football fan. The St Pauli, Trapp and Kevin Doyle article were great and will definitely engage the Irish footie fan in waiting. Not all barstoolers are muppets, some people simply aren't exposed to the league enough. OnSide and MNS will go along way to resolving that situation.

The only problem is they are not available in enough places.

CJTheGull
07/07/2008, 10:52 AM
Just saw it in Eason's the other day - there was only one copy left so someone must be buying it! Looks really good - was that the first issue yeah?

A face
07/07/2008, 11:28 AM
Just saw it in Eason's the other day - there was only one copy left so someone must be buying it! Looks really good - was that the first issue yeah?

The first issue had George O'callaghan on the front cover.

Ash
07/07/2008, 11:44 AM
The first issue had George O'callaghan on the front cover.

I wonder will they have a follow up interview with him seeing as his tune changed in between issues

A face
07/07/2008, 12:24 PM
I wonder will they have a follow up interview with him seeing as his tune changed in between issues

Have a look see (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/iwoto/cover25.jpg)

fiend
17/07/2008, 2:30 PM
Hi Guys. We are hoping to have the next issue out by the beginning of September. We had originally planed to have it out by the 16th of July but unfortunatly we didnt get enough advertising which for a small publication like OnSide is essential. I will write up another post as soon as there is a definate date for the next issue.

brianw82
18/07/2008, 3:53 PM
I have come into possession of 2 issues, one of which has GOC on the cover, the other has Kevin Doyle.
Was there a particular reason for 2 covers?

HarpoJoyce
18/07/2008, 4:04 PM
I have come into possession of 2 issues, one of which has GOC on the cover, the other has Kevin Doyle.
Was there a particular reason for 2 covers?

Esthetics!

stovelid
18/07/2008, 4:20 PM
No offense to the lads but the first issue had an embarrassing amount of typos and errors.

And what has GOC done to warrant all that self-belief? :)

Good mag otherwise and will be buying it again.

dcfcsteve
18/07/2008, 5:08 PM
Esthetics!

Is that like aesthetics...? :p