PDA

View Full Version : New Signings

rambler14
30/06/2008, 6:45 PM
If any of ye were reading today’s Evening Echo ye’d have seen that Colin O’Brien is signing on loan and that Greg O’Halloran and Daryl Kavanagh have signed contracts till November.
Also we signed a striker called Ross Gaynor on loan from Millwall, hopefully he could be another Warren Patmore minus the lifestyle he lived when he was playing for us:D

Also Hendo said that there could be up to 5 players signing!:eek:.........new keeper apparently being the 5th, if what Hendo said at the fans meeting is true!

6yardpunisha
30/06/2008, 6:51 PM
If any of ye were reading today’s Evening Echo ye’d have seen that Colin O’Brien is signing on loan and that Greg O’Halloran and Daryl Kavanagh have signed contracts till November.
Also we signed a striker called Ryan Gaynor on loan from Millwall, hopefully he could be another Warren Patmore minus the lifestyle he lived when he was playing for us:D

Also Hendo said that there could be up to 5 players signing!:eek:.........new keeper apparently being the 5th, if what Hendo said at the fans meeting is true!

great to see a bit of positive news around the club at last

rambler14
30/06/2008, 6:59 PM
Ross Gaynor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Gaynor)

I heard it was a loan deal but according to wikipedia Milwall released him so he must have signed a contract with Ramblers till November like Kavanagh and O'Halloran.
Here's hoping he's the answer to all our prayers.

don ramo
30/06/2008, 7:12 PM
if he has a wiki page thatll make it easier for you to stalk him, welcome ross:D:cool:

chimpster
30/06/2008, 8:02 PM
Great news, some fresh blood should do wonders for us.

This kid Gaynor looks handy enough, he got a few games for the Millwall first team back in January and has been scoring for fun in the Reserves. And I think he can take pens too! :eek:

Possible line up, looks much stronger!

J.McCarthy / AN Other;
Carey, Murray, Gutsie, J.Meade;
Mulconry, O'Halloran, O'Brien, O'Neill;
O'Reilly, Gaynor.
Subs: Coleman, A.Kearney, Barrett, Kavanagh, Cummins.

It will be interesting to see who leaves. Not wanting to put a downer on anyone, but I'd say it could be bye-bye to John Kearney, Ray Lally and Conor Meade, plus one or two others (Shane? Mikey?).

ramsfan
30/06/2008, 8:11 PM
good news at last yippee:D:D:D

rambler14
30/06/2008, 8:42 PM
Great news, some fresh blood should do wonders for us.

This kid Gaynor looks handy enough, he got a few games for the Millwall first team back in January and has been scoring for fun in the Reserves. And I think he can take pens too! :eek:

Possible line up, looks much stronger!

J.McCarthy / AN Other;
Carey, Murray, Gutsie, J.Meade;
Mulconry, O'Halloran, O'Brien, O'Neill;
O'Reilly, Gaynor.
Subs: Coleman, A.Kearney, Barrett, Kavanagh, Cummins.

If it's any line up upfront then it will be Gaynor and Cummins. Graham has done nothing wrong this season.
But certainly it looks a much stronger Premiership line-up.

It will be interesting to see who leaves. Not wanting to put a downer on anyone, but I'd say it could be bye-bye to John Kearney, Ray Lally and Conor Meade, plus one or two others (Shane? Mikey?).

I think your spot on there Chimpster. I never thought i'd say this but i'm dissappointed that Lally didn't get a fair chance. In the games he's played he's been great. I wouldn't be suprised to see 2 more follow Brian Mc and Gareth out the door.

marty
30/06/2008, 8:48 PM
With the two new central midfielders that now makes 6 centre mids so someone will have to go although Greg will provide cover at the back,there is no doubt that we have the strongest squad we have had in years and theres no reason we cant push for a result at Rovers next week,this is a very strong statement from the chairman of how much he values Hendo and it also proves nobody at the club is rolling over and accepting relegation,i know with Murray back we should be o.k in defence but I for one am starved of goals and only hope Dav and the new signings start realising its not over yet and start to enjoy what most of us would give an arm and a leg for....PLAYIN FOR RAMS

drinkfeckarse
01/07/2008, 10:22 AM
O'Halloran and O'Brien in the middle of the park would be great for us. Exactly what we're crying out for IMO.

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 12:57 PM
totally agree

4th-div-are-we
02/07/2008, 9:49 AM
My team for the rest of the season would be.

