PDA

View Full Version : 3-1

don ramo
28/06/2008, 10:06 PM
may as well have been 6 nil, cause the lads arent picking themselfs up, they looked good there for the last 20 mins, if they can do that from the start theyll do good, but the snail starts are absolutely killing us, they have to get on the attack quicker from the start,

they spend no time on the ball, they have to relax and slow down keep the ball, hassle the opposition more and more, but more importanly look at who your passin it to, and look for the man in space at least he has a chance to do something,

it was a breath of fresh air seeing kenny coleman coming on, he got the ball and kept his foot on it and picked out passes well,

we need the lads to calm down and use the ball, they were doing it great last year i see no reason they cant do it this year, it may be a higher league but its still football, and they know how to play, ive seen how good they are, and i must say ther playing at a pathetic 50-60%, in recent weeks

rambler14
28/06/2008, 10:21 PM
it was a breath of fresh air seeing kenny coleman coming on, he got the ball and kept his foot on it and picked out passes well,

Hopefully his performence will get him in he starting line-up next week. It's farcical having the 2 Kearneys in centre-mid together. One of them should be in at a time with either Kenny or Barrett.
Anything we created tonight we created because of Kenny, he's our best footballer and all he does is sit on the bench!

marty
28/06/2008, 10:37 PM
It was brutal from the start no shape and the score flattered us tbh,i thought Mc Carthy in central defence had a shocker he cant start another game with Murray back and with O Halloran coming it will provide cover for where we need it most.Our midfield is gone missing and Alan Kearney isnt the same player he was b4 injury,on saying that the whole team was poor and to make it worse our next sequence of games gives us no reason for optimisum.New signings cant come fast enough our gates will drop to the 500 mark with another home loss..........

rambler14
28/06/2008, 10:41 PM
i thought Mc Carthy in central defence had a shocker he cant start another game with Murray back and with O Halloran coming it will provide cover for where we need it most.

Judging by tonight people are finally starting to agree with me on my opinion of Brian McCarthy. The defence has been like a leaky tap since he signed!

Risteard
28/06/2008, 11:21 PM
I don't know if Coleman could last the full 90 at all but J.Kearney is no footballer.
He should never play for Ramblers again.
Few new players in for ye mid-week should sort out the midfield at least.

Only1Rovers
28/06/2008, 11:25 PM
How did Rovers play lads? Did they put in a good performance or was it a bad Ramblers display?

don ramo
28/06/2008, 11:29 PM
rambler wernt great, rovers played very well and took advantage of each opotunity they were given, as much as i can say for rams, we could have had 3-4, but yet again finnishing let us down, yer keeper pulled off a great save late on to keep it 3-1,

Only1Rovers
28/06/2008, 11:33 PM
rambler wernt great, rovers played very well and took advantage of each opotunity they were given, as much as i can say for rams, we could have had 3-4, but yet again finnishing let us down, yer keeper pulled off a great save late on to keep it 3-1,

The report on RTE sounds like Rams had opportunities. Are ye bringing in players in the window?

don ramo
28/06/2008, 11:57 PM
4 hopefully,

good few names thrown around, some would make a very good addition to most teams, if what is said is belived to be true

micls
28/06/2008, 11:58 PM
4 hopefully,

good few names thrown around, some would make a very good addition to most teams, if what is said is belived to be true

Colin T, Greg, Stephan O Flynn and ???

rambler14
28/06/2008, 11:59 PM

No, Yes and No.

don ramo
29/06/2008, 12:02 AM

o flynn signed for someone else ive heard(im not dissapointed), i think some young fella from millwall or something was said to be signing, played under 21s with ireland im told, cant remember his name,

also heard ronaldo is signing untill his transfer to real is sorted:D

but gregg is the only certainty ive heard so far

rambler14
29/06/2008, 12:09 AM
Chubbs, Greg, McCafferty(Milwall guy) and A.N other(supposedly he's class:D) are the rumoured players.

luka
29/06/2008, 12:12 AM
Instead of psuing names about why no twait until the Manager officially announces who he is actually interested in bringing in.

don ramo
29/06/2008, 12:12 AM
Chubbs, Greg, McCafferty(Milwall guy) and A.N rothe(supposedly he's class:D)

others are good, as long as they dont lure you to tere island:D

thats the name couldnt remember:ball:

don ramo
29/06/2008, 12:14 AM
Instead of psuing names about why no twait until the Manager officially announces who he is actually interested in bringing in.

