PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hill for City

thecorner
22/08/2003, 5:28 PM
roddy collins reckons that city would be a lot better off with dave hill as manager and pat dolan as tech.director

"pat dolan is a brill football man but if i were running cork city, i would have him as tech.director with dave hill alooking after the first team""city would grow as a club if this was t he scenario"

qoutes from collins in todays echo

y doesnt he just worry about carlisle and let city look after themselves.

we dont want hill anyway, hes doing a grand job with queenstown:p

yiddo
22/08/2003, 5:33 PM
I heard that when Dolan moved "upstairs" at Pats and Buckley took over the first team Dolan still wanted to be involved with the first team and wouldn't keep out of what should have been Buckleys area of sole responsibility.
Dunno if this is true maybe Dodge or some other Pats people could confirm/deny this.

pete
22/08/2003, 6:06 PM
Roddy who?

Carlisle Grounds?

:eek:

RedX
22/08/2003, 9:33 PM
Roddy Collins should mind his own business and look after the welfare of his own club.By the looks of Carlisle's early season form its he who should be moving upstairs.Dolan is the best man for Cork City FC from the DUGOUT....

ramsie
22/08/2003, 9:54 PM
is roddy pulling the ****
Dave Hill is a Ramblers legend now

Cityace
22/08/2003, 9:57 PM
If Mr.Roddy thinks Dolan would stand bieng moved to a T.D. position he's a complete fool.

Sure what would Gunther have to do then??:D

Éanna
22/08/2003, 10:45 PM
just typical roddy stirring sh*te as usual. best ignored, we're doing ok as it is thank you very much

patsh
23/08/2003, 8:30 PM
Typical pathetic Echo sh*t. Instead of giving an important game a proper and decent preview and build up, they print this kind of verbal diarrhoea from an assh*le like Collins. It's not even worth this thread.... :rolleyes:

yur man
23/08/2003, 8:57 PM
yeah, agree collins shud concentrate on his own club

i see carlisle lost again today and are second bottom (same goal diff as bottom club -6! ) after 3 games :D

same story again this year, at least he's consistent :p

Schunter Netz
24/08/2003, 12:50 AM
Roddy Collins is one of the most insane people currently holding down a job of any kind. Think about it - would you employ him? It would be amusing if he wasn't such a Roddy Doyle thicko character stereotype - Carlisle for the big drop, god willing.

thecorner
24/08/2003, 1:31 AM
http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/loadboard.asp?tno=121
carlisle forum if any wants to leave the fans wath roddy is really like

cant seem to post topic so follow link "dear roddy" where the fans r trying ot get him to resign:D

seems he is hated here also

also check out roddy-what a w@nker------some carlisle fan having a dig at the eircom league ....some cheek

CumbriaMyLord
24/08/2003, 2:29 AM
if you'd bothered to read the post properly you'd see that a poster asked why farrell wasn't in favour

the answer was he didn't play in the eircom.
i.e. he's not one of the lads as opposed to roddy's favourites who can do no wrong.

time and time again roddy brings in players only to have them stew in the reserves below his own sub-standard favourites.

CumbriaMyLord
24/08/2003, 2:33 AM
how did roddy manage to succeed in the republic then?
did he even do that well?

all that gets wheeled out is the bloody Kaiserslauten debacle and they're ****e anyway by Bundesliga standards

joe
24/08/2003, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by CumbriaMyLord
how did roddy manage to succeed in the republic then?
did he even do that well?

he did well, one season, and had the wins in europe, but i think his 'success' was as much down to the sizable step change bohemians made in terms of professionalism, etc. at the time which temporarily lifted them above the rest of the league as his own 'abilities'

Counting Crow
24/08/2003, 10:43 AM
Collins is nothing more than a Dublin $hister.

Would you buy a used car from him.

Look at some of the Irish players he has brought into Carlisle.

All Collins clones - thugs, gangsters, spives one step away from jail ( litterly, in the case of that knob head from Chelsea / Dublin ).

For Chi$t sake Richie Foran was even thrown out of the Irish U-21 team and we all know how hard it is to get dumped from any of our "Irish" teams - just ask Breen, Carsley, Doherty, Connolly ( he even said he would never play again and was asked back!!! ) etc etc

Collins, stop deflecting the media from the crap job you are doing yourself, and crawl back under your Tallaght rock.

applehunter
24/08/2003, 5:45 PM
Why did the Echo have on the night of a big Cork match a piece about Dave Hill being recommended by Roddy Collins. Roddy Collins should be concentrating on Carlisle's 3 losses in a row and not on our manager.

Anyway I don't think Dave Hill would be a good choice as manager. Cobh's discipline this season has been terrible including Hill who has been sent off twice if I'm not mistaken. He also has maded a lot of strange team selections(bringing in Biscuits)

Finally, why the hell did a millionaire from Dublin have an ambition to turn a 3rd division team into a 1st division team. Its hard for me to imagine myself if I had a million thinking, "I have a dream, to turn Carlisle into a mid-table 1st division team in England"

tiktok
24/08/2003, 8:15 PM
Originally posted by applehunter
Why did the Echo have on the night of a big Cork match a piece about Dave Hill being recommended by Roddy Collins.

because it's a rag:D

pete
25/08/2003, 10:43 AM
If the Echo is so bad why do ye all keep buying the rag?

:confused:

patsh
25/08/2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by pete
If the Echo is so bad why do ye all keep buying the rag?

:confused:
Probably because most City news is published there. The Echo is a City sponsor/partner so that is the info point for most people.

James
25/08/2003, 12:52 PM
i buy it even though all the spillage stuff on city is crap cause i like to complain
all cork ppl like to whinge and complain (its in our nature) and the echo certainly gives justifiable reason. i mean what the hell is that muppet ken o connor on every week
for me hes even worse then spillage with the bs he writes

:D

patsh
25/08/2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by James
i mean what the hell is that muppet ken o connor on every week

Where was his column this week?
It's always readable.

James
25/08/2003, 1:11 PM
twas in thursday's echo
where this week readers were treated to being taught why cork city was like a gareth brooks song :confused:

fuppin IDIOT :cool:

NorthoftheLee
25/08/2003, 1:26 PM
ya that confust the life out of me too.......gareth feckin brookes ..didnt think id hear about that C&W lánger again.....

James
25/08/2003, 1:33 PM
i think ken was tipping him as a good up and coming act
definately one to watch for the future is that gareth brookes chap
;)

sadloserkid
25/08/2003, 1:48 PM
Originally posted by James
all cork ppl like to whinge and complain (its in our nature)

James, you are truly a legend Sir! Telling it like it is! :cool: