PDA

View Full Version : 3V vouchers for pre-booking hostels/hotels?

Raheny Red
03/07/2008, 2:25 PM
..........on www.hostelworld.com

I'm going interrailing in a few weeks time. I don't have a Credit Card so have to look at another option to book our places to stay whilst traveling around Europe. I've got a 3V card and was thinking that it may be of some help to book accom. Thinking of using it on hostelworld website so therefore using it for the 10% booking fee and paying the rest in cash when we get over there.

So has anyone ever used a 3V card for this sort of thing and if so did you have any problems with it, cheers in advance....

NavanBohs
04/07/2008, 6:43 PM
Ive used it before for a hostel in Glasgow last year and one in Frankfurt this year, both on hostelworld.com, no problems with either. I think, though not 100% sure, you can use an AIB bank ATM/laser card either

:ball:

Boo_Boy
04/07/2008, 6:58 PM
I've booked 2 weekend breaks in Dublin over the last year with 3v vouchers and had no problems, it can be used anywhere that accepts Visa cards but cannot be used in dunnes etc.

Dodge
04/07/2008, 6:59 PM
it can be used anywhere that accepts Visa cards but cannot be used in dunnes etc.

LOL :eek:

sligoman
08/07/2008, 11:58 AM
it can be used anywhere that accepts Visa cards but cannot be used in dunnes etc.Dunnes accept Visa cards.

Raheny Red
10/07/2008, 9:24 AM
Cheers for the replies. Got two places booked with it so hopefully no hassle when we arrive :)