you never anounce who you are trying to bring, you only anounce who youve signed, and thats straight out of hendos mouth

micls
29/06/2008, 12:14 AM

Imagine football fans on a forum gossiping on who might be brought in in the transfer window.......you'd have thunk it :D

DRDoc
29/06/2008, 1:14 AM
Seems to be a lot of guys having a go at Brian Mac - can anyone tell me what he did wrong today exactly?

don ramo
29/06/2008, 1:19 AM
what he done right is a way shorter list, dont think he suited as a centerback,
would be a start to play the ball forward, not left, right and back, jumping would be a help, hes tall but doesnt seem to utilse it, sadly he is the least of our worries, i wouldnt single him out,

bellavistaman
29/06/2008, 1:56 AM
ok so, facts lads. Kenny Coleman was brillaint when he came on, dominated the game. Hurts me to say it but lally did very well tonight, i felt kieran o'reilly put in a performance simular to the old reilly. Were getting there on that one. I expect a big bang so to speak on that, i feel he will explode into action very soon.

I felt the main thing missing tonight was none other than kevin murrsy, he is the leaderout there week in week out, make no doubts about it, and thtas no disrespect to alan carey, thry offer different things as leaders on the pitch IMO.

It hurts me to say this but Cobh Ramblers lacked heart tonight and i do not find that acceptable under any condition it is time for the players, not hendo, not barry, not the off field goings on to take the blsme, and do what i feel their more than good enough to do, go ****ing out on the ;itch and get 3 points, put a bit of pride in the badge, an i categorically state that i feel we WILL survie.

Also greg o'halloran to me is the saviour he is what exactly what we need, and cant wait to see him in ramblers colours.

PS. for sligo fans boco was absolue pleasure to watch, ****in brillaint probably the best player ive seen in colmans this season.................................. behind kevin murray of course.

forza rovers
29/06/2008, 6:15 AM
what was the peno for?

chimpster
29/06/2008, 7:34 AM
PS. for sligo fans boco was absolue pleasure to watch, ****in brillaint probably the best player ive seen in colmans this season.................................. behind kevin murray of course.

My brother in law is an accrington stanley fan and he says boco leavin was the worst thing to happen to them in years, he says it ripped the heart out of their team. Fair play to Rovers, great signing...

Cici900
29/06/2008, 10:09 AM
Judging by tonight people are finally starting to agree with me on my opinion of Brian McCarthy. The defence has been like a leaky tap since he signed!

Brian Mccarthy is the worst defender i have ever seen! Lally was standing off every time someone came at him. Kenny coleman is just pure class. the way he picks out passes and holds the ball is beutiful. John Kearney did well. John meade had strong performance

It can only get better!

Cici900
29/06/2008, 10:10 AM
what was the peno for?

"Handball" according to the blind bat on the line.

rambler14
29/06/2008, 10:24 AM
ok so, facts lads. Kenny Coleman was brillaint when he came on, dominated the game. Hurts me to say it but lally did very well tonight, i felt kieran o'reilly put in a performance simular to the old reilly. Were getting there on that one. I expect a big bang so to speak on that, i feel he will explode into action very soon.

I felt the main thing missing tonight was none other than kevin murrsy, he is the leaderout there week in week out, make no doubts about it, and thtas no disrespect to alan carey, thry offer different things as leaders on the pitch IMO.

It hurts me to say this but Cobh Ramblers lacked heart tonight and i do not find that acceptable under any condition it is time for the players, not hendo, not barry, not the off field goings on to take the blsme, and do what i feel their more than good enough to do, go ****ing out on the ;itch and get 3 points, put a bit of pride in the badge, an i categorically state that i feel we WILL survie.

Also greg o'halloran to me is the saviour he is what exactly what we need, and cant wait to see him in ramblers colours.

Agree with everything that you said 100%.

