PDA

View Full Version : Haka Valkeakoski - Finland

A face
01/07/2008, 11:23 PM
FC Haka Valkeakoski

www.fchaka.fi (http://www.fchaka.fi/) - Crest (http://www.weltfussball.de/bilder/wappen/mittel/861.gif)

Founded: 1932
Club Colours: White / Black / White
Stadium: Tehtaan kenttä
Seats: 3,542

Anyone got any info on this lot?

TheBoss
01/07/2008, 11:32 PM
Going through some dob's, the average age of the squad is about 24, quite young for a 20 man squad, just 3 players over 30 at 30, 32 and 38.

HarpoJoyce
01/07/2008, 11:48 PM
Valkeakoski, south of Tampere
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?TextLatitude=41.46346441984783&TextLongitude=21.07187512082392&TextAltitude=10&TextSelectedEntity=10026361&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=Medium&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=valkeakoski&MapStylesList=Comprehensive&ZoomOnMapClickCheck=on

Have a proud record in Europe (72 matches)...
http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/club=52802/competition=14/index.html
...but not as much as APOEL (the Cypriot one) or Kobenhavn (the Danish one)

They played Sligo Rovers in the Cup-Winners-Cup in 1983.

Stuff to ignore this trip
"AS HJK of Helsinki qualified for the Champion's League groups, the LoI should be copying the Finnish model...."

A face
01/07/2008, 11:55 PM
Going through some dob's, the average age of the squad is about 24, quite young for a 20 man squad, just 3 players over 30 at 30, 32 and 38.

38? Keeper?

They got spanked by Liverpool 0:5 and 4:1 few years ago, nothing else really shines out, they had to send someone to fill the slot and they qualified for the slots by winning cup/league positions.

Its a good draw for us, just hope we can do the business now. First round is a must, no other way to look at it.

TheBoss
02/07/2008, 1:46 PM
He is a Russia striker.

micls
02/07/2008, 2:06 PM
Lets all do the European Dance.....:D

A face
02/07/2008, 9:19 PM
Suomi-Irlanti Seuran - Finnish-Irish Society

www.finnish-irish.fi (http://www.finnish-irish.fi/)

BobtheDrog
05/07/2008, 6:09 PM
Drogs players Sami Ristila and Miko Vilmunen are both ex Haka

A face
17/07/2008, 11:37 AM
Best of luck to the lads tonight, a clean sheet is a must i think if we want to go through.

TheBoss
17/07/2008, 1:35 PM
From my analysis of both teams, I can see Cork winning 1-0 here.

A face
17/07/2008, 11:01 PM
Shocking stuff, if you cant be bothered to turn up for a European game then you shouldn't really be at the club. Brutal first half and Danny Murphys generosity knows no bounds gifting them with two goals [he did redeem himself to a certain degree in the second, man of the match is pushing the boat out a bit though].

City dont deserve to go through no matter what happens, i dont know is it lack of respect of the competition or what but how in gods name can you have players that have only played MSL games on the bench and not have Billy Woods there with about 20 European games under his belt :eek: How can you explain that one.

Darren Murphy or Danny Murphy should have been replaced by Darragh Ryan in the first. 15 mins into the game Matthews should have known what Haka were about and destroyed them, not good enough.

Do City have to go two nil down all the time to ever get going? Shouldn't ambition and desire not want the players to be going two nil up and then turn it on? Is that the motivation that they need. Its admirable to go two down at claw back a draw or a win, very romantic Roy of the Rovers type stuff ..... but it doesn't make it anywhere near acceptable. Going two nil down to that team tonight is inept and no excuse can cover the fact they all collectively ****ed up and they should all go home and think about what they have done. And shame isn't something they should be afforded either. Deal with it and turn this around.

Things might not be ideal for some players for what ever reason [some of them might need a bit of drama to actually give a ****], but they should have enough guts and belief to drive on and turn things around before they really have to. I don't care what you say, going two nil down is never the best approach.

Pathetic, the next leg ... three nil to us and i'll consider tonight a bad day at the office, anything less and its problems for City [Matthews, the players, the club not demanding more, the fans not having the sense to demand more, whatever] and they need to be sorted.

