PDA

View Full Version : casey vs dolan

thecorner
22/08/2003, 9:12 PM
missed the game tonite but me ol'fella just came in there and reckons he saw something with casey and dolan when he was taking off. seems he wasnt happy with being taken off agagin

anyone confirm this

RedX
22/08/2003, 9:36 PM
I was close to the dugout and there was no argument as far as i could see.Dolan was just giving words of encouragement to the guy.Sometimes you can take a lad off and still encourage him for his confidence for the next game.There was definetly no problems there...

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 10:02 PM
Corner - agree with RedX. There was nothing up. He hugged Casey ( as he did George and Greg when they came off ).

Casey was nodding at what The Big man was saying to him.

IMO Dolan made some good substitutions tonight. It was going a bit stale in the middle at that time. Conor made a big difference snuffing out the Drogs "hitmen" in midfield and got a great goal.

SSS
23/08/2003, 9:03 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Corner - agree with RedX. There was nothing up. He hugged Casey ( as he did George and Greg when they came off ).

Casey was nodding at what The Big man was saying to him.

Gotta disagree there lads. There was no comparison between Dolan's dealing with Greg & George and the way he spoke to Casey. It wasn't that Casey was complaining about being taken off, but that Dolan gave him a dressing down - see my other post on Dolan Watch.

tiktok
23/08/2003, 6:19 PM
I'm a bit surprised he gave him a dressing down in front of the Donie Forde while the game was still going on. Sill, If Casey deserved it let's hope he'll take the 'dressing down' on board. He'd be well aware of Dolan's ways from his time at Pat's and wouldn't have signed if he feared the clashes. Let's not read too much into it.

Schunter Netz
24/08/2003, 12:12 AM
It wasn't a dressing down, more a case of Dolan telling Casey what he did well and what he didn't quite do. Dolan seems to enjoy acting out man-management in public. Either way, Casey had what I would call a 'Hedderman' on Friday - shaping up like he was taking part but avoiding the game if possible. That said, he didn't get much decent ball to work with. We've got two decent wingers now, but there's still too many 'killer' balls bypassing the midfield from defence looking for O'Flynn to run onto - shades of Johnny Caulfield there.

thecorner
24/08/2003, 12:24 AM
so from now on lets call a person that had a bad game"he had a hedderman", just like "he had a macedonia"
BULLSH1T

y not support the players when they r playing bad. we know what they r capable of

everyone has an off day

Counting Crow
24/08/2003, 10:01 AM
Spot on Corner.

The worstthing for any new player coming into a Club ( particularly one as big as ours and so much in the spotlight ) is for the fans to start nit picking their performances in their first few games.

Casey looks good - and will be good.

Look at how Doyler has developed - one of our best players now.

patsh
24/08/2003, 11:37 AM
Well I do think Casey will be a good player for us, but I think it is far to say that he does not get stuck in. EVERYBODY on our team does the donkey work of tracking back, tackling and harrying players, so Ryan needs to understand that he must do it too. It will take a little time, but events like last Friday will bring it home to him, that he either pulls his weight for the 90 minutes, or he does not play for City.
That said, he has definiteley improved the side, and I hope he works hard and improves even more.

Éanna
25/08/2003, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Well I do think Casey will be a good player for us, but I think it is far to say that he does not get stuck in. EVERYBODY on our team does the donkey work of tracking back, tackling and harrying players, so Ryan needs to understand that he must do it too. It will take a little time, but events like last Friday will bring it home to him, that he either pulls his weight for the 90 minutes, or he does not play for City.
That said, he has definiteley improved the side, and I hope he works hard and improves even more.
spot on