PDA

View Full Version : Team for tonight...???

Colm
22/08/2003, 10:48 AM
Here's what I'd go with anyway...

Devine
Hoggy Dan Derek Billy
Doyler ColinT Greg Casey
Flynny George

Obviously with Benno being suspended Derek will come in at centre half in his place. O'Grady will be also be back from suspension but I don't think that either Greg or Colin T deserve to be dropped. I'd go with just the one change from last week and only because it is and enforced one.
Anyone have any different ideas?

NorthoftheLee
22/08/2003, 10:52 AM
i'd have to totally agree with you there Colm, thats the strongest team that we can put out IMO.

just a pity ill be stuck up in Meath and will miss the damn game..well not liking it.:(

patsh
22/08/2003, 1:33 PM
I think that is our starting eleven from now on, with only changes being made because of suspensions or real loss of form.
If Casey continues to play well, I think Benno and Conor are fighting for Colin T's place.
I reckon this is as good a line up as anyone in the league, and providing we get a bit of luck and stay fairly injury free, we are serious contenders for the league.

tiktok
22/08/2003, 4:37 PM
yeah, agree with the selection by colm and everything said above, although i still think that Dolan will consider Bennett a central defender first as opposed to midfielder now.

bert
23/08/2003, 1:27 AM
Originally posted by patsh
I think Benno and Conor are fighting for Colin T's place.

After tonight's game I think Greg should be the one to feel pressure. For me his performance was the one downside on an otherwise perfect night.

Give the lad more time to get match fit!

SSS
23/08/2003, 8:57 AM
Lads I know we won 4-0 but Drogs had at least 4 free headers in the box and City were lucky the forwards didn't connect well with any of them. There is a bit of work to be done with Derek as he improves his sharpness.

Counting Crow
23/08/2003, 10:05 AM
Agree with you SSS re Derek.

But in fairness to the guy, if right was right, he probably shouldn't have played either last night or against Rovers but the sending off and suspension forced Dolan's hand.

Considering he hadn't played in 8 weeks I think he has done really well.

One thing that is really apparent now is how big and intimidating our 2 center halfs are now - aka UCD when Delaney played with them. Teams always struggled against them.
Plus, Dan has pots more skill that that student freak.

Lowest "Goals against" in the League bar Shels ( who have played 2 games less speaks for itself.

Question who would have replaced Bennett if we didn't have Big Derek?