PDA

View Full Version : Chairman's Statement

Pages : [1] 2

luka
03/07/2008, 3:44 PM
Copied from the other forum, below is a statement from the Club Chairman.

I would sincerely like to ask all the people who are contributing to the forums to cease the character assassinations of other Club Members and their Families. Any person who puts their name forward for a position on the committee deserves the respect that the position carries. The job is hard enough without being hammered day and night on various Discussion Forums. So again i would ask you to get back to what the our Club is all about, Football, get behind the team and let the politics out of it.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sincerely

Barry Walsh

Chairman.

rambler14
03/07/2008, 3:58 PM
That was bound to happen sooner or later, some of the lads on the other forum are obsessed with character bashing and sh!t stirring.

don ramo
03/07/2008, 4:13 PM
forums, should just say OFF forum really, :D

John83
03/07/2008, 4:36 PM
...cease the character assassinations of other Club Members and their Families...
Has there been much of this? :confused: Poor form if so.

ramsfan
03/07/2008, 6:41 PM
overall it is a total ridiculous situation, people have lost the run of themselves in some areas, cant wait for sunday to be finished

luka
03/07/2008, 7:56 PM
Has there been much of this? Poor form if so.

Lets make one thing clear here ok. No individuals names, Family names were mentioned.

people have lost the run of themselves in some areas

Pants Ramfan and you know it. One or two indivuduals believed they had something to say and said it. Both sides had a chance to express their views. Far as I'm concerned, I voiced mine and said what Ihad to say as did you and everyone else.

That was bound to happen sooner or later, some of the lads on the other forum are obsessed with character bashing and sh!t stirring.

Don't eve go there R14. You had your bit to say as well.

rambler14
03/07/2008, 8:16 PM
Don't even go there R14. You had your bit to say as well.

Hardly!
The most i've said on the current situation is "I agree" or "Yes" or "I don't think that anyone has done anything to attract legal attention" and I know thats what i've said because i've checked back!

Most of my comments in the last 2 weeks on the OFF Forum have been in relation to the fans match and the forum match and the thread about rams being fined.

ramblers
03/07/2008, 8:34 PM
Good to see Luka is keeping control on everyone!!

Tell them all to stay away from the forums and they wont get upset.

The Rebel Ram
03/07/2008, 9:03 PM
I'm not too sure where Barry is coming from with the 'Familes' being attacked. Wether it is a just in case secenario I don't know, maybe so. Things will be getting heated on Sunday alright.
Is it true that one officer resigned last night and two more walked out(again)
If this is so then it might be justification to have the new comittee voted in on Sunday and we can have the full un-deflected support for the teams next home game.
Having been in contact with a few of the comittee members for the Sunderland game I have been very impressed with their enthusiasm, energy, innovative ideas and commitment. I certainly hope some of them will go forward for election to the comittee(if the resignations are true).
They are what the club need to drive us forward and make the club the talking point of the league for good reasons. Lets make the club a role model for others to follow.
With fresh blood in the committee I believe this WILL happen.

ramsfan
03/07/2008, 9:12 PM
Pants Ramfan and you know it. One or two indivuduals believed they had something to say and said it. Both sides had a chance to express their views. Far as I'm concerned, I voiced mine and said what Ihad to say as did you and everyone else.

reading the off forum says different there is more venom there than in a pit full of cobras:ball:

Ramtillidie
03/07/2008, 10:08 PM
IF its true about family being brought into it thats just not on cant we simply get behind the team and support whom ever is in charge for once

luka
04/07/2008, 5:05 AM
IF its true about family being brought into it thats just not on cant we simply get behind the team and support whom ever is in charge for once

Again, I'll make it clear. Families were never ever mentioned, by either of the two sides and yes everyone should get behind the team.

drinkfeckarse
04/07/2008, 11:49 AM
I would sincerely like to ask all the people who are contributing to the forums to cease the character assassinations of other Club Members and their Families. Any person who puts their name forward for a position on the committee deserves the respect that the position carries. The job is hard enough without being hammered day and night on various Discussion Forums. So again i would ask you to get back to what the our Club is all about, Football, get behind the team and let the politics out of it.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sincerely

Barry Walsh

Chairman.

