PDA

View Full Version : "Our Previous Manager"

wws
27/08/2003, 10:16 AM
I thought it was a great touch by Eamo on Monday night during the presentation of the league cup to pay tribute to our previous manager Brian Kerr and the great work he did to make this club what it is.

As he said himself, hopefully he can continue in the style and tradition that Kerr himself established - a manegerial style based on honest hard graft and a keen eye for discovering players on a shoestring budget and turning them into proper League of Ireland stars

well done Eamo, after only 25 games and 1 trophy and the most goals scored by anyone in this country you're already well on your way to following in the footsteps of the great man!

well done.

James
27/08/2003, 10:46 AM
Eoin who???
:confused:

Xlex
27/08/2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by James
Eoin who???
:confused:

pathetic...!! :rolleyes:

wws
27/08/2003, 11:53 AM
to make a name for yourself you can only win the competitions you're in, we've won the first one and have as good a chance as anyone in the other two

the lads done well, no question about that and the cork fans are eating their words already

25 games in and a trophy in the bag

not bad goin for a transition season and a manager you lot claimed was a "nobody" :D

Gary
27/08/2003, 12:27 PM
Whats his name again? your manager? Cant say ive heard of him/her ever.

Dodge
27/08/2003, 12:34 PM
Typical Cork ignorance.

Don't know anything about football outside of Cork (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=6309) :D :D

WeAreRovers
27/08/2003, 1:10 PM
WWS, you're some ****stirrer! I raise my jackeen hat to you. :)

On the Dolan thing, I have to say I was impressed by the sense of togetherness that Pats team, management and fans showed on Friday in Dalymount. Something that Dolan nearly destroyed.

Having said that, you're "singing" support is still pathetic. :p

KOH

Dodge
27/08/2003, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
On the Dolan thing, I have to say I was impressed by the sense of togetherness that Pats team, management and fans showed on Friday in Dalymount. Something that Dolan nearly destroyed.
Finally - ni néart.....

Without going over the whole ****ing thing again, nobody but Pats fans knows how bad last year felt for loads of reason, and nobody knows how good this year feels. We've got our club back on tracks, we've nobody making stupid statements that make us enemies around the country (except maybe me and wws) and as a club we're flying. The team's not there yet but the feel good factor is HUGE around the club at the moment

Having said that, you're "singing" support is still pathetic. :p
We're saving ourselves to outsing the 15,000 Cork fans this weekend

James
27/08/2003, 1:48 PM
*yawn*
same old Shed End Invisibles

Dodge
27/08/2003, 1:53 PM
*yawn*
:rolleyes:

WeAreRovers
27/08/2003, 2:05 PM
*yawn*

I was referring to Pats fans singing at an away game. At least they go to away games. You lot don't travel and the handful that do sit their petrified at the "intimidating" singing of the home fans. So give it a rest.

KOH

wws
27/08/2003, 2:21 PM
i wasnt stirring
collins did pay tribute to kerr
and started with the words "I'd like to pay tribute to our previous manager..."

just seemed rather pointed thats all

if i reported the rest of what he said the cork users would be calling for my blood!

*btw the league cup is the lesser of all the cups but it was important this season to us for all sorts of reasons and in fairness to Longford and they're fans they made it an actual occassion worthy of the name by turning up in full force

James
27/08/2003, 2:23 PM
actually no i'd be interested in the rest or what you can remember of Erik' speech? he's seems like a zany sort of chap ;)

Dodge
27/08/2003, 2:33 PM
He talked about how he had dreamt we'd win the cup by Longford missing a penalty in injury time and then said all Cork fans are idiots

wws
27/08/2003, 2:37 PM
now thats what i call shít stirrin!

tiktok
27/08/2003, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by wws
....pay tribute to our previous manager Brian Kerr and the great work he did to make this club what it is...

