PDA

View Full Version : New George Fanclub

SSS
23/08/2003, 8:43 AM
The band formerly known as the George Bashers have been replaced by lobotomised George supporters. They've started to take the pi** by saying "well done George" after everything he does, even a poor effort at "we love you george-ee" last night. I think I even heard them praising George for something Greg did.
Still Muppets, but now harmless.

Cityace
23/08/2003, 10:00 AM
I had to move away from where i was standing originally last night because i thought i was gonna hit the guy next to me.

Can anyone actually belive that he said he would prefer city to lose then see georgie score!!:mad:

When georgie was taking the corner in the first half he said "Come on posts, keep it out"!!

:mad: :mad: I CANT STAND THESE L@NGERS!!!! :mad: :mad:

Counting Crow
23/08/2003, 10:13 AM
Who are these people?????????????

They defy belief.

Here we have the lads playing out of their skin, getting results and still they go on and on and.........!

For the next match everyone should just move away from them leaving them to stand out in their small little huddle for everyone else to boo and jeer THEM! I wonder how they would like it.

Anyone gat theory's as to who they might be?

Here's some of my thoughts:

1 - GAA heads who just can't cope with us being successful
2 - Closet Dubs trying to de-rail the City Experience
3 - Ex Peterborough and Port Vale boards members

or

4 - The owners of McDonalds & Burgerking - Lennox's HAVE the bst chips in town:D

Éanna
23/08/2003, 12:51 PM
sad pathetic people with sad pathetic lives is what they are.

dalo
23/08/2003, 12:56 PM
george played well in the last two games. no doubt about it. let's hope he keeps it up and end his scoring duck while he is at it.

see i will give the guy credit where's it due.

also i think the performace of colin T o'brien in the last two games has been particuarly significant. the guy has really blossomed in midfield

Éanna
23/08/2003, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by dalo
george played well in the last two games. no doubt about it. let's hope he keeps it up and end his scoring duck while he is at it.
Well? he's been outstanding! And for more than the last two games- he was unreal away to shels as well for starters. There's even a rovers fan on the eL board saying he should be in the Ireland squad. He is amazing

Gary
23/08/2003, 1:36 PM

Played well? Played outstanding more like it.

But yes Dalo, i do agree with you above, George needs to get back among the goals. Im very surprised he hasnt hit a few more, only 10 in his entire City career. Even last night, he took a shot and it well over, he was furious with himself.

George is palying great stuff, lets hope he signs that contract and we keep him.

Colm
23/08/2003, 1:53 PM

While it would be nice if he scored more goals, I by no means think it's essential. I'll be more than happy if he just keeps doing exactly what he's being doing all season. The guy is magic, no denying it.

SÓC
23/08/2003, 2:14 PM
Dolan's notes and post match interview mentions how crucial Georgie is to us.

Nice to see even Spillage has noticed how important Georgie is to us. I think if Georgie scores 5-10 goals a season I'd be very happy, I honestly say he has had about 15 assists this season, almost everything good we do comes through him.

tiktok
23/08/2003, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Can anyone actually belive that he said he would prefer city to lose then see georgie score!!:mad:

obviously not real city fans, putting their dislike of a player ahead of wanting results for the club. idiots.

as for georgie not scoring, once he keeps setting them up for everybody else he's doing as good a job as if he was knocking them in himself.

Schunter Netz
24/08/2003, 12:25 AM
The anti-George gang in the Donie Forde have been broken up. The moustachio-man seems to have been moved to a new seat and has either been warned to behave or lobotomised, because he either shouts ironic encouragement at George or shoves his fist in his gob when the humour overcomes him. The others seem to have had lobotomies too, except for the kid who was clearly judged to be underage for operation, and who continues to moan 'Ah, George' when the opposition get the ball! In ten years time they'll all be telling their grandchildren about the great hero 'Georgie', but the next time he has a bad game it will be the sdame old abuse. Next season, either the loohlahs or the sane folks will havbe to go the St Annes end.

thecorner
24/08/2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Gary
Played well? Played outstanding more like it.

But yes Dalo, i do agree with you above, George needs to get back among the goals

isnt supplying flyyny enogh for u
thats what a good partnership is all about
one scoring,one doing all the(excuse the phrase georgie)donkey work

sign me up for the georgie fan club

joe
24/08/2003, 9:42 AM
he did get all 4 assists on friday didn't he?

golly
24/08/2003, 5:40 PM
ya i think them begrudging thick cnuts brought the best out of george he was always good but had a tendency to drop out of games he has found consistency like never be4 and george is now the best player in the eircom league. he was never going to get 20-25 goals a season 8-12 will do georgie and most city fans fine as long as he continues this vain of form no 1 can complain just marvel at his brilliance determination hunger commitment inteeligence skill arrogance have i left out anything?

pete
25/08/2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
1 - GAA heads who just can't cope with us being successful

They probably the type of people at the cross that complian that the players don't get the ball forward quick enough & then when they do complain that they not passing the ball enough.

Some people probably only go to games to bitch 'n moan at the players.

tiktok
25/08/2003, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by Schunter Netz
The anti-George gang in the Donie Forde have been broken up.

heard there were a few of them mouthing off in the st.anne's end, moving out from under the radar???