PDA

View Full Version : TO HARRY McCUE

Pages : [1] 2

forengay
23/08/2003, 5:48 PM
Harry im sorry to say but you are loseing it.I was sitting behind you in the stand lastnight and you might aswell be looking up a donkeys a** because u were all over the place and the interview you gave after the game was just a load of crap.You gave a interview about how ye were stock in traffic and ye missed ye DINNER.Harry grow up and give us some credit after all we were the better team

cfcgirl
23/08/2003, 8:25 PM
on the echo tonight it said cork city said they would play drog on saturday even signed an agreement i hope this is not true . if that happened to city we would be up in arms .

Neil
24/08/2003, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by cfcgirl
if that happened to city we would be up in arms .
Like $h€l$ ordering us to travel to Jackland on a Thursday?
Like SPA ordering us to travel to Jackland on a Monday?

joe
24/08/2003, 9:57 AM
the agreement was made before the recent rule change. two words for harry 'grapes' and 'sour.' your team were hammered off the pitch on friday night but let's not talk about that, let's whinge about the traffic and how the game should have been played on saturday. anything else harry?

Counting Crow
24/08/2003, 10:26 AM
I remember a couple a years ago we traveled to Drogland and similar to last Friday night arrived 1 hour before kickoff - and lost the game.

I remember we lambasted the City management for being so unprofessional and not staying overnight etc.

McCue sort yourself out. Whatever about the original agreement you had plenty of notice about the revised date.

You should have either traveled earlier or the night before - or at least brought some ham sandwiches for the boys ( did you hear they were complaining that they missed their pre match meal - did they not see the chipper outside the Cross )?

thecorner
24/08/2003, 10:34 AM
doest really matter if the game was friday or saturday
the outcome would more than likely have been the same anyway

patsh
24/08/2003, 11:31 AM
I always thought McCue was a bit of a bullsh*tter, but this takes the biscuit.
If his comments were reported accurately, he has made an even bigger pr*ck of himself.
It also shows Drogs to still be a shambles of a club, that they could not even leave in plenty of time to get to the game. They got away with being dumped out of the league last year, but some things have'nt changed it seems. They are a decent enough side, but the management and board have a first division mentality.

DrogMan
24/08/2003, 1:04 PM
Hello all and let me clear this ****e up once and for all. Cork and Drogheda had an agreement to play all matches either in Untied Park and the X on saturday evenings. Now earlier in the season we conformed to this and played you lot on the saturday evening, making a loss in the gate at the process, but we didn't mind too much as it was just sportsmanship.
Then last week at the Cup game (Yes lads we are STILL in the cup) I was told that Cork wanted the game to be changed to a friday night? Now I asked why the change, it was agreed at the start of the season. Then Drogheda asked the FAI to do something about it and as is the story with us we were told to **** off!! I wasn't surprised with this as for some reason other clubs don't seem to like us, why?? What the hell have we done wrong? We only got promoted last season fair and square so what's the deal?

Anyway enough of that, my point is that since that ***** Dolan went down there he has made it his priority to wreck the clubs in Dublin or in around that region. So as he can't do it on the field then he'll play a few tricks and do it off the field.
Our squad left Dublin at 11am, plenty if time to get down. So it wasn't down to unprofessionalism just down to the poxy traffic. We are not a professional club so we dont have the expenses to cover any over night stay, as with most clubs in this country.

I'm sure that you were by far the better team and that we were total ****e but today football is not just about running onto a field its also about the preparation before hand. Yes you's are a good team but not a great team. So give up the gloating please. I mean why didn't you's hammer us when you's played us in United Park??

So lads you beat a team who had their preparations disrupted because the opposition were afraid to compete fairly. PRI*KS!!

Colm
24/08/2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by DrogMan
Hello all and let me clear this ****e up once and for all. Cork and Drogheda had an agreement to play all matches either in Untied Park and the X on saturday evenings. Now earlier in the season we conformed to this and played you lot on the saturday evening, making a loss in the gate at the process, but we didn't mind too much as it was just sportsmanship.
Then last week at the Cup game (Yes lads we are STILL in the cup) I was told that Cork wanted the game to be changed to a friday night? Now I asked why the change, it was agreed at the start of the season. Then Drogheda asked the FAI to do something about it and as is the story with us we were told to **** off!! I wasn't surprised with this as for some reason other clubs don't seem to like us, why?? What the hell have we done wrong? We only got promoted last season fair and square so what's the deal?