Oh the irony. If only we had people within the club that would adhere to this we wouldn't be in this mess. That should be the first thing Barry says on Sunday.

Mr Maroon
04/07/2008, 12:26 PM
Cobh Ramblers could drop out of the eircom League of Ireland and return to the amateur Munster Senior League, pending the outcome of an Extraordinary General Meeting scheduled for this weekend.

According to Friday’s Irish Independent, the meeting, to be held on Sunday night, will hear a proposal of ‘no confidence’ in chairman Barry Walsh and three other directors of the club.

And if the motion is carried, Cobh could resign their place among the senior ranks and return to the intermediate status they held before their election to the League 23 years ago.

Walsh told the newspaper: “There are people (within the club) who say that it’s not viable for Cobh to survive in the League of Ireland. People want to go back to what they had pre-1985. They are a small minority but they have been there all the time.

“They want to go back to the good old days when they didn’t have to pay players and the club was theirs and they did what they liked with it. These people reckon they own the club. They can’t understand why we should be paying players and can’t comprehend the fact that we’re in the Premier Division.”

offside rule
04/07/2008, 12:34 PM
Cobh Ramblers could drop out of the eircom League of Ireland and return to the amateur Munster Senior League, pending the outcome of an Extraordinary General Meeting scheduled for this weekend.

According to Friday’s Irish Independent, the meeting, to be held on Sunday night, will hear a proposal of ‘no confidence’ in chairman Barry Walsh and three other directors of the club.

And if the motion is carried, Cobh could resign their place among the senior ranks and return to the intermediate status they held before their election to the League 23 years ago.

Walsh told the newspaper: “There are people (within the club) who say that it’s not viable for Cobh to survive in the League of Ireland. People want to go back to what they had pre-1985. They are a small minority but they have been there all the time.

“They want to go back to the good old days when they didn’t have to pay players and the club was theirs and they did what they liked with it. These people reckon they own the club. They can’t understand why we should be paying players and can’t comprehend the fact that we’re in the Premier Division.”

Absolute tripe Mr. Chairman!!!

''There should be no divide when it comes to loyality, support and service to Cobh Ramblers.

I am not stupid but I do believe that the "Them and Us" scenario is really just a few fanatical people on both sides of a divide trying to score points off eachother.

Its points on the premier division we should be fighting for and I for one would question the motives of people who are so stubborn and caught up in fighting rather than working together. These people need to be reminded that there are no personal honours been granted for serving Cobh Ramblers. Rather, Cobh Ramblers is a family of the People of Cobh and all who come to support our club and everything that is good about it.

I do not believe for one moment that the majority of genuine supporters or volunteers of Cobh Ramblers would wish to see the club return to MSL.

THAT I BELIEVE IS USED BY SOME PEOPLE TO CREATE FURTHER DIVIDE. ''

drinkfeckarse
04/07/2008, 1:00 PM
Absolute tripe Mr. Chairman!!!

Tripe??? I'd say he just about hit the nail on the head there.

offside rule
04/07/2008, 1:07 PM
I do not believe for one moment that the majority of genuine supporters or volunteers of Cobh Ramblers would wish to see the club return to MSL.

THAT I BELIEVE IS USED BY SOME PEOPLE TO CREATE FURTHER DIVIDE. ''

drinkfeckarse
04/07/2008, 1:44 PM
No matter how many times you put it in bold or underline it doesn't change the fact that these people are there. That's a fact.

We'll find out soon enough...

luka
04/07/2008, 1:46 PM
No matter how many times you put it in bold or underline it doesn't change the fact that these people are there. That's a fact.

We'll find out soon enough...

