PDA

View Full Version : Harps away

Hulsey
26/06/2008, 12:50 PM
Looks we're far from full strenght tomarrow
"Four players serve suspensions: Mark Duggan, who was sent off versus St Patricks Athletic last Friday, Gary McCabe's second match for his sending off against UCD, while Kevin Doherty and Ronan Ivory each serve a one match ban for having reached four penalty points.

Goalkeeper Chris O'Connor is on duty in Australia with the Australian Under-23 Olympic Sqaud, while Club captain Colm Tresson still hasn't recovered from a long term hamstring injury.

There are injury doubts about Derek Foran and Ray Kenny both of whom carry slight knocks and a decision on their fitness will not be made until the last minute."
Duggan and Doherty will be big misses, especially with Daz still out and Razor and Foran both possably missing. I'd be confident enough Pender can replace Ivory and Goughs come good the last two games so skippy won't be as missed as he was when he first picked up the injury.
Many heading up?

dublinwanderer
26/06/2008, 4:32 PM
looks like the squad could be strecthed but i wouldnt worry too much about the 'slight' injury concerns, they'l be playing!

i cant make it tomoro... 1st match i'l miss all season :(

Seagull-4-life
27/06/2008, 10:23 AM
Dane Massey could be given his chance...he's looked good when he plays

Grey Boy
27/06/2008, 6:32 PM
Dane Massey could be given his chance...he's looked good when he plays

What position does he play?

naoise kennedy
28/06/2008, 7:20 AM
ok we lost no big deal.. any news on player performance, i see franco started for the first time..

KR's Post
28/06/2008, 7:30 AM
ok we lost no big deal.. any news on player performance, i see franco started for the first time..

Hence the loss!!!:eek:

naoise kennedy
28/06/2008, 8:12 AM
Hence the loss!!!:eek:

it could'nt be all down to him,, he has done ok when he came on the last few match's,, played very well for A team last week, deserves his chance

KR's Post
28/06/2008, 8:55 AM
it could'nt be all down to him,, he has done ok when he came on the last few match's,, played very well for A team last week, deserves his chance

Alot will agree. Had a good Half season a few years back when Eamonn Zayed and him were strike partners! That's all he has done. As for the A league. Probably his level to be honest!

naoise kennedy
28/06/2008, 9:18 AM
Alot will agree. Had a good Half season a few years back when Eamonn Zayed and him were strike partners! That's all he has done. As for the A league. Probably his level to be honest!

fair points... i still think he can produce something for us,, myler seems to be out in the cold at the moment..emeka still only 18, who do we have???????

KR's Post
28/06/2008, 9:25 AM
Bray need to sign a striker! Somebody to work with Ger Rowe. somebody who will get 15 goals a season! I know a 1-0 win is 3 points but 1-0 leads are dangerous. Bray need to kill games off. Emeka seems very highly rated there, but don't see much potential there at all! Myler is passed it unfortunately! Paddy Kav better on the wing. Mulroy and O neill not ready yet but next year here's hoping they progress cos they have talent.

cheