PDA

View Full Version : Treasurer Resigns

6yardpunisha
01/07/2008, 3:57 PM
Looks like its all happening again, it has been confirmed that the Treasurer resigned last night.Does this mean we might have a reapperance of Rams07 on foot.ie again

rambler14
01/07/2008, 4:20 PM
I never thought of it that way.

Excitement builds for Rams07's return....................sport is next:D:D

rambler14
01/07/2008, 4:20 PM
Fair play to him. I personally thought he was doing a good job and he did the smart thing by not having to answer to those idiots who would twist every word he would have said at the EGM................if only the rest would follow we would get away with just the one EGM.

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 5:37 PM
sound man , pity he didnt stay with it but position was difficult in fairness for a voluntary person, it was like being the only man with a bucket on the titanic when it hit the iceberg:ball:

offside rule
01/07/2008, 6:00 PM
sound man , pity he didnt stay with it but position was difficult in fairness for a voluntary person, it was like being the only man with a bucket on the titanic when it hit the iceberg:ball:

:DExcellent summarisation :D

Redshanks
01/07/2008, 6:05 PM
I guess that means his remaining three amigos are left holding spoons.

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 7:30 PM
there is more than three holding spoons there,there is a whole elected tribe who couldnt catch a fart with a bucket. at least treasurer had bravery to resign, if only they all were like that we could move on have a reelection and end it once and for all:mad:

The Rebel Ram
01/07/2008, 7:37 PM
I wonder willthey do the honourable thing too and save us all from a second afternoon of waffle. If they resign before Sunday then hopefully everything can be sorted next Sunday.
Finally get on with supporting the team and taking about matches!

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 7:48 PM
I wonder willthey do the honourable thing too and save us all from a second afternoon of waffle. If they resign before Sunday then hopefully everything can be sorted next Sunday.
Finally get on with supporting the team and taking about matches!

(imaginary hand shake)a post of total sense , last line iis what we are and should be

thegafferman
02/07/2008, 3:26 AM

he was the iceberg ...dame edna

drinkfeckarse
02/07/2008, 8:33 AM
I've a lot of time for the ex Treasurer, I bet he's glad he's out of this mess.

Redshanks
02/07/2008, 9:33 AM
Was he the one seen heading off in a life-boat on his own?

don ramo
02/07/2008, 9:47 AM
one down 3 to go, so whos next

don ramo
02/07/2008, 9:48 AM

:D:D:DPOTY

6yardpunisha
02/07/2008, 10:10 AM
Lads,
Lets call a spade a spade, the treasurers job is a difficult one but remember that there is also an administrator at the club, there is a bookeeper contracted to the club and finally there is an auditor, all of these are support mechanisms to the treasurer.
IMO if all these were utilised correctly then the pressure that people are discussing about should have been a lot less on him.

Anyone going into a position like treasurer of a LOI club should be well aware of what it entails and by quitting at the first sign of pressure i.e. vote of no confidence is unacceptable.

Being a nice guy is irrelevant in this discussion, im quite sure he is a decent enough guy but dont they say nice guys finish last.

Mr A
02/07/2008, 10:13 AM
Is it just a co-incidence that your treasurer steps down on the day that you bring several new players into the club? Perhaps he feels the club can't afford these players?

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 12:36 PM
never:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 12:40 PM
Was he the one seen heading off in a life-boat on his own?

if he was at least he was realising the trouble that was ahead, the rest of the folls just stood at the bar pretending all was ok:)

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 12:43 PM

maybe but if he was the iceberg then who was the watch man who was supoosed to be steering the boat but was turning a blind eye to what was around him:)

bellavistaman
02/07/2008, 1:06 PM
if he was at least he was realising the trouble that was ahead, the rest of the folls just stood at the bar pretending all was ok:)

your supposed to be on no-side ramsfan:D

I was standing at the bar am i foll??:D

And everything is ****in great

luka
02/07/2008, 1:31 PM
Jasus there's great days to come eh Bella!!

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 1:37 PM
sorry fool not foll;)

my vote is open for persuasion, but how can we go from situation where trustees say things are so bad to goin out and splashing cash on players like ones we have signed, on a football side i am delighted by signings whereas on a financial side i am worried

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 1:38 PM
your supposed to be on no-side ramsfan:D

I was standing at the bar am i foll??:D

And everything is ****in great

i never said you were a foll but if you want to class yourself that then thats your business:D

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 1:39 PM
Jasus there's great days to come eh Bella!!

maybe there is we live in hope;)

Redshanks
03/07/2008, 7:23 AM
Trustees -atleast one of (who since resigned but still hangs around) was on election mode and canvassing on the night of information meeting -for the upcoming local elections. He would and did say whatever people wanted to hear!

ramsfan
03/07/2008, 6:25 PM
i thought he told the truth

6yardpunisha
03/07/2008, 6:29 PM
i thought he told the truth

thought made of fool of you, never trust a politician

ramsfan
03/07/2008, 6:39 PM
thought made of fool of you, never trust a politician

oh i know to never trust politicians look at irish steel situation just to prove that, but what he said about financial situation was spot on in fairness