PDA

View Full Version : Fanning on Radio 1

Sniffer
02/07/2008, 5:18 PM
Anyone else hear Dave Fanning on Radio 1 this morning - didn't know he was a UCD fan?

John83
02/07/2008, 5:22 PM
Anyone else hear Dave Fanning on Radio 1 this morning - didn't know he was a UCD fan?
He used to be a regular at Belfield Park. I haven't seen much of him for a few years though.

pineapple stu
02/07/2008, 5:25 PM
He used to go to most games; I think he dropped in after doing 2TV on Sunday mornings; haven't seen him much since we changed to Fridays, whether through work commitments or drop-out reasons or what have you.

HarpoJoyce
02/07/2008, 5:28 PM
He used to bring some of his family aswell.

May I asked what was the context he was discussing UCD about?

Schumi
02/07/2008, 5:47 PM
He's live on the radio at 7pm on Fridays now so he probably can't make it to games.

SolitudeRed
02/07/2008, 7:42 PM
I definitely remember him saying he was a UCD fan when he was on 2fm he also mentioned something about when you won the cup in the early 80s.

HarpoJoyce
02/07/2008, 8:31 PM
I definitely remember him saying he was a UCD fan when he was on 2fm he also mentioned something about when you won the cup in the early 80s.

We're not going to use him on a voiceover or recorded commentary on any of our history. No matter how great or small our achievements, he'll speed through it in half the time.

Dodge
02/07/2008, 8:36 PM
I remember watching the old sunday tv show and he was interviewing westlife. With obvious disdain he was dfoing the fluff pieces when the subject of football came up. "So you're all big football fans" "Ah yeah Dave, HUGE fans"

"Who's playing in todays FAI Cup final?"

"Eh, eh, eh..."

Made me laugh out load. Was late nineties...

Sniffer
03/07/2008, 11:50 AM
He used to bring some of his family aswell.

May I asked what was the context he was discussing UCD about?

speaking to some Polish fella who presents some other programme on Radio1 and professes to hate football; so he was forced to attend the UCD v Cork City game. Ended up amongst the City fans and enjoyed the whole occasion.