PDA

View Full Version : Don O’Riordan - Quote of the Day

A face
25/08/2003, 4:52 PM
quote of the day

"I don’t think Gareth touched the ball after the second yellow card and there was maybe a minute left in the game. [Shels] don’t want a replay."

- Sligo Rovers manager Don O’Riordan believes that the failure to send off Gareth Gorman following two yellow cards should not deprive his side of a place in the last eight of the FAI Cup.

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com)

Ringo
25/08/2003, 5:19 PM
rules are rules. If a guy can get a yellow card for drinking water on the pitch ( DCFC V Mons), this guy should have walked.

A face
25/08/2003, 5:29 PM
I can remember that knácker Foran who is now with Carisle getting two yellows at the cross a while back and staying on the pitch (got subbed a few minutes later, Keely the knácker)

Also happen to Colin T O'Brien aswell (ages ago) at the cross so kinda balances out.

But it does happen. What is the offical action to be taken on this one does anyone know ??

Ref ??

patsh
26/08/2003, 5:26 PM
Can't see Ollie turning down the opportunity to rescue the financial side of the situation. To be honest, if City were in the same boat as $hels, I'd want them to appeal based purely on the possibility that City could make extra money on any more Cup games.

Rocky
28/08/2003, 8:28 PM
The game was a great advert for the league. All the media was talking about it. That is the kind of coverage the league needs! If there is a replay it would make another joke of the league and prove the doubters right.

Ultan
29/08/2003, 7:24 AM
Originally posted by A face
But it does happen. What is the offical action to be taken on this one does anyone know ??

Ref ??
Referee's decision is final. If he makes a mistake he makes a mistake, simple as that. The only time a game is effected by something similar to this is when a team starts with 12 or more players and the ref doesn't notice. When it's brought to his attention or when the penny finally drops the game gets restarted, regardless of the score or how long had gone in the game.