PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 8:06 PM
galway 2 up against city in the cross what a disaster, we are holding out for a point at mo

cmon rams

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 8:15 PM
2-2 cmon city:D

4th-div-are-we
04/07/2008, 8:52 PM
:D3-2...under different circumstance you can support any team..cmon city ;)

0-0 imo great result..
thats another point and hopefully a head lifter for the team...
were the new signings playin?? if they were; how did they fit in??

hillman
04/07/2008, 8:58 PM
Great point on the road,after 2 bad games, a head lifter alright

chimpster
04/07/2008, 8:59 PM
Got to be happy with 0-0, especially with Galway and UCD losing.

Team: McCarthy; Carey, J.Meade, Gutsie, Murray; J.Kearney, C.O'Brien, Lally, Dav; O'Reilly, Cummins
Subs: Mulcahy, Coleman, A.Kearney, Barrett, C.Meade.

Anyone know the story with O'Halloran, Kavanagh and Gaynor. Have they actually signed yet?

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 9:08 PM
according to echo they will sign this week, what a difference murray and gutsy together make to the team

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 9:44 PM
from rte website

Strugglers Cobh Ramblers ground out a precious point at Tolka Park as Shamrock Rovers' season continues to falter.

The Hoops had the ball in the net in the 11th minute but striker Dessie Baker was penalised for a push in the box.

Rovers striker Padraig Amond then cleared off the line in the 32nd minute after Cobh's Gavin O'Neill's header was blocked

4th-div-are-we
04/07/2008, 10:03 PM
Rovers striker Padraig Amond then cleared off the line in the 32nd minute after Cobh's Gavin O'Neill's header was blocked

:mad:could of got him off the mark for the rest of the season!!

chimpster
04/07/2008, 10:37 PM
Glad to hear Dav was getting stuck in. Saw him lining out for the 'A' side in front of about 15 people in Ennis last Sunday and although he had a decent enough game, you had to feel for him! Whatever happened in training last week (and what followed) has hopefully gone some way to sorting his head out.

dfx-
04/07/2008, 10:38 PM
First Division Match. You were disciplined and as I said beforehand, you should be looking for a draw and you were comfortable.

Probably the easiest game you've had since we went to St. Colman's Park :o

chimpster
04/07/2008, 10:42 PM
First Division Match. You were disciplined and as I said beforehand, you should be looking for a draw and you were comfortable.

Probably the easiest game you've had since we went to St. Colman's Park :o

I'd say Scully's big mouth is coming back to haunt him...

don ramo
04/07/2008, 11:11 PM
well done lads great result, it was always gonna be hard to win in tolka, glad to see new signing played, hopefully this is where we turn the corner, now we have to build on this result,
bottom 5 are within 12 points of each other and were only halfway, a lot can happen,

again well done lads:ball::ball::ball:

rambler14
05/07/2008, 9:23 AM
Last night was probably one of Rams best performences this season. They were brilliant.

Colin O'Brien was outstanding, he intercepted every ball, passed accurate and most importantly he didn't shut up for the whole match............constantly talking and barracking orders and telling players when they fooked up.
Bilko had a very good game as did the entire back four, I thought John Meade in particular had a great game at left back.
Davin was pretty poor. He tried but got absolutely no where, he pulled out of way too many challenges. Lally on the left wing was very good but got tired toward the end. Kearney was good but not great.
Cummins was his usual self and ran all over the pitch and gave 100% once again. Reilly should have scored a one on one in the 2nd half but he allowed Daragh Maguire to get back and make a crucial challenge.

A draw was a fair result, but at times it looked as if a goal could take it. A crucial point when you look at the results.

If we play like we did last night then we can beat Cork City Monday night!..............Colin O'Brien won't be eligible to play so all we have to do is throw Kenny Coleman in and we'll win...............hopefully:D

Don't be surprised to see Pat Scully quit this week. Rovers were booed off the pitch and Scully was heckled and told "You don't know what your doing!"

ramblers
05/07/2008, 10:13 AM
Colin O B has experience of playing at this level which has been what we were missing. I am glad to hear he got stuck in straight away. He will have a good influence on the players around him. Murray back is a big bonus now all we have to do is train them so they cant speak too referees so they dont get sent off.

4 points to make up if we gain momentum we will stay up.

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 10:44 AM
last nights point and other loses around us has really brought us back into it, from reports colin was exactly what was needed , we lacked an experienced voice, hopefully a strong voice and a cool head will start to make players believe in themselves again. pity dav didnt get off mark could have gone on a run then.

as i said earlier it is defo about the back four when carey,murray,gutsie and meade are together we are a totally different side:D

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 10:48 AM
forgot to ask how many travelled last night:confused:

rambler14
05/07/2008, 11:07 AM
20??? I never really counted.