Anyway enough of that, my point is that since that ***** Dolan went down there he has made it his priority to wreck the clubs in Dublin or in around that region. So as he can't do it on the field then he'll play a few tricks and do it off the field.
Our squad left Dublin at 11am, plenty if time to get down. So it wasn't down to unprofessionalism just down to the poxy traffic. We are not a professional club so we dont have the expenses to cover any over night stay, as with most clubs in this country.

I'm sure that you were by far the better team and that we were total ****e but today football is not just about running onto a field its also about the preparation before hand. Yes you's are a good team but not a great team. So give up the gloating please. I mean why didn't you's hammer us when you's played us in United Park??

So lads you beat a team who had their preparations disrupted because the opposition were afraid to compete fairly. PRI*KS!!

For the last time, since we last played you lot, the 160 mile rule has been abolished so we are under no obligation to facilitate anyone but ourselves. We've been forced to play in Dublin on a Monday and on a Thursday so surely we are entitled to play our games whenever we want.

SÓC
24/08/2003, 2:17 PM
As soon as the rule was abolished Lennox said all our games will be played on Friday night, no exceptions. Drogs had loads of notice.

McCue's interiew in the echo ended with "besides that we deserved nothing from the game".

Poor old Pale clubs are finally having to put up with what we put up with for years.

We travel ever second week, ye travel twice a year

DrogMan
24/08/2003, 2:19 PM
Of course a team should be allowed to play on what night they want. But do you not think it's a bit of bad sportmanship when there was a "gentlemans agreement" between the clubs and then one of those clubs goes and breaks it??
Look I know that every club tries to get an extra edge now and again but you must admit that it was a bit sly what Dolan did??

thecorner
24/08/2003, 2:30 PM
as i said already drogman, it doesnt matter when we play ye. the outcome would always be the same

RedX
24/08/2003, 2:33 PM
You dont deserve much of a reply after your last attempt.While your comments were defending your club which i respect there really is no need to abuse every City fan over this.I mean its not our fault.I think Harry Mc Cue is doing a very good job at Drogs but his commets after the match were a bit to much.We all know traffic is bad up and down the country for gods sake but getting stuck in traffic and blaming City is a joke.We are all grown men here.If i was going to work in the morning i would not leave late knowing i would get stuck in traffic on the way in.You think as an eircom league club someone would have been in the know a bit better.I certainly do not believe your team missed there meals before the game(total rubbish).The politics of match arrangments over the last few seasons has become a joke.Even as a City fan i think Drogs may well have been the loser here but its not City as far as i am concerned are the culprits.It is the F.A.I and one or two Dublin clubs.(Shels definetly being one of them dictating to us all).Best of luck for the rest of the season...

DrogMan
24/08/2003, 3:34 PM
Listen frankly I couldn't give a toss about the game now, its all done and dusted. We were trashed, end of story!!
And I'm not abusing you lot, just letting out a bit of steam :rolleyes:
But I'm just trying to explain it from my point of view, the game was supposed to be saturday, changed to friday, reason...because Cork wanted to...fair enough I say but why change it half way during the season and not do it at the start?? Quite easy I think. Anyway fu*k it, we have more games to play anyway and a CUP 1/4 final to look forward to ;)

Later La*gers :D

niamh
24/08/2003, 4:46 PM
I personally think the 160mile rule was a good one. There is too much of let's play Thursday and Monday rubbish.

City had an agreement but let business decide the issue which has to be done in this day and age.

The blame lies with the FAI - who changes the rules midway through a season??
They are the disgrace, not City for looking after their interests and not Drogs for wanting to make life a little easier for themselves in tough times.

patsh
24/08/2003, 6:06 PM

1.Anyway enough of that, my point is that since that ***** Dolan went down there he has made it his priority to wreck the clubs in Dublin or in around that region.

2.So as he can't do it on the field then he'll play a few tricks and do it off the field.

1. The chairman of Cork City football club brought a manager to the club to do his best to make us a successful club. He did not bring someone who was prepared to take it up the arse when told to by Dublin and Dub region clubs.
2. Your problem is with the FAI and your management. No matter what you think of Dolan, he does not cause "traffic problems", rule changes and bad preparation by our opponents.

iceman
24/08/2003, 7:30 PM
The simple fact is that Drogs accommodated City earlier in the season and switched ( at considerable loss in gate revenue) to a 5pm Sat. kick-off. When the return fixture came around City welched on the agreement....typical!

Cosmo
24/08/2003, 7:53 PM
The City officials were unsporting di**heads.

I agree that every club in the league should be allowed play their home matches any night they want - I have no complaints about that.

I have a problem with both clubs agreeing to play all matches between them on a saturday, we accomodate city, take a big drop in attendance money.

Then the rule change - which I agree with by the way. But we have already accomodated you once this season - sportingly, it shouldve been played on saturday as agreed at the beginning of the season.

