PDA

View Full Version : O'Grady out for 12 weeks

Ruairi
27/08/2003, 7:15 AM
Apparantly O'Grady will be out for about 12 weeks. Just as well greg's back eh?

NorthoftheLee
27/08/2003, 8:01 AM
is that definite Ruairi ....i heard 4-6 weeks once the doctors looked at it......big blow......I think he was just starting to find a bit of form....solid back up for greg abd colin in the middle...

12 weeks is basically the rest of the season.....big blow.....

niamh
27/08/2003, 9:22 AM
Didn't hear anything about that. Wat happened?
He spends so long out injured and just when he starts getting his form back...unlucky or what?

joe
27/08/2003, 9:27 AM
Hefell awkwardly in training on sunday, but didn't think it was any worse than a sprain. x-ray revealed he cracked a bone in his foot (same as some english fella did recently ;)) and is in a cast for 4 weeks. if it's healed when he comes out of it then probably be another 3 weeks before he's back in action properly

pete
27/08/2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by joe
...x-ray revealed he cracked a bone in his foot (same as some english fella did recently ;))

I think the matchday magazine has a duty to find out what bone that was so we can all add to our knowledge of the anatomy of feet again.

;)

4-6 weeks wouldn't be too bad but rest of the season would be a big blow as we really need to improve the quality off the bench - too many times this season Dolan has had no option on the bench.

tiktok
27/08/2003, 4:47 PM
it's a shame for him.
a couple of goals recently looked to be improving his confidence, and even though he was third choice for the centre spot, it does leave us without cover. (although with Derek back i suppose Bennett could be considered).
let's hope he has a speedy recovery and is back sooner rather than later.

The Donie Forde
28/08/2003, 9:25 AM
Originally posted by pete
I think the matchday magazine has a duty to find out what bone that was so we can all add to our knowledge of the anatomy of feet again.

;)

You're on the ball, pete: Brian L has just instructed Joe to do med in UCC so we'll have more authoritative cover on these points for our readers...

:D ;)

Donie

Éanna
28/08/2003, 5:50 PM
shame. grady was really geting back to form.

pete
28/08/2003, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Brian L has just instructed Joe to do med in UCC so we'll have more authoritative cover on these points for our readers...

I hope thats not false advertising now.

niamh
28/08/2003, 5:54 PM
That's it - no more training for players!!