:D fair play Eamo, everyone should be reminded constantly where Kerr came from, to show that you don't have to cross the pond to be a success in football terms.

and you're right that you're having a good season, a trophy won and still in contention for two more. we think we're having a good season too, we're second in the table in what is our transition season. sounds like everyone is happy ;) :D

At least they go to away games. You lot don't travel

i swore to myself i would never get involved in a 'our flags/crowds are bigger than your's' saddo debate, but seriously, when Pat's play 'away' to rovers, they do it on their home ground, you might expect a few more 'away' fans than you'd get travelling up from Cork. use your head WAR :D

WeAreRovers
27/08/2003, 5:46 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
i swore to myself i would never get involved in a 'our flags/crowds are bigger than your's' saddo debate, but seriously, when Pat's play 'away' to rovers, they do it on their home ground, you might expect a few more 'away' fans than you'd get travelling up from Cork. use your head WAR :D

Eh, I was talking about Pats away at Dalymount (which it clearly says in my post) Although in fairness I was just looking for a rise out of any Cork fans who happened to take the bait. Much obliged tiktok.

You went for it while totally misconstruing the point. Typical Corkie. This Micheal Martin gob****e is another typical Corkie - ****ing up big time while being quietly shafted by a much cleverer Dub. Same old story. :)

KOH

tiktok
27/08/2003, 9:54 PM
Eh, I was talking about Pats away at Dalymount

there were too many smiley's on my post to indicate you succeeded in winding me up;) :D
but i take your point, Dalymount is very far away from inchicore, how did they bring more fans there than cork would have. :rolleyes: Did i misconstrue your point this time :D :D

Colm
27/08/2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Whats his name again? your manager?

I heard somewhere that the Pats manager's name is Eugene McCormack but I was talking to a fella today and he told me it's Enda McGill. I don't think anybody knows for sure.

Macy
28/08/2003, 7:50 AM
Originally posted by Colm
I heard somewhere that the Pats manager's name is Eugene McCormack but I was talking to a fella today and he told me it's Enda McGill. I don't think anybody knows for sure.
LOL You corkies are so funny with your brilliant sense of humour....

James
28/08/2003, 8:01 AM
so its not Eric Crowley, cause thats what i heard !!!:confused:

Éanna
28/08/2003, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by wws
just seemed rather pointed thats all

it was rather pointed. and I'm fed up of snide comments from that silly little man. Look- Pats fans are happy and their team is doing well, City fans are happy and their team is doing well. So why the need for this incessant niggling. I know nothing about E.C., and I couldn't give a flying **** about him. It just seems that he has a chip on his shoulder that he has to have a pop at city instead of concentrating on his own job. ENOUGH :rolleyes:

Colm
28/08/2003, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by Macy
LOL You corkies are so funny with your brilliant sense of humour....

Macy, I admire the way you try so hard to be a jackeen but could you please stop sticking your nose into City's affairs.

James
28/08/2003, 6:22 PM
ease off there a tad colm
this is a public forum.. and its the pats section of a public forum
macy's perfectly entitled just as you are to post here or anywhere else

jeeze some of ye cork heads get wound up way too easily

Gary
28/08/2003, 7:33 PM
ease off there a tad colm
this is a public forum.. and its the pats section of a public forum
macy's perfectly entitled just as you are to post here or anywhere else

Shouldnt that ye's James???? :)

Jebus H, the irony of that statement is delicious.

But i spose as you're not from Cork........................................

:rolleyes: :D :D ;)

Colm
28/08/2003, 7:58 PM

What's with the ye???
Oh yeah, I forgot about all that bowing before a certain person stuff!;) :D :D

ian
29/08/2003, 7:03 AM
Dodge I hope you are looking forward, to the game "tonight" and by the way the ground can only hold 10,000. Best of luck for the rest of the season. But this season is just the honeymoon period for your manager and our's. So we will leave it like that and we will see were the both of us finish up at the end of the season.

You must rember that your manager and our manager, took over from another manager so the both had to bring in "players" or bring players up from the ranks. They are doing good for there clubs since they came in to each squad.:D :D :D

patsh
30/08/2003, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by wws
i wasnt stirring
collins did pay tribute to kerr
and started with the words "I'd like to pay tribute to our previous manager..."