As regards the drogs travel arrangements, the team left the same time as per usual when going to cork and usaually make 2 stops making the match in pleanty of time. Unfortunately the traffic was mental on friday. A quick question for those in the know down at the X - is it true that city refused to put kick off back 15 minutes when the drogs arrived so late??

Cosmo
24/08/2003, 8:15 PM
One other point,

I didnt make the match on friday (couldnt get off work!!), but i got a copy of the programme. Its definitely the best programme in the league - well done to all concerned.

Also, it was good to see the club donating a jersey for the raffle to raise funds for the big flag fund. Did ye manage to make much on the raffle?? Its something im seriously considering doing up here in our local pub as i reckon were still falling way behind the rest of the league in terms of flags, colour,etc - was it a success?? Any comments on it would be a great help..

joe
24/08/2003, 8:46 PM
Lads, the agreement between the two clubs was only necessary because of the existing rules. When they changed there was no need for the agreement. Do ye honestly think that if things were the other way around (ie ye had already played down here on a Saturday and we were travelling up to Lought) that ye wouldn't have moved the match to Friday?

As for delaying the kick-off, didn't hear anything about it, but is it possible that that would be the referee's call?

thecorner
25/08/2003, 12:32 AM
im just loving this
for once a club is in a bad mood with us

drogs check out how many times it happened us
sorry it was ye but somebody had to pay for it

Soko
25/08/2003, 1:01 AM
Originally posted by Daviddrog

I have a problem with both clubs agreeing to play all matches between them on a saturday, we accomodate city, take a big drop in attendance money.

And how much would that be, 50 Euro?

boynesider
25/08/2003, 8:21 AM
and Drogheda welched on the Deal Im sure Mr Dolan would have remained Silent and avoided any controversy,But Hey that's just
speculation, the reality is that Cork refused to honour the agreement.:(

James
25/08/2003, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by Daviddrog
Also, it was good to see the club donating a jersey for the raffle to raise funds for the big flag fund.

wasnt it a signed football though!!
:ball:

DruggyDrog
25/08/2003, 9:29 AM
Originally posted by Soko
And how much would that be, 50 Euro?

Very intelligent post.

Harry made a tool of himself on Friday, I'm not arguing with that. Everyone knows Friday traffic is mental, no excuses for any delays.

But Cork City FC are a shower of *****s for reneging on the initial agreement, rule change or no rule change. this league has enough problems without clubs trying to damage each other. I know that the whole travel issue is worse for Cork becuase of their location, but breaking an agreement with another club(s) is just petty. Why not fulfil the return fixture agreement, and then say thats it, our matches from now on are on Fridays. Instead you took advantage of us switching to a Saturday, then shafted us.

Anyway, probably (definitely??!!) wouldn't have affected the result, but this isn't about the result.

Macy
25/08/2003, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Like $h€l$ ordering us to travel to Jackland on a Thursday?
Like SPA ordering us to travel to Jackland on a Monday?

While I agree with you on the Shels one, just don't get the problem with the league cup game... Surely it could only have been a Tuesday if not the Monday, so whats the difference? Not having a pop, just wondering what the big deal is, as no one in Longford is at all arsed about the final tonight being a Monday as opposed to a Tuesday....

Peadar
25/08/2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DruggyDrog
But Cork City FC are a shower of *****s for reneging on the initial agreement, rule change or no rule change.

We used to have an agreement with Derry to play on a Sunday but they've decided it's more fun to make us travel the length of the country on a Thursday instead.
It's teams like Derry and Drogheda who make the league amature! The FAI should make all teams play on a Friday unless TV requires a change. Drogheda knew the game was on Friday and have no excuse for not playing well other than they're not a good team. Until Waterford got promoted this season, our closest rivals were Bray Wanderers so don't come on here spouting about having to travel on a Friday.
Sort yourselves out before you go moaning about other clubs.

Macy
25/08/2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
We used to have an agreement with Derry to play on a Sunday but they've decided it's more fun to make us travel the length of the country on a Thursday instead.
Hmmm I thought that was Cork that binned that agreement with the FAI Cup game...... Thursday football is boll0x and games should be on the weekend...

joe
25/08/2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by boynesider
and Drogheda welched on the Deal Im sure Mr Dolan would have remained Silent and avoided any controversy,But Hey that's just
speculation, the reality is that Cork refused to honour the agreement.:(

but would drogheda have 'welched' on the deal as you put it if the shoe was on the other foot - that was my question

Originally posted by Macy
Hmmm I thought that was Cork that binned that agreement with the FAI Cup game

cup game had nothing to do with it. during the close season derry and cork agreed to play thursdays and fridays