It appears that the only thing tripe about that report are the first three paragraphs

offside rule
04/07/2008, 2:32 PM
I think the group you talk about said before that we didnt have debt and dire finances wen the club was MSL, and people(like yourself) have twisted this into 'we should go back to MSL'.

I do believe that the "Them and Us" scenario is really just a few fanatical people on both sides of a divide trying to score points off eachother.

A tactic which is used also in the press release above, which is trying to create a bigger divide and frighten the true supporters who dont want to be involved in the club politics into thinkin that these people who motioned a ''no confidence in the chairman'', want the club back msl.

THAT I BELIEVE IS USED BY SOME PEOPLE TO CREATE FURTHER DIVIDE.

They motioned a ''no confidence in the chairman'' vote ---
NOT A MOTION FOR RETURN TO MSL!!!

The debt we have now is bad enough and growing day by day in LOI, in fairness how could you lesson the clubs debt by going back MSL, no money there, no one at matches, etc.
The place to try make money is in Premier LOI where we are now!. - but we aren't making it we could be close to financail trouble.

luka
04/07/2008, 3:26 PM
and people(like yourself) have twisted this into 'we should go back to MSL'.

Is it me you rer to there because if so then I hate to inform you that this MSL Brigade this has beenaround an awful lot longer than me.

The place to try make money is in Premier LOI where we are now!. - but we aren't making it we could be close to financail trouble.

Have Cobh ever supported their own?

Redshanks
04/07/2008, 3:27 PM
Where did I see that same tripe post by offsider before? As for the chairmans appeal to not slag off other members and there families, I guess Rebel Ram is correct in saying its a precautionary move, because I have not read a single thread yet where any individual of any side of the argument targetted individuals or their families. I know of individuals having been treatened and warned over all this but not on line. In fact, I understand there are already some disiplinary hearings going on in relation to some of these but nothing to do with on-line activities.

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 4:53 PM
Where did I see that same tripe post by offsider before? As for the chairmans appeal to not slag off other members and there families, I guess Rebel Ram is correct in saying its a precautionary move, because I have not read a single thread yet where any individual of any side of the argument targetted individuals or their families. I know of individuals having been treatened and warned over all this but not on line. In fact, I understand there are already some disiplinary hearings going on in relation to some of these but nothing to do with on-line activities.

this sort of stuff belongs on off forum not here

don ramo
04/07/2008, 5:12 PM

thats where it originated anyway, so just let the thread die lads

luka
04/07/2008, 6:26 PM
thats where it originated anyway, so just let the thread die lads

Absolute ******** and you know it DR. It all started her kid! You now that have more than one usernme her is banned................

Ramsfan.....about time you grew up and go with your heart and not with what you're being fed. You've had your fair share to say too but you got bollocked for your blinkered vision on the other site and pulled out. So the moral is...........

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 7:42 PM
moral is avoid writing on a bigoted forum

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 7:45 PM
Absolute ******** and you know it DR. It all started her kid! You now that have more than one usernme her is banned................

Ramsfan.....about time you grew up and go with your heart and not with what you're being fed. You've had your fair share to say too but you got bollocked for your blinkered vision on the other site and pulled out. So the moral is...........

my heart says majority of stuff written is propaganda which has no founding, msl football will never be in cobh, if current situation stays we will prob go bust if things change we may survive financially that is the truth luka, same applys too luka you should go with heart and not let the crap that you are fed and believe 110% percent take you over. alot of good people have given lots of time and effort to this club to be poisoned with rubbish

luka
04/07/2008, 8:00 PM
moral is avoid writing on a bigoted forumamsfan..........my intention is not to fall out with you but I find the above comment very rich

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 8:03 PM
i dont want to fall out with anyone, cos i certainly dont need the hassle, but lately the off forum has become like a minefield , if you post there is about a dozen ready to rip you to bits unless you toe the party line , that is what i meant bigoted was wrong word to use:ball:

as in last post blinkered vision = do not agree with propaganda?