It doesn't really matter whether you are stirring or not wws, but Collins just continues to show himself to be a petty little man. Ye may not see it, but this kind of sh*te is pathetic. If he hates Dolan, or anybody else for that matter, thats his perogative, but the continuous snide digs at Dolan show him to be a small little man who just cannot rise above it. Dolan is well gone now, Collins has the running of the side, he's won a competition but he just cannot get rid of the chip.
It's fine to pay tribute to Kerr, but there is a dig there and he cannot hide it. If ye like the man so much, have a small word in his ear to let it go. It will actually do himself the most good.

Dodge
01/09/2003, 8:03 AM
Originally posted by patsh
It doesn't really matter whether you are stirring or not wws, but Collins just continues to show himself to be a petty little man. Ye may not see it, but this kind of sh*te is pathetic. If he hates Dolan, or anybody else for that matter, thats his perogative, but the continuous snide digs at Dolan show him to be a small little man who just cannot rise above it. Dolan is well gone now, Collins has the running of the side, he's won a competition but he just cannot get rid of the chip.
It's fine to pay tribute to Kerr, but there is a dig there and he cannot hide it. If ye like the man so much, have a small word in his ear to let it go. It will actually do himself the most good.
I said it on another thread. He praised Kerr because he was at the game, that is all. he wouldn't have praised him if he wasn't there. WWS was stirring when he mentioned it, but of course you had to reply

A face
01/09/2003, 9:09 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
He talked about how he had dreamt we'd win the cup by Longford missing a penalty in injury time and then said all Cork fans are idiots

Cork fans eeh ...... Not the only offical to step out of line at Pats, can you recall last Friday, an offical clambering over a number of seats onto the pitch and continue to make a hand gesture towards the shed.

All over shone by Dolan and the team thanking the fans for support at the other end.

City as far as i know are leaving it go, it being the bigger thing to do. But the fact remains .... can the Pats offical conduct themselves properly in public ??

Well ..... can they ??!!?

Dodge
01/09/2003, 9:33 AM
Would you get a grip? Do you actually believe he said that. Christ I thought it was obvious that was a joke(?) about my previous comments here.

I really, really worry about the state of the country after reading posts like that last one...

A face
01/09/2003, 9:37 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
I really, really worry about the state of the country after reading posts like that last one...

The state of the country ..... Thats a bit dramatic there fella dont ya think, watching on or two episodes of West Side Story me thinks. You wanna keep that in chekc there lad.

Makes light of the hand gesture anyhoo !! :D

Macy
01/09/2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Colm
Macy, I admire the way you try so hard to be a jackeen but could you please stop sticking your nose into City's affairs.
FFS, Can't even take a compliment...

Very easy to stick your nose in when you use the "Latest" option and see sh!te messages posted...

patsh
01/09/2003, 7:54 PM
Originally posted by A face
The state of the country ..... Thats a bit dramatic there fella dont ya think, watching on or two episodes of West Side Story me thinks. You wanna keep that in chekc there lad.
You have to make allowances, A face.
Mr. Dodge inhabits a world of his own, where he believes his inane drivel to be some sort of original,sensible, logical prose.
He even changes his signature to award himself some sort of petty validation by another poster when he lives up to the first paragraph of it.
Self-delusion at it's saddest.....:rolleyes:

Dodge
02/09/2003, 8:20 AM
Originally posted by patsh
You have to make allowances, A face.
Mr. Dodge inhabits a world of his own, where he believes his inane drivel to be some sort of original,sensible, logical prose.
He even changes his signature to award himself some sort of petty validation by another poster when he lives up to the first paragraph of it.
Self-delusion at it's saddest.....:rolleyes:
:SIGH:

Look he believed something so completely over the top it could never be true. That shows he's gullible... Gullible people tend to vote for whatever tabloid newspaper they read or who ever canvasses most... That leads to muppets being elected... (Be quiet Conor:) )

IN THIS CASE he has shown himself to be a fool...

And the signature is a **** take... get over it.