PDA

View Full Version : Tonights goals 4 of the best

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 11:14 PM
Is it just me or did other people think tonights goals were probably the best seen ( as a combination in one game ) @ The Cross for years?

Flynny's two were Premiership standard.
( for those not at the game )
#1- George dropped a great ball into him, he held the ball up, back to the goal in the box, dummied one way, swivelled around his marker, slipped past another man and with his left leg hit a beaut into the top corner of the net - in front of the Shed.
#2 - Sent away on a run towards the corner flag ( second half ), left his marker gasping for oxygen, cut into the box and from a very narrow angle hit an absolute SCREAMER into the net.

GENIUS.

If they were on MotD, and were scored by Shearer or Henry, Hansen and Lineker would be wetting themselves and both would be contenders for goal of the season.

It will be interesting to hear Mssrs King and Ricardson next Monday. They'll probably be concentrating on Home Farm or Bohs anyway.

Dan's was a classic set piece - what power in his header - I swear the Drogs 'keeper tried to get out of the way!!!!!

Conor's would have be talked about for ages if it didn't have to contend with Flynny's peaches.

BTW, didn't Colin O'Brien have a great game tonight? He has come on so much.

Real ale Madrid
22/08/2003, 11:16 PM
What about the four goals against Longford first 3 in particular. Flynn's chip and Woods' two strikes were up there with tonight imo

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah.....I agree actually.
I just wanted someone else to point that out.

Doesn't it just go to show how the team is developing now.

We have had some great nights here this season so far.....

vs. Bohs
vs. Longford
vs. Shams
vs. Drogs

and plenty more to come me thinks.

thecorner
22/08/2003, 11:30 PM
to be fair city have got a lot of great goals this season
my favourite in particular is o' grady's against derry
most satisfying has to be flynny's vs rovers

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 11:36 PM
Corner......pity you couldn't make it to tonights game.

Flynny's 2 were up there with Berkamp ( vs Newcastle ), Owen ( vs Argentina ) I swear.

Can't wait to see them on Chorus on Monday night - 8.00pm and 10.30pm.

dcnags
23/08/2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Can't wait to see them on Chorus on Monday night - 8.00pm and 10.30pm.

Thanks counting crow, i always seem to miss it.

yur man
23/08/2003, 12:38 AM
is that the time they always play the matches? cos me sister never catches them for me

she just about gets most eircom weekly broadcasts

ian
23/08/2003, 7:27 AM
The game is on the monday nights at 6.35 and then at 10.35. so watch out for it if you can yur man.

Hitman
23/08/2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow

It will be interesting to hear Mssrs King and Ricardson next Monday. They'll probably be concentrating on Home Farm or Bohs anyway.

Well Rico was at the game, so he should have something to say.

Neil
23/08/2003, 6:11 PM
There was no sign of Noel King (Drogheda coach) at the game last night. Rumours were that he got lost looking for the road out of Dublin. Jackeen.

Counting Crow
23/08/2003, 6:28 PM
I actually forgot about King's connection with the Drogs.

Oh how I hope he's on the panel on Monday night.

Trev will have a field day.

razor
25/08/2003, 11:18 AM
****** anyway !!!

I have missed 2 home games this season because of family commitments, Longford (4-1) and Drogheda (4-0).

If it carries on like this i'll have to stop going altogether.

Well done to the Lads, somethign similar next Friday would be nice.

patsh
25/08/2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by razor
****** anyway !!!

I have missed 2 home games this season because of family commitments, Longford (4-1) and Drogheda (4-0).

If it carries on like this i'll have to stop going altogether.

Well off with ye and commit yourself to some more family events this coming Friday!;)

NorthoftheLee
25/08/2003, 1:23 PM
ya guess who missed those two games too.......

like a dog...arent the words to describe it....:(

James
25/08/2003, 1:28 PM
well in that case i think i'll join NOTL and co and miss the next home city match if they can go winning so well in future
that said i missed the trip to drogland this season and we lost then!!

James
26/08/2003, 7:28 AM
Chorus coverage puts the TV3 effort to shame again last night, granted they have more time to play with on cork city

tv3 seemed to exclude one of the sweetest bits of skill from flynny ..in the second half gregs shot is saved by keeper and flynny goes in on the rebound and the balls seems to be beating him to the endline but he does a drag the ball back with one foot while spinning changing direction and turning the ball and him back into play with the otherfoot.. or something like that.. youd have to have seen it there or on tv..

a piece of skill up there with the 'flynny flick' from the 3-2 in the carsisle grounds last season under gunther :D

overall
---------
outstanding goals from jof
magical skill from Goc

but most impressed was i with colin t o'brien

razor
26/08/2003, 8:07 AM
Absolutely Brillunt.

Flynny's goals were 'a different gravy'.
If horse head had scored them for Manure, the barstoolers would be raving about them.

Opposing teams are just so afraid of Georgie when he is on the ball. He's capable of doing anything.

Exciting times indeed.

NorthoftheLee
26/08/2003, 8:17 AM
and that noel king was at it again.......he was nearly choking back the tears when he had to give some credit......shoved the attention back to trev ...... god that manis a bitter old jackeen....

JOFs first goal was well class.....excellent.....

pete
26/08/2003, 10:21 AM
Trev was having a hard time hold back the smile on eL weekly last night. :)

I thought Noel King was going to combust into flames such was his praise of O'Flynn. Great to see the John O'Flynns swagger & confidence. When hes like that he fancies his chances of scoring from anywhere!