Someone needs to start kicking people up the arse or a couple of pucks to the head to get people to wake up here, if they dont then they are at fault. Some people are well past the mothering and holding their hands stage. Suck it up, grow a pair and get the job done, end of.

sullanefc
18/07/2008, 9:20 AM
Shocking stuff, if you cant be bothered to turn up for a European game then you shouldn't really be at the club. Brutal first half and Danny Murphys generosity knows no bounds gifting them with two goals [he did redeem himself to a certain degree in the second, man of the match is pushing the boat out a bit though].

City dont deserve to go through no matter what happens, i dont know is it lack of respect of the competition or what but how in gods name can you have players that have only played MSL games on the bench and not have Billy Woods there with about 20 European games under his belt :eek: How can you explain that one.

Darren Murphy or Danny Murphy should have been replaced by Darragh Ryan in the first. 15 mins into the game Matthews should have known what Haka were about and destroyed them, not good enough.

Do City have to go two nil down all the time to ever get going? Shouldn't ambition and desire not want the players to be going two nil up and then turn it on? Is that the motivation that they need. Its admirable to go two down at claw back a draw or a win, very romantic Roy of the Rovers type stuff ..... but it doesn't make it anywhere near acceptable. Going two nil down to that team tonight is inept and no excuse can cover the fact they all collectively ****ed up and they should all go home and think about what they have done. And shame isn't something they should be afforded either. Deal with it and turn this around.

Things might not be ideal for some players for what ever reason [some of them might need a bit of drama to actually give a ****], but they should have enough guts and belief to drive on and turn things around before they really have to. I don't care what you say, going two nil down is never the best approach.

Pathetic, the next leg ... three nil to us and i'll consider tonight a bad day at the office, anything less and its problems for City [Matthews, the players, the club not demanding more, the fans not having the sense to demand more, whatever] and they need to be sorted.

Someone needs to start kicking people up the arse or a couple of pucks to the head to get people to wake up here, if they dont then they are at fault. Some people are well past the mothering and holding their hands stage. Suck it up, grow a pair and get the job done, end of.

We battered Haka in that game. They were very dangerous on the break and we got caught twice. But that second half performance was one of the best I've seen from a City side. A non-eL-fan friend of mine was VERY impressed with City. Says it's the best he has seen them play ever.

Football is a sport, the unexpected happens every now and again. We were the better team but got caught by a team that looked very dangerous going forward.

To say we were a disgrace is rubbish. Biggest load of hysterical crap I have read.

razor
18/07/2008, 10:32 AM
We were sucker punched twice but they had a few other chances too.
Sullivan has been exposed against half decent opposition, doesn't bode well for Drogs & Pats.

Once we scored they capitulated, we could and probably should have scored at least 4 and while their keeper couldn't take a kick out to save his life, he made some vital saves.

Behan, this joke isn't funny anymore.

Do you think that linesman on the Donie Forde side realised how bad he was and decided to vacate the pitch first before the players at the end of both halves?

pete
18/07/2008, 12:20 PM
Individual mistakes cost us badly. Never seen us have so many chances to score in a European game with what looked like clear penalty & header pused onto the bar & two shots off the post with keeper stranded.

I thought Danny Murphy was at fault for the first goal but was told afterwards it was Sullivan...

Sending Colin O'Brien out on loan, not selected Billy Woods & putting kids on the bench who will never play is strange.

No 9 for Haka was quality though.

They could not live with the high tempo of the second half although Haka did not panic either.

TheBoss
18/07/2008, 1:42 PM
As I said in another thread, The Mindset of Haka might aid you, do they sit on the away goals win or do they go for the win, I think Cork are in a good position, I would think that the Haka players will be thinking of 1 of the 2 options and that can cause lack of concentration in their team and hopefully, Cork can take advantage and I believe they will.

Pablo Escobar
18/07/2008, 5:47 PM
As I said in another thread, The Mindset of Haka might aid you, do they sit on the away goals win or do they go for the win, I think Cork are in a good position, I would think that the Haka players will be thinking of 1 of the 2 options and that can cause lack of concentration in their team and hopefully, Cork can take advantage and I believe they will.

They sit and break. We're actually in a good position, but if we score TOO early, I fear for us!

TheBoss
18/07/2008, 11:16 PM
Yes, Exactly, 0-0 or 1-1 at Half time would be perfect, providing the 2nd Half can be used to win it.