PDA

View Full Version : Stam

pete
03/09/2001, 11:05 AM
When I heard some of the crowd booing him I knew it was 1 reason only & it had nothing to do with the match or even irish football! It made me cringe :(

This has nothing to do with eL football as to boo someone because of something he did or didn't do with a foreign league team is sad & embarishing!

It reminded me why I don't go to irish internationals (aside from not having a ticket).

This ManU v ABU c*ap is bad enough at pre-season friendlies but at a crucial irish international is unforgivable!!!!

Didn't hear Numan being booed but thats even worse! And they say rangers fans are bigits? :confused:

Pauro 76
03/09/2001, 12:26 PM
What was the point in booing Stam, bet it was all those armchair Man Ure supporters doing it, save it for the Champions League pub-watching lads....

Gerry Desmond
04/09/2001, 11:28 AM
Yeah, giving them the bird everytime they touched the ball just because one of them had left the great 'Irish' club Man Utd while the other plays for the great 'anti-Irish' club Rangers is embarrassing. It proves beyond doubt how much Lansdowne Road has become a further extension of Oirish Premiershipness and has so little in common with fans of the National League. The profusion of Celtic shirts is another worrying aspect, with Irish matches now being seen as an alternative Parkhead outing.

We're a sad liittle nation; little doubt about it.

Gerry

Brine
04/09/2001, 12:28 PM
At least we don't wear clogs and eat cheese all day, and talk about thrashing the opponent 4-0 before the match even starts.

Gerry Desmond
04/09/2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Brine
At least we don't wear clogs and eat cheese all day, and talk about thrashing the opponent 4-0 before the match even starts.

I'm puzzled by your reply, Brine; is it meant to be a justification of booing Stam and Numan? Or do you just detest cheese...

Gerry The Curious

pete
04/09/2001, 1:29 PM
I hope he wasn't criticising cheeese!!! Cheese is the gods nectar or something like that.....

Think of all the great cheeses throughout history.....

Neil
04/09/2001, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by Brine
We eat spuds, have shamrocks in our ears, and support British football teams.