PDA

View Full Version : Some help please?

CraftyToePoke
01/07/2008, 2:31 PM
hello all

any hints, tips, clues or advice on transferring money from Ireland to the U.K. ?

bank transfers preferably

appreciated.

John83
01/07/2008, 2:33 PM
You'll need the IBAN number of the bank you're transferring money to. Just ask the customer service desk, and they'll sort you out pretty handy.

dahamsta
01/07/2008, 3:02 PM
Has Mbeki Swabana offered you the sum of THREE MILLION DOLLARS? :)

osarusan
01/07/2008, 3:14 PM
Poor Mbeki.........terrible to hear what happened to his uncle the president.....

thischarmingman
02/07/2008, 10:55 AM
"...that money was just resting in my account..."

tetsujin1979
02/07/2008, 11:03 AM
Poor Mbeki.........terrible to hear what happened to his uncle the president.....
Yes, but as soon as he is restored to the throne, I'll be appointed to his court, along with the sum of one million euro!

dublinred
02/07/2008, 11:13 AM
An Iban transfer costs about 50cents to send but you get the UK banks exchange rate which can be poor , you can fix the rate with the irish bank for about e35 and tend to get a better fx rate, depends how much you are transferring.

KevB76
02/07/2008, 1:07 PM
hello all

any hints, tips, clues or advice on transferring money from Ireland to the U.K. ?

bank transfers preferably

appreciated.

With the swift code and Iban you can transfer money to UK for free with AIB (I assume you need to have an AIB account), it takes about 5 days.
It can be done quicker if you pay for it, dont know the rate.
This can be done anytime using internet banking.

With Ulster Bank, you have to actually call in to a branch and fill out a form, it cost €12 or €17 or something like that, dont know how long it takes.

CraftyToePoke
02/07/2008, 8:43 PM

despite having heard from said individual, this matter is not related to his present plight, thankfully. and although I wish him nothing but happiness, I am on this occasion not in a position to help, regretably.

to everyone else who replied to my question, thanks for taking the time guys.

paul_oshea
03/07/2008, 4:37 PM
With the swift code and Iban you can transfer money to UK for free with AIB (I assume you need to have an AIB account), it takes about 5 days.
It can be done quicker if you pay for it, dont know the rate.
This can be done anytime using internet banking.

With Ulster Bank, you have to actually call in to a branch and fill out a form, it cost €12 or €17 or something like that, dont know how long it takes.

I'm pretty sure that can't be done for free, and its even more difficult to get an AIB account in the UK if you are not a business customer with over 50k coming into the account a year.....

KevB76
03/07/2008, 6:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that can't be done for free.

Trust me Paul, it is exactly as I said (I use this facility regularly).

CTP asked about transferring from here to UK, so you dont need an AIB account in the UK.

:)

pineapple stu
03/07/2008, 7:08 PM
I was offered the job of Mali national team manager for the upcoming African Nations' Cup a few years back. I have no idea how I was supposed to get scammed there!