.............bilko/any new keeper we pick up
carey............... murray........... gutsie ............meade

............................o halloran ............................
davin...................... o brien ..............................lally
...................cummins......... gaynor........................

Black and White
02/07/2008, 11:15 AM
Gaynors from dundalk...he played for a junior team just outside dundalk called bellurgan before his "big" move...hasnt really got a look in anywere in england..loaned out alot over past 2 years but mainly warmed the bench for those teams!!not exactly that great or potent so lads...ye are welcome to him!!!:D

chimpster
02/07/2008, 12:34 PM
I think you're being a bit harsh on the lad.

After graduating from the youths, he was loaned out to a couple of non-league teams (Sutton United and Fisher Athletic) in the 06/07 season to give him some first-team experience. Had a very successful season in the reserves last year, resulting in a call-up and six first-team appearances in League One and the FA Cup. Picked up an injury and lost his place but was still banging them in for the reserves up to the end of the season.

Millwall are ambitious and have obviously decided that he's unlikely to become a regular for them this coming season, so have relased him in favour of some younger up-and-coming players. Rather than knocking around at League Two or Conference level, Ross decided to give the EL a go and has had the common sense to join a decent club. :D

Ross is only 21 and is coming from a background of full-time training, high fintess levels and high quality coaching. He may need some time to adjust to EL football but I've no doubt he's more than capable of banging in the goals for us.

Am I R14 in disguise or what?! :p

rambler14
02/07/2008, 12:40 PM
Am I R14 in disguise or what?! :p

I've given up on the stalking game, surely ye've noticed!.......I havn't mentioned Mucky for weeks.:D

It's all about the money now, people have forgotten it's about the people!!!:D

ramsfan
02/07/2008, 1:45 PM
lads quick question
is the young guy bruton, cant remember first name, is he signed to rams, is he with A team, good prospect by all accounts should maybe get run with a team

rambler14
02/07/2008, 2:11 PM
lads quick question
is the young guy bruton, cant remember first name, is he signed to rams, is he with A team, good prospect by all accounts should maybe get run with a team

Stephen's with the A-Team this year.

chimpster
02/07/2008, 3:38 PM
I've given up on the stalking game, surely ye've noticed!.......I havn't mentioned Mucky for weeks.:D

I was wondering why he didn't have an armed guard goin round with him anymore...

Rambler20
02/07/2008, 8:12 PM
lads quick question
is the young guy bruton, cant remember first name, is he signed to rams, is he with A team, good prospect by all accounts should maybe get run with a team Good player ,good player for the future if he dosnt go to england

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 4:56 PM
Also we signed a striker called Ross Gaynor on loan from Millwall, hopefully he could be another Warren Patmore minus the lifestyle he lived when he was playing for us:D

tonights echo says we havent signed greg or gaynor yet

chimpster
04/07/2008, 9:07 PM
Thanks RF, ye've answered my query on the thread for tonight's game. Perhaps Hendo is weighing up Greg's attitude, he does have a bit of a history after all. If Gaynor is any way sharp, I hope he gets signed up, we desperately need some firepower and the extra competition up front should at least make sure O'Reilly and Cummins are awake.

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 9:10 PM
prob just akes a little bit of time to sort out paperwork, maybe hendo still has to decide who to bump before makin additions?

chimpster
04/07/2008, 9:19 PM
Great to see a full strength back four again.

I'd say Kearney and Lally were in tonight to prove themselves, playing for their futures at the club. It'll be interesting to hear how they got on. I'd be amazed if Hendo doesn't release at least 2 or 3 this week.

Hendo may have to wait for Sunday's fallout before signing Greg, Kavanagh and Gaynor. Good time to keep spending sensible, methinks.

ramsfan
04/07/2008, 9:31 PM
probably:rolleyes:

MDL Man
09/07/2008, 9:46 PM
Gaynors from dundalk...he played for a junior team just outside dundalk called bellurgan before his "big" move...hasnt really got a look in anywere in england..loaned out alot over past 2 years but mainly warmed the bench for those teams!!not exactly that great or potent so lads...ye are welcome to him!!!:D
Don't know where you're getting your info from but Ross Gaynor never played for Bellurgan. He played underage for Ardee Celtic until he was 15 then moved to Belvedere for a year and then on to Millwall. Millwall released him this summer so it isn't a loan signing.

ramsfan
09/07/2008, 10:20 PM
judge him on games and goals not on rumour :ball: