PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: August EL Player of the month

Counting Crow
23/08/2003, 10:44 AM
It's going to be difficult for those who make this decision this month because the only real contenders ( as in miles ahead of everyone else ) are boyh playing for "the Culchies" down South in Kark............!

If Flynny doesn't get it there is NO justice.

- 4 goals ( 1 @ international level )
- Overall play and contribution different class

If Hawkins reward last month was the Benchmark then the deal is done.

A face
23/08/2003, 1:58 PM
It is hard to see it like that .... obviously it would be good to be in the running for it .... but it is hardly a done deal.

We can only see it from our side ..... that doesn't make it so.
I know what your saying but to be honest .... it is only a bonus at the end of the day.

tiktok
23/08/2003, 6:24 PM
Pat's have put together a good run recently so a few of their players are bound to be in contention.
Gary Beckett seems to have had a great month, and if Derry were to progress his goal would be vital.
If you look back at the way they hand them out though, i think after Hawkins and Williams we're due a striker again. Flynny should be up there, although you'd imagine georgie wouldn't be far off, the reports of his play by away fans has been as glowing as ours.

drummer boy
24/08/2003, 10:14 AM
shane barrett without a doubt deserves it, sure he was getting huge praise from richardsn on eircom league weeky. and you have to remember he is playing for the most in orm team in the league.

Schumi
25/08/2003, 11:21 AM
Bird has been scoring a good few for Pats as well.

Cityace
25/08/2003, 11:30 AM
Not to be going on about him but o callaghan has been at his best the last few games,certainly will be a big contributing factor.Cant really coment on other teams players because i only see who we play, and no-one comes to mind.

tonybirdfanclub
27/08/2003, 3:23 PM
Would argue on behalf of Kharim el-Khebyr nothing short of brilliant over the past month or so, he'll be missed n friday. Are we to expect the usual 120,000 at the cross? or possibly the 400-500 that were there when we beat ye 4-0 a few years back?

Pablo
27/08/2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by tonybirdfanclub
Would argue on behalf of Kharim el-Khebyr nothing short of brilliant over the past month or so, he'll be missed n friday. Are we to expect the usual 120,000 at the cross? or possibly the 400-500 that were there when we beat ye 4-0 a few years back?

realistically between 6-8k anything around that. quite decent and above our 4k average that we've had for this season so far

Pablo
27/08/2003, 3:28 PM
as for player of the month, that Barret at Longford looks really good. Its between him and Georgie and Flynny if its being fairly picked

Dodge
27/08/2003, 3:32 PM
I reckon Barratt will get it, with Bird and O'Flynn up there. Although if Shels/Derry win expect one of them to get it judging by Tony Grant's and Colin Hawkins' awards

tonybirdfanclub
27/08/2003, 3:38 PM
Looking forwrad to the game at the minute, always enjoyable trip. I wonder is Karlsbrau still on sale on Leeside. No better way to celebrate a victory in cork!!

Tellin yous now that it will not be an easy city victory. We have proven ourselves to be as good as anybody in the laegue and are on a great run of results and haven't seen the best of form yet. Onimous for others. Have to have a chuckle at the slagging off of EC, great signings(Tony Bird included) on less of a budget than Dolan's semi professional setup. all round feel good factor coz the club is definitely moving in the right direction.

Should be interesting!

pete
27/08/2003, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
I reckon Barratt will get it, with Bird and O'Flynn up there. Although if Shels/Derry win expect one of them to get it judging by Tony Grant's and Colin Hawkins' awards

True.

Would really need to list off the actually games each player has played this month to judge them as sometimes fans tend to forget a good performance may have come at the end of July...

Fri 1st Derry City H D 1-1
Thu 7th Shelbourne A D 1-1
Aug 15 Cork City 1-0 Shamrock Rov
Aug 19 Poland U21 1-5 Rep of Ireland U21
Aug 22 Cork City 4-0 Drogheda Utd

James
27/08/2003, 3:48 PM
*presume a thread entitled EL player of the month shud be in the El section like *

:ball:
james

DruggyDrog
27/08/2003, 4:12 PM
O'Flynn is easily the best I've seen in the last month, both at the matches I've gone to and the coverage on TV3. Barrett may get it though, purely because he is exceeding expectations while O'Flynn is merely performing to the high standards he has already set for himself.

SÓC
27/08/2003, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by tonybirdfanclub
Have to have a chuckle at the slagging off of EC, great signings(Tony Bird included)

Wait a second, Tony Bird was at Pats when Dolan was there, how is he a great Enda McGill signing?

Dodge
27/08/2003, 5:08 PM
Because Collins knew him, called him, agreed the contract with him and went over to Tony's place in Wales to sign him. Even last year Bird was telling people that

SÓC
27/08/2003, 9:43 PM
ahhh thats right Dolan had nothing to do with it, sure he was only first team manager. Rose tinted glasses I do think there Dodgey boy.

Although you might have a point, I heard that the tea-lady did sign Charles Livingston.

yur man
28/08/2003, 1:55 AM
I heard that the tea-lady did sign Charles Livingston

did she give him one?

a cup o tea :p

Dodge
28/08/2003, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
ahhh thats right Dolan had nothing to do with it, sure he was only first team manager. Rose tinted glasses I do think there Dodgey boy.

Although you might have a point, I heard that the tea-lady did sign Charles Livingston.
No, thats what happened. Obviously Dolan could have stopped it if he wanted to, but in essence, he signed because of Collins. Just one incident. Everyone else Dolan signed he can take credit for.