don ramo
04/07/2008, 11:05 PM
Absolute ******** and you know it DR. It all started her kid! You now that have more than one usernme her is banned.

first:confused:

actually it all kicked off after the city game, and most people turned to the off forum, a bit spilled over here, a bit did, have you see the amount of threads on the subject there, i really hate politics and have no time for them, i have a view thats mine to know and no one elses, thats about how far my politicals motives go at this moment in time,

no offence luka but i just dont like the people there, its to free spirited and to much info, im here for the football, and talk with my fellow ram fans, not listen to smidge and whathisface, and the shower of newbies whoever let them register,

just lookin now, there are 8 threads locked, im sure there are various reasons, that im not gonna look at, but its just to chaotic,

chimpster
04/07/2008, 11:20 PM
first:confused:

actually it all kicked off after the city game, and most people turned to the off forum, a bit spilled over here, a bit did, have you see the amount of threads on the subject there, i really hate politics and have no time for them, i have a view thats mine to know and no one elses, thats about how far my politicals motives go at this moment in time,

no offence luka but i just dont like the people there, its to free spirited and to much info, im here for the football, and talk with my fellow ram fans, not listen to smidge and whathisface, and the shower of newbies whoever let them register,

just lookin now, there are 8 threads locked, im sure there are various reasons, that im not gonna look at, but its just to chaotic,

Spot on. I stopped looking at the other forum last weekend, its like a catfight over there. Reminds me of being at school. I'm here for the club and the team and don't give a toss for the other stuff. I can only hope that one day we'll get ourselves a unified committee, whoever they are!

bellavistaman
05/07/2008, 12:39 AM
msl football will never be in cobh

wanderers???

Allstar
05/07/2008, 1:36 AM
Ha great shout bella!!!!

luka
05/07/2008, 6:40 AM
All here for the football and not one of you mention the point Ramblers got against Shamrock Rovers last night.............

Redshanks
05/07/2008, 9:01 AM
I think what Ramsfan is trying to tell you Luka is that they have a better class of bigot on this site. They dont have to debate politics because they all agree that the Chairman must go anyway. Why argue with yourself?
Don Ramo on the other hand stormed off the other site because Bella got the better of him in a debate about FOOTBALL not politics. (a **** site)
Heads in the sand comes to mind, because the problems being debated on the other site and which will decide the future course of this club on and off the filed, will be debated at EGM tomorrow. The better class of bigots who find this site as their home away from other views, will be among to most vocal screamers at tomorrows events. Then we'll see the real bigots in action!;)

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 10:37 AM
crawl back to your other site where people hang on your every word, here we are more interested in football not points and vote scoring:ball:

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 10:38 AM
I think what Ramsfan is trying to tell you Luka is that they have a better class of bigot on this site. They dont have to debate politics because they all agree that the Chairman must go anyway. Why argue with yourself?
Don Ramo on the other hand stormed off the other site because Bella got the better of him in a debate about FOOTBALL not politics. (a **** site)
Heads in the sand comes to mind, because the problems being debated on the other site and which will decide the future course of this club on and off the filed, will be debated at EGM tomorrow. The better class of bigots who find this site as their home away from other views, will be among to most vocal screamers at tomorrows events. Then we'll see the real bigots in action!;)

difference here is a face and dahamsta have a control of this site the other site is out of control :ball:

luka
05/07/2008, 10:46 AM
difference here is a face and dahamsta have a control of this site the other site is out of control :ball:

I agree that two guys are fine but boy have you changed you're attitude. Nothing personal but whan you say somethig please stick with it 'cause with all the chopping and changing its easy to get confused. I also disagree that the other place is out of control. You couldn't be more wrong there. It's just that people can actually express their views the way the want and the moderation isn't as tight as here. Anyway, I though ye wanted to talk football and not politics so lets drop it eh.

crawl back to your other site where people hang on your every word, here we are more interested in football not points and vote scoring

Was that for me or Redshanks?

