PDA

View Full Version : Sit up and take notice, the new dawn has happened

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 10:57 PM
.......and the sleeping Giant is awake and begining to rumble.

They must be quaking in their boots in Dublin.

The most charismatic manager in the League is puting together a really solid looking team.

The Team themselves obviously believe in him ( and themselves ) as is evident over the past month or so - particularly since the Cup match.

There is a bond between the fans and the players not seen for many years.

Every other Club in the country must be so envious of us at the moment with our crowds, passion, ground ...... and players.

Interesting to see how many people are wearing City jersey's ( particularly the blue away one ) around town and at work etc these days. I'd say 1 in every 5 people tonight had some form of City shirt on them. That's real association with your team I think.

I can smell silver in the air.......yeah!

thecorner
22/08/2003, 11:23 PM
AHEM*OUR GROUND* AHEM

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 11:27 PM
OK, OK....... but we have contributed to the development of it ..... and anyway we are certainly the ones associated with it.

Anyway, the Dubs don't know this ...... so keep it quite;)

applehunter
22/08/2003, 11:42 PM
Its all very well to talk about sleeping giants, Cork allways has a good following when we are doing well. You need to get that chip on your shoulder checked out there boy.

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 11:53 PM
You've completely lost me with this one Applehunter.

Are you a closet "Dub" by any chance.

Éanna
23/08/2003, 1:03 PM
i think you're spot on cc. Dublin beware, the rebels are on the way!

Colm
23/08/2003, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
They must be quaking in their boots in Dublin.

I honestly believe that they are, they don't like the idea of a successful Cork City as it threatens their dominance. We will be the dominant club in Ireland within two years and they know it. The Dubs are nervous of the air of confidence that is coming out of Turners Cross at present.

Dr.Nightdub
23/08/2003, 4:46 PM
As Tommy T said in another thread, there's no united-against-the-Corkies thing going on between fans of Dublin clubs. That's strictly a one-way street that only youse drive on.

As far as I'm concerned, youse are just another rival club, same as Rovers, Bohs or Shels - the location is irrelevant. Youse just have funnier accents, that's all.

City Hero
23/08/2003, 6:07 PM
- We're not the same as Bohs, Shams & Sh€ls.

- It's spelt "YOU "

- & what's wrong with our accent like Boy.

Dodge
25/08/2003, 8:57 AM
Spot on, Nightdub but let them get themselves all worked up