Originally posted by Macy
While I agree with you on the Shels one, just don't get the problem with the league cup game... Surely it could only have been a Tuesday if not the Monday, so whats the difference? Not having a pop, just wondering what the big deal is, as no one in Longford is at all arsed about the final tonight being a Monday as opposed to a Tuesday....

part of the problem that time was pat's were at least seen to be taking advantage of the fact that they were playing derry the previous thursday whereas we had a match on friday night. also the fact that the fai, or whoever is 'in charge' :rolleyes:, said originally that mid-week league cup games were to be played on tuesdays or wednesdays

Macy
25/08/2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by joe
part of the problem that time was pat's were at least seen to be taking advantage of the fact that they were playing derry the previous thursday whereas we had a match on friday night. also the fact that the fai, or whoever is 'in charge' :rolleyes:, said originally that mid-week league cup games were to be played on tuesdays or wednesdays
But surely they'd still have an extra day? just wondered....

joe
25/08/2003, 11:54 AM
true, but i think the issue was that city would have had an extra day off in between the games (friday to tuesday as opposed to friday to monday would negate any advantage pat's might gain)

pete
25/08/2003, 11:55 AM
Haven't seen or heard McCues comments so will leave them alone...

I suppose city could have held onto the Drogheda arrangment for one more game but as Brian Lennox has said many times he will do what is best for Cork City & in order to bring this club forward he needs all the funds he can get.

I think the CCFC thing with the Longford & Drogheda games is that those matches were essentially moved back to friday night i.e. the clubs designated match night.

Moving to the Shel$ v City league match to a thursday IMO has set a very bad precedent in the league where clubs can essentially move games to any night of the week they wish.

IMO clubs should never be allowed to move games from their designated day unless the away team agrees! That would follow that CCFC couldn't to any day but friday unless Drogs agreed.

sadloserkid
25/08/2003, 12:18 PM
As somebody on the outside here I'll add my two cent. Cork City FC acted in an unsporting manner. They reneged on a promise. That's bad form and the Cork lads (and ladies) would do well to admit it (though some have) We all know that Brian Lennox did it in the best interest of Cork City. That's the reason it happened, it's not an excuse. But what goes around comes around and you'll find that other clubs will probably be reluctant to accomodate Cork in future. This kinda behaviour will endear Lennox and Dolan to the Cork faithful but in the long run I think it'll bite them on the ass.

Colm
25/08/2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Cork City FC acted in an unsporting manner.

There's nothing unsporting about it imo. The only reason the clubs ever agreed to play on saturday is because they had to, Drogs are just unlucky that the rule change had not come into place before their home fixture. Naturally, as we were no longer under any obligation to play on a saturday, we played the game on a friday as we do with ALL our home fixtures. If the roles were reversed Drogs would have done the exact same.

sadloserkid
25/08/2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Colm
There's nothing unsporting about it imo.

That's because you're from Cork. After agreeing to play the game on Saturday you backed off when it suited you to. In short you went back on your word. If I was to do that to you in everyday life you'd be peeved Colm and it holds through in sport as well. You can own up to it lads, it's not being disloyal yo your club if you disagree with them every once in a while! In fact, it's probably a good thing.

ian
25/08/2003, 12:43 PM
Lads i was at the ground at 6.00 o clock and the drogs team was in the ground by then. As for the kick off time i did not here anything about that. Yes we where unsporting but the club comes first and if they make the call will that is it.

sadloserkid
25/08/2003, 12:57 PM
Agreed Ian. Nice one. slk is done now.

patsh
25/08/2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
As somebody on the outside here I'll add my two cent. Cork City FC acted in an unsporting manner. They reneged on a promise. That's bad form and the Cork lads (and ladies) would do well to admit it (though some have) We all know that Brian Lennox did it in the best interest of Cork City. That's the reason it happened, it's not an excuse. But what goes around comes around and you'll find that other clubs will probably be reluctant to accomodate Cork in future. This kinda behaviour will endear Lennox and Dolan to the Cork faithful but in the long run I think it'll bite them on the ass.
Well SLK, I hope that Lims get promotion this season. Then next year, you will know exactly what it feels like to get pushed about by some clubs who do exactly as they please and f*ck everyone else. Some clubs have always been reluctant to accomodate any other club.
City could have kept to the agreement for this game, and then played the other two fixtures on Friday nights, but there has been too many occasions when City were f*cked about and Lennox has called a halt and said no more. We get our best crowds on Friday night, so Lennox is only doing that which makes sense for City.