What a difference Brian McCarthy makes:D:D

luka
05/07/2008, 11:19 AM
Delighted with the point. I wasn't there but heard they played very well indeed. St.Pats to do Harps tomorrow night and we're almost laughing. Jasus, Galway nearly got a point against City last night.

luka
05/07/2008, 11:19 AM
What a difference Brian McCarthy makes

You really do love him don't ya!! ;)

don ramo
05/07/2008, 11:21 AM
What a difference Brian McCarthy makes:D:D
well according to extra time hes still around
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/581/

rambler14
05/07/2008, 11:27 AM
well according to extra time hes still around
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/581/

Heres hoping it's a miss-print. But AFAIK he's definetly gone.

bellavistaman
05/07/2008, 11:53 AM
What a difference kevin murray makes, sorted out the hole back 4.

Colin O'Brien is a born leader, he going to be a major addition out there. If Kieran O'Reilly was in confidence he would have buried that, a bad miss to be fair. But i felt it was a foul on him, also the ball cleared off the line im convinced was behind the line, but the linesman standing with "the ultras" over his shoulder, not a hope. How maguire stayed on the field i dont know, 1 yellow card is beyond me, he must have made 20 fouls at least 5 warranting a yellow, very good player though.

I felt our biggest problem was not being able to hold on to the ball ,jesus christ if RTE did stats we'd be embarrassed by possesion we never picked out our man, very few times we got the ball down and started playing like we know we can.

Lally gave the RB a few things to think about again tbf.

rambler14
05/07/2008, 11:59 AM
Roddy Collins was in attendance for about 60 mins and in fairness they were good for that 60 mins so hopefully he'll be kind to us............doubt it!

That Maguire tackle on Reiily was one of the best tackles you'll see, clearly won the ball. But again I thought he should have been sent off for other incidents as he was flying in to the challenges and rarely winning the ball(with exception for the last ditch tackle on Reilly).

Also look out for Conor Meade on MNS Monday night. The lads chose him to do "Sixty" last night in Tolka.

Cici900
05/07/2008, 2:11 PM
Got to be happy with 0-0, especially with Galway and UCD losing.

Team: McCarthy; Carey, J.Meade, Gutsie, Murray; J.Kearney, C.O'Brien, Lally, Dav; O'Reilly, Cummins
Subs: Mulcahy, Coleman, A.Kearney, Barrett, C.Meade.

Anyone know the story with O'Halloran, Kavanagh and Gaynor. Have they actually signed yet?

Kavanagh was out injured

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 3:07 PM
is kavanagh a winger centre forward or centre mid?

bellavistaman
05/07/2008, 4:58 PM
Winger and a forward.

Hes not injured just problem with the contract, he'll be there next sat

rambler14
05/07/2008, 6:02 PM
as will Greg and Ross Gaynor according to Hendo on the Big Red bench.

luka
06/07/2008, 5:50 AM
Also look out for Conor Meade on MNS Monday night. The lads chose him to do "Sixty" last night in Tolka

About time too, even if we had to be in Dublin to get it. I've been canvassing MSN fr ages to get one of our lads on it and to get Hendo in on a Monday night.

rambler14
06/07/2008, 6:11 PM
Harps beatin Pats 1-0..........disaster

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 6:36 PM
disaster:mad:

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 6:40 PM
2-1 pats now:D

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 6:41 PM
live on rte radio now

http://www.aertel.ie/sport/soccer/features/stpats_harps.html

rambler14
06/07/2008, 6:41 PM
live on rte radio now

http://www.aertel.ie/sport/soccer/features/stpats_harps.html

Live on setanta too!, i've missed all 3 goals! I'm trying to watch federer vs nadal and the soccer.

rambler14
06/07/2008, 7:09 PM
4-1....................it should be 5 or 6 now.

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 7:12 PM
4-1....................it should be 5 or 6 now.

the mini league develops

rambler14
06/07/2008, 7:16 PM
Just goes to show how crucial our point vs Rovers was............................were on the up, things are sorted behind the scenes, we've signed 4 great players, we have a fantastic manager and a final Monday night..................our season is only just beginning!:)

ramsfan
06/07/2008, 7:18 PM
positivity at last , happy days can we please talk football for a while now only 16- 17 of season left hopefully we can now enjoy them, with havin any more bloody meetings:D

don ramo
07/07/2008, 12:17 AM
4 points from safety, with 4 new signings, rover and sligo may start struggling and us, harps, and ucd, 2 out of 5 in play (galway are gone)i like our odds, get your bets in now lads.

ramsfan
11/07/2008, 9:06 PM
great results for us tonight, if we get a result tomorrow we will be on the move