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 10:47 AM
agreed 100%:D

close this thread someone please

don ramo
05/07/2008, 11:19 AM

:D:D:D

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 12:26 PM
let this thread go lads:)

Redshanks
05/07/2008, 1:36 PM
Ya let it go its too free spirited!

Dont think out loud either Luka, its not on!

Redshanks
05/07/2008, 1:42 PM
The last word on the matter should go to Hendo -Tonights Evening Echo!

ramsfan
05/07/2008, 3:04 PM
Ya let it go its too free spirited!

Dont think out loud either Luka, its not on!

luka was in agreement to drop:)

offside rule
05/07/2008, 6:40 PM
Is it me you rer to there because if so then I hate to inform you that this MSL Brigade this has been around an awful lot longer than me.

Ref: (i assume you meant) Is to anyone that keeps refering to th MSL brigade.
The motion is for ''no confidence in the chairman'' vote --- NOT A MOTION FOR RETURN TO MSL!!!
Im referring to the people on here who keep saying this ''about going back to MSL'' - NOBODY HAS MOTIONED THIS, but I know its a trait used by the chairman in his press articles and by some memebers of the club to try get a message out to others that the people who motioned the no confidence want a retun to msl ...
answer me this - where was this on the letter signed by the 20???.

P.S. - these people have been around longer(pre 1985 as said by Barry Walsh) than you, you've only been around since rams started getting results and challenging for honours in First division and hence getting promotion and now in Premier League!!! -- ... -- jumping on the band wagon springs to mind!!!

offside rule
05/07/2008, 6:47 PM
what a load of ****** offside do you thinkwe are all stupid or what .... just fcuk off yanker..... trying to pretend that you are on one side then preaching for the other......

Look we all know what side your batting for, and your petty name calling is a character assassination that the Chairman asked to be ceased.
Just goes to show the respect you have for his requests.
As i said you have decided your side, and i respect your decision (man to man)!!!, ... if ive decided to be on the fence id ask you to respect my decision - not like a child with your petty name calling.

Again i would ask EVERYONE on here to get back to what the our Club is all about, Football, get behind the team and let the politics out of it.

rambler14
05/07/2008, 6:47 PM
P.S. - these people have been around longer(pre 1985 as said by Barry Walsh) than you, you've only been around since rams started getting results and challenging for honours in First division and hence getting promotion and now in Premier League!!! -- ... -- jumping on the band wagon springs to mind!!!

You really don't have a clue do ya???.............brace yourself for a backlash of abuse after that comment!:mad:

Who gives a sh!t how long people have been around. I was around years before we won the league and so were most of the fans we have today and I for one will be around for years after those club killers are gone.

Your attitude stinks Offside Rule and it has since your 1st post on the forum.............do yourself a favour and crawl back under the rock you came from and stop sh!t stirring.:mad:

Can I take this opportunity to apologise for not having the decency to be born before 1985!.............what was my mother thinking of???:confused:

don ramo
05/07/2008, 6:54 PM
Again i would ask EVERYONE on here to get back to what the our Club is all about, Football, get behind the team and let the politics out of it.

ok so stop replying :rolleyes:

offside rule
05/07/2008, 7:01 PM
You really don't have a clue do ya???.............brace yourself for a backlash of abuse after that comment!:mad:

Who gives a sh!t how long people have been around. I was around years before we won the league and so were most of the fans we have today and I for one will be around for years after those club killers are gone.

Your attitude stinks Offside Rule and it has since your 1st post on the forum.............do yourself a favour and crawl back under the rock you came from and stop sh!t stirring.:mad:

Can I take this opportunity to apologise for not having the decency to be born before 1985!.............what was my mother thinking of???:confused:

wait, wait, wait, - right - Im all braced for it now!!!

Ill stir if I want -There is plenty of it been stirred in here by everyone else so I'll contribute what I want to it aswell.

don ramo
05/07/2008, 7:01 PM
not accepted 14:D