Schumi
25/08/2003, 1:08 PM
Would there have been no complaints if UCD hadn't moved the game in two weeks to the Sunday to accomodate O'Flynn. Not a word I'm sure, no double standards in Cork.

sadloserkid
25/08/2003, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Well SLK, I hope that Lims get promotion this season.

Me too. The rest of your post seems to be a kinda 'two wrongs make a right' effort to be honest. The only thing that people are getting annoyed about though is this pretence that Cork didn't treat Drogheda shabbily. Nobody is questioning the reasons behind what happened, it's just that the majority of Cork fans here (not you I'll add) seem to be trying to claim a moral high ground that is clearly earmarked for Drogheda this time out. That's all.

James
25/08/2003, 1:17 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Would there have been no complaints if UCD hadn't moved the game in two weeks to the Sunday to accomodate O'Flynn. Not a word I'm sure, no double standards in Cork.

well said schumi
of course there wouldnt, there are as you said no double standards in cork
nice to see the ppl of kildare starting to realise this

Macy
25/08/2003, 1:20 PM
tbh it the excuse doesn't wash - Cork were fooked around by Shels, arguably Pats, so take it out on Drogheda and Longford (who have AFAIK acted honourably with Cork over days/ kick off times)...

NorthoftheLee
25/08/2003, 1:31 PM
have drogs switched the next city game back to the friday nite so??? I havent heard a word about it......

IMO City could have played the game on a sat nite for this time only...i still dont think there is much of a difference between friday nite and sat nite as far as city attendances go.....just more of getting a routine thing going...

i still would have missed the damn game anyway...:mad:

Peadar
25/08/2003, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Would there have been no complaints if UCD hadn't moved the game in two weeks to the Sunday to accomodate O'Flynn.

Since the squad for the U21 game hasn't been announced I find it very hard to believe that UCD rearranged the fixture to accomodate John O'Flynns possible inclusion.
Has anyone actually stated this to be the official reason for the fixture being pushed back?
Either way Drogheda have no grounds for complaint.
They were humiliated on Friday night and are having difficulty digesting their sour grapes.
You may look and feel like a LSL club but you're in the eircom Premier League so start acting like it.

DrogMan
25/08/2003, 1:47 PM
Interesting stuff I must say. But I'm not disputing the result, we were hammered and thats it. But my point is that 1. An agreement was not adhered to 2. Our clubs preparations were disrutped. I mean like I said in a previous post, football nowadays is not just about the 90 mins on the field, its about the preparation before the game and last friday our preparations were disrupted which (I think anyway) affected the result, because there is not a chance that you's are 4 goals better than us as we've already proved this season. Anyway you'd think that you lot would understand the whole pre game preparation thing seeing as your favourite fool wasn't happy with it in Japan:D

Colm
25/08/2003, 1:55 PM
because there is not a chance that you's are 4 goals better than us as we've already proved this season.

To be honest ye were very lucky that it wasn't 6 or 7 nil, ye were absolutely useless and if ye play like that on a regular basis I'd say even UCD are 4 goals better than ye.
I doubt ye'll survive the play-offs again this year.

Peadar
25/08/2003, 2:01 PM
Our clubs preparations were disrutped.

When was the game fixed for Friday, on Friday morning was it?
G'wanaway ya excuse merchant.

Anyway you'd think that you lot would understand the whole pre game preparation thing seeing as your favourite fool wasn't happy with it in Japan:D

Roy Keane played for Cobh not Cork City so I can't see what relevance he has to this discussion.

Get those sour grapes into ya, you'll have plenty more of them to eat before the end of the season.

Dodge
25/08/2003, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by joe
But we've played 4 midweek games this season and they've all been on Monday (one was away to Waterford) No-one ever said Midweek should be Tuesday, Wednesday. It was lucky for us that we played on Thursday that week but that was co-incindence as the other Monday games will testify

And on the general topic, going back on an agreement with a club will do Cork no favours at all.

pconnor
25/08/2003, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by Colm
To be honest ye were very lucky that it wasn't 6 or 7 nil, ye were absolutely useless and if ye play like that on a regular basis I'd say even UCD are 4 goals better than ye.
I doubt ye'll survive the play-offs again this year.

You obviously don't know much about football Colm. Yes, you were good on the night, we were crap. To base our teams overall ability on one game is stupid. Don't you remember what the score was the last time we played each other? (we comfortably beat you 3-1).

Peadar
25/08/2003, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by pconnor
(we comfortably beat you 3-1).

So what you're saying is that we're on the up and you're on a downer?
Yes I think we'd all agree that we've improved and you've got much worse. For me a perfect league contains no Louth team.
Looking good for that next season...