PDA

View Full Version : Lavine

LTFC Fan
28/08/2003, 3:27 PM
" I thought Francis did well, its the other striker that bottled shots"- posted by xlex

wat game were you watching man eric was class.i dont caree wat any1 says.a good striker is not always about putting the ball in thre net every game.at least you can see eric is trying in every game to end his famine.its just a confidence thing.

Xlex
28/08/2003, 4:17 PM
mearly if someone was to be accused of 'bottling shots' than Lavine was closer to that then Francis. I thought Lavine had a good game too, and thus I presume I watch the same game as yourself.

De Town
28/08/2003, 5:15 PM
Eric is playing very well at the minute. Just the confidence is down when he gets in front of goal. Eric gets up and wins headers for Barrett to run onto against defenders that are a 1/2 foot taller than him. A lot of Barretts good form has been down to Eric.

LTFC Fan
28/08/2003, 9:08 PM
finally some1 has noticed wat eric has been doin.francis a good sub thats all im afraid.hes a good finisher but he needs the ball right to his foot in order to score

De Town
28/08/2003, 9:13 PM
Well a lot of people seem to judge strikers on the amount of goals they score.

Macy
29/08/2003, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by DE TOWN
Well a lot of people seem to judge strikers on the amount of goals they score.
Considering that's their main aim, not a bad measure....... Having said that if we didn't have such a light weight midfield then I wouldn't be averse to moving him back.... Unfortunately we have and that's not an option.....

Originally posted by LTFC Fan
francis a good sub thats all im afraid.hes a good finisher but he needs the ball right to his foot in order to score
That's always been obvious, from his time at Rovers (where he scored a lot of goals). They are different style of players, but IMO Barret is providing exactly the right kind of ball into the box for a player of Francis' style... Last season we weren't playing to his strength's, this season we are and he can't get a start.....

Have a look at the scoring charts, and tell me the best two front men aren't Francis and Barret.... Scoring Chart (http://www.flansiro.net/results.htm#score)

max power
29/08/2003, 9:17 AM
WELL SAID MACY

TheOne
29/08/2003, 11:21 AM
Lavine hasnt scored for 12 games and on Francis form at the moment he is entitled to at least a start to show what he can do over 90 minutes. No one can doubt Eric's workrate, but at the end of the day goals win football matches and Francis is scoring and Lavine is not.

Xlex
29/08/2003, 11:33 AM
Liam Kelly has joined the town on Loan for the rest of the season..

Macy
29/08/2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
Liam Kelly has joined the town on Loan for the rest of the season..
Hmmmmm

max power
29/08/2003, 12:17 PM
ant info or thoughts on the player ???

LTFC Fan
29/08/2003, 12:28 PM
just leave it as it is.lavine just needs a goal and you wont stop him.
on kellys signing do we really need another striker.a central midfielder please alan

Longfordian
29/08/2003, 12:33 PM
Kelly played in midfield for pats numerous times..could be a decent signing..

Macy
29/08/2003, 12:39 PM
just leave it as it is.lavine just needs a goal and you wont stop him.
How long do you suggest we wait? 4 more games? End of the Season?

Xlex
29/08/2003, 1:54 PM
Originally posted by The Longfordian
Kelly played in midfield for pats numerous times..could be a decent signing..

never thought of that... hope alan realises that, probably does...

Longfordian
29/08/2003, 6:12 PM
Give Alan a bit of credit Xlex..:) Id say he'll be played in an attacking Midfield role, could form a very useful partnership with Pip..

De Town
30/08/2003, 11:20 AM
Was he registered in time for the Derry match tomorrow?

Was just on the website and found out the answer. Avery John has been released by "mutual consent" and Kieran Foley has been loaned out. (Doesn't say who to)

Macy
01/09/2003, 2:47 PM
francis a good sub thats all im afraid
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy Sean Francis........ Now easily Town top scorer for the season so far....

Xlex
01/09/2003, 3:40 PM
he's our Fox in the box and his past suggests he has the quality, we just never played to his strengths before...

drummer boy
02/09/2003, 7:25 PM
I agree, hes good at making space for himself but he just dosnt do it enough in games