PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City 2 Galway Utd 0

Maynard
28/08/2003, 1:32 PM
Great to get another 3 points in the bag, espicially with a tough game next away to Finn Harps.
Couldn't make it to the game myself (match of my own to play) but by all accounts it was no more than they deserved.
Here's hoping the momentum can help us pick up at least a point on the 5th.

P.S Am newly coverted DC fan

Sheridan
28/08/2003, 3:17 PM
Welcome to the fold, Maynard!

We certainly deserved the win, but it was seriously scrappy in the first half, and I frankly couldn't see where the goal was going to come from until Forde spilled that cross to Collins. Second goal was a fantastic finish, we certainly have a great collection of strikers.

Incidentally, I had a nice chat with Ringo, the other occupant of this board, towards the end. :)

Very disappointing crowd last night (in terms of numbers, if not noise generated), I think everyone must have been watching ManEww. :(

Come along to the Athlone game on the 11th, and bring as many people as you can persuade, bribe or kidnap!

Just added my match report here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sherlough/

Ringo
28/08/2003, 5:58 PM
Welcome Maynard, great to see the numbers rising, should be great crowds in the Premier league, next year!:p :p

Maynard
30/08/2003, 8:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated.
I fully intend on being present at the Athlone game and should be able to make it to Bray (the land of the missus) for the following match as well.
Very much looking forward to the whole experience!

P.S Bought the tracksuit the other day after seeing it on a link from this site, so good call on that one! :)