PDA

View Full Version : The Fleet Foxes and The Hold Steady

Billsthoughts
03/07/2008, 12:42 PM
Anybody heard either of these bands? The hold steady getting heavy rotation on phantom with a song called "sequestered in Memphis". Really like the song just wondering is the alnum any use. Also fleet foxes getting a lot good reviews. Anybody heard the album?

Wolfie
03/07/2008, 12:53 PM
Anybody heard either of these bands? The hold steady getting heavy rotation on phantom with a song called "sequestered in Memphis". Really like the song just wondering is the alnum any use. Also fleet foxes getting a lot good reviews. Anybody heard the album?

For what its worth - The new Hold Steady album received a very positive review in Q magazine this month. It was highly recommended.

MariborKev
03/07/2008, 12:56 PM
Fleet Foxes album is sublime. Recommended purchases.

Wangball
03/07/2008, 9:51 PM
2 of my favourite bands, have seen the Hold Steady twice, once in the Temple Bar Music Centre and once in Belfast and I have to say they are amazing, they've had a few albums out but go get Seperation Sunday and Boys and Girls in America before you get the new one...Boys and Girls in America is probably in the top 5 albums of last year! They're like a cross between Springsteen and the Replacements

Fleet Foxes are great too, very melodic stuff, the album is brilliant too

Anyone heard the Felice Brothers??

TonyD
03/07/2008, 10:52 PM
I bought Boys and Girls in America, and I can't say it really blew me away. Couple of decent songs (Chips Ahoy probably the standout) but nothing amazing in my view.

gustavo
04/07/2008, 8:02 AM
I really liked Boys and Girls in America , a lot of good songs on it , especially Stuck Between Stations which was brilliant , I'm definetly gonna get the new album , saw them at Oxegen they were very good!

Neish
05/07/2008, 10:11 AM
My space sites for the Hold steady
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4690134

Singer sounds a tad like an early Bruce Springsteen

Billsthoughts
06/07/2008, 7:09 PM
Think the hold steady played with springsteen at some stage. (if the intro on phantom is correct)

Bought the fleet foxes. wouldnt say I was loving it but there are some positive signs alrite. More than a touch of Love, Crosby Stills and nash and the beach boys.

Billsthoughts
11/07/2008, 11:01 AM
Well given the fleet foxes album a good listen to this week. Honestly say its one of the best albums ive heard in years....Absolutely beautifull. Two thumbs up!:)

NeilMcD
14/07/2008, 3:39 PM
Saw the Hold Steady in the Temple Bar Music Centre there a while ago and I did not really like them. The music is good but the vocals are annoying in my view.