PDA

View Full Version : Bray Wanderers 3 Kildare County 2

Estar
23/08/2003, 9:08 AM
Zayed right on the spot

EAMON ZAYED'S late penalty saw Bray leapfrog three clubs and move to the top of the Eircom League First Division following an action-packed win over Kildare County at the Carlisle Grounds.

There were just four minutes left when ref Paul McKeon pointed to the spot following a foul on Zayed by Ben Whelehan and the Bray No 9 converted the kick himself.

Wanderers drew first blood after eight minutes when Wesley Charles' low shot squirmed under the body of 'keeper Tadhg Murphy. Kildare levelled it on 26 minutes with a deft lob from Damien Brennan.

Whelehan then shot Kildare in front in the 36th minute before Robbie McGuinness put the hosts level before half-time.

BRAY W - O'Connor, Tresson, Long, O'Hanlon, Charles, Gormley (Flood 67), McGuinness, James (Lawless 83), Zayed, Fox, Forsythe (O'Brien 83).

KILDARE CO - Murphy, Brennan, Cronin, Whelehan, Kenny, Rogers, Scully, Zellor (Kelly 71), Hughes, O'Connor (Ryan 82), McNevin.

REF - P McKeon (Dublin).

It's the second time Bray have played poorly and still beat us. Saying that it was Countys most disjointed display away from home, They never stepped up the required gear. Danny O'Leary and Marc Kenny will be welcomed back. the Penalty was very harsh only shoulder to shoulder contact Zayed went down like a sack of spuds. We should have got one for gormleys foul on scully. Saying that we did get a similar one in Mels. The Bray keeper made a good save in the first half from O'Connor but his reflex save in the second half was stunning. Wes Charles was the best player on view. his goal was a bit jammy but his celebration was good. Fox got away with murder last night, nasty foul on cronin, off the ball tug on daisy. mc guinness would not have scored. Not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination, when we get a chance to go ahead of the pack we seem to fall back into it i.e the bray match at station road. Could easily have snatched the 3 points last night. Nice sizeable crowd at the match. Roll on the cup match.

Gus03
24/08/2003, 10:45 AM
We could have won the game:D We played good football to come back to lead 2-1 but fell a sleep then, after all our hard work. Where we you at the match I didn't see you?

Estar
24/08/2003, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by Gus03
Where we you at the match I didn't see you?

I arrived late, down by the sweet shop I was with Tommy( stuffing his face with junk). Were you with the supporters club?

Roo69
26/08/2003, 2:21 PM
but bray should have been 2 or 3 up by the time kildare scored. you's played nice football at times, i reckon you's will be there or there abouts at the end of the season, we were below par - again !

The Ref was shocking ! how did your player stay on the pitch when he handeled the ball when zayed was clear threw ! unbelieveable !