PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v Bolton Wanderers

Storysham
23/08/2003, 7:01 PM
heard on the radio tonight its defo on. Wednesday 3rd september @ 7:30.

Counting Crow
23/08/2003, 8:20 PM
As this is not an official City game ( but is actually a testimonial arranged by Davenport himself ) it will be a good opportunity to try out some of our younger players - for example:

- Behan, Murray, C P O'Brien and I would love to see Admir Softic in action ( I hear he is going to be a star ).

Thankfully Flynny won't be available as he'll be with the U-21's.

A face
25/08/2003, 4:54 PM
City line up Bolton friendly

Pat Dolan’s Cork City, who are currently second in the eircom Premier Division will play English Premiership side Bolton Wanderers in a friendly at Turner’s Cross on Wednesday, September 3.

Bolton have sought to have the game played on that date as they have a free week to a number of internationals being played with the majority of the home countries being involved in crucial Euro 2004 qualifying matches.

Four days before the friendly City play St Patrick’s Athletic in an important match for both sides as they bid to avoid losing more ground on leaders Shelbourne, who are currently one point ahead of the Leesiders with two games in hand.

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce has an impressive looking squad which includes internationals from across the globe including Nigerian Jay Jay Okacha, Frenchman Youri Djorkaeff, Portuguese star Ivan Campo and Brazilian Mario Jardel.

The Trotters have started the season with one point from two games. In their opening match, champions Manchester United trounced them 4-0, while a 2-2 draw with Blackburn Rovers should have been a win as Bolton were two up for most of the match.

Cork will be eager to maintain the pressure on Shels as the league enter its final stretch and a friendly against such quality opposition should stand to them.

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=7172)

The Donie Forde
25/08/2003, 7:03 PM
Officially it's:

'Cork Soccer All-Stars' eek: v Bolton Wanderers

7.30pm Wed 3 Sepetember...

Assume mainly City players, but not officially a CCFC game.

Donie:

razor
26/08/2003, 7:46 AM
Worthy of our support all the same I reckon.

James
26/08/2003, 7:57 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Officially it's:

'Cork Soccer All-Stars' eek: v Bolton Wanderers

7.30pm Wed 3 Sepetember...

Assume mainly City players, but not officially a CCFC game.

Donie:

well donie if its cork soccer all-Stars they're hardly gona be ramblers player now are they..:cool:

although maybe we could see something like this (http://ccfcpics.net/admin/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album13&id=Wille_Bruton) again

:)

Troy.McClure
26/08/2003, 9:59 AM
Im just waiting for Ramsie or who ever to start spouting on about how Burton didnt move to City & how Cobh are on the way up (not hard when you start at the bottom I suppose) & how Billy Woods should be shot etc :D :rolleyes: