PDA

View Full Version : Message for Noel Spillane

RedX
21/08/2003, 10:25 PM
Just to let you know Mr Spillane that you stated City cannot win the league around 3 games ago and more or less that there season is over once they get knocked out of the cup.Well for a man that is a so called sports journalist for our local newspaper with many years experience i really would like to know how you can say a team that lies in 2nd place in the eircom league,just five points behind the leaders(whom we must still play twice)and with a total of nineteen games(57 points) left cannot win this league.Do not get me wrong though,i think it will be very hard to win the league this year also but in fairness yours were the most disgraceful out of tune comments from a guy in your position i have ever heard.You should be banned from Turners Cross.Why dont we just hand Shels the league but i am sure Pats,Bohs and Rovers will also have something to say about that.Or you really a Corkman or a even a journalist.One week soon i will get through to you on Trevs red bench and embarass you...

James
22/08/2003, 8:11 AM
mail that to trev on big red bench / tv3
or maybe we all txt it in for sat's show
if they get so many of them they bound to read them out
:o

patsh
22/08/2003, 9:33 AM
Remember last year, he reported that Liam Murphy had said we couldn't win the league after the Scum away game, even though there were 33 points still to play for. Gunther denied he ever said such a thing when confronted about it at the fans forum, and Spillage sneaked off out the door.
This seems to be the permanent viewpoint of Spillage, who's real interest seems to be in Chelsea and getting those paid trips to lick the arse of which ever club he gets sent too.
BTW, his absence on holidays coincided with much better articles and reports of the games, a la Conor George.
Ignore the little pr*ck, I've tried a few texts to the BRB, but he brushes them off with some inane bullsh*t or just tlaks about something totally different.
An imcompetent hack with nothing to say. Not worth taking notice of.

ccfc till i die
22/08/2003, 12:51 PM
And he always refers to us as "cork" as opposed to "city" no city fan ever does that.

Peadar
22/08/2003, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
And he always refers to us as "cork"

It's often hard for some people who would have followed other Cork teams in the dark days before City.
It's easy to say City when you've known nothing else.

Cityace
22/08/2003, 11:22 PM
Noel spillane is a spunkey's muncle.

Éanna
22/08/2003, 11:35 PM
the man is an idiot. he's not worth listening to. why anyone atcity even talks to him any more i don't know.

Counting Crow
22/08/2003, 11:42 PM
You should read Bill George's report in The Examiner and compare it to his in The Echo - quite often they read like two different games.

I think even he can't but have good things to say about tonight.