Speaking of Alan Carey whats happened with him. Lately he can't seem to defend for buscuits???:confused:................Good free-kick though!

ramsfan
29/06/2008, 5:48 PM
that guy boco was amazing a real livewire a player rams could do with.
o halloran is a small piece of what is needed foolish to believe one player will make that big a difference, we need a striker, kieran o reilly has gone from vannistelrooy to forlan since season start. we need striker two centre, a bucket of confidence would be handy also.

deecay
30/06/2008, 12:14 AM
Never have I got so much abuse off 8 yr old girls,one of the best away trips ive ever been one.

razor
30/06/2008, 9:03 AM
Colin T, Greg, Stephan O Flynn and ???Billy Woods?

The Rebel Ram
30/06/2008, 9:50 AM

No, Yes and No.

Yes, Yes and No.

Rovers fan
30/06/2008, 3:26 PM
we(students) got in for a fiver.Just wondering how much is in for kids and adults?I know ye have financial problems,like many other ELOI teams but surely ye should be charging more than a fiver for students?!

depor
30/06/2008, 3:26 PM
Billy Woods?

if billy woods was signed id be sickened.

pcplod
30/06/2008, 3:40 PM
we(students) got in for a fiver.Just wondering how much is in for kids and adults?I know ye have financial problems,like many other ELOI teams but surely ye should be charging more than a fiver for students?!

You are absolutly right students should be paying more than a fiver its ridiculous to think the club can make money of the gate when the majority of the supporters are paying such a small price.You hit the nail on the head there and this is just one of the thungs that has to change if we want our club to prosper

Redshanks
30/06/2008, 3:49 PM
There will be resistance from the usual suspects, but it will have to happen!

ramsfan
30/06/2008, 4:32 PM
there could hardly be resistance to that, anywhere else in the country you pay so in rams you should pay too, noi need to try and create more hassle with petty comments, need to focus on team now not petty squablles which are ruining what is fundamentally a great club:mad:

rambler14
30/06/2008, 5:02 PM
if billy woods was signed id be sickened.

Me too, I never liked him as a footballer and he has always hated Ramblers. I'd rather Georgie signed than him:D

ramblers
30/06/2008, 5:14 PM
I dont care who we sign as long as they can do a good job for Ramblers to keep them up and if that means signing Billy Woods then so be it. I cannot stand him but I think he will do a good job for the team and his experience will help get the team back on track.

ramsfan
30/06/2008, 8:08 PM
another cobhman returns to play for his hometown team, billy from whitepoint

Redshanks
01/07/2008, 7:26 AM
I think you are a wee bit out of touch if you think there will be no resistance to the kids charge offsider. Dont think its a silly comment to mention it either especially as it was already being discussed!

Redshanks
01/07/2008, 7:27 AM
Sorry offsider I meant to say Ramsfan!

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 7:59 AM
there is a difference between kids and students:ball:

and when i went to galway game my small one was charged to go in and she is only 4

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 8:02 AM
ok to discuss it but no need to try and stir up trouble with usual suspects comments, that is last thing we need is more everyone needs to try and work together not try and cut b*****ks out of each other at every chance:mad:

Redshanks
01/07/2008, 6:24 PM
'Dont mention the war' and dont mention what opposition might be offered or by whom? i dont think so Ramsfan. I call it as I see it and if I turn out to be wrong I'll raise my paw. Theres no point in discussing an issue and commenting on how you see it panning out if you cant say what you feel. The usual suspects remark in this particular case arose because we have such a group in our club who fall into that category. You may agree with them or you may not but they exist and are active in our club and have a say in how its run (including matters relating to ticket prices).

ramsfan
01/07/2008, 7:46 PM
if i am wrong i will raise my hand too, but people will row in behind club when they feel it is being run right, by who i have no idea i am but one member.at the mo it is like walking through zimbabwe with an i love the opposition t shirt , something you want to avoid at all costs. frankly my worry is not about personalities it is about fact that i want my child to be able to go to rams matches in ten years, i dont want here calling up to 10 st colmans park and hearing about where football used to be played. people pussy foot around and paper over cracks if we went msl i would walk away as it would be a total disaster and disgrace and i would not accept it but reality of situation is the way things are at the mo we may bypass msl and end up like kilkenny a non entity.
i personally dont know whether current chair or new chair is way to go both have good and bad points, but what cant be let happen is for us to crash and burn through ignorance. another little anecdote i could go to ferrari dealership tomorrow buy a ferrari drive round cobh and show it to everyone all would be impressed but i may look good and people may thing i am great but 2 months down the line could i really afford to drive that ferrari could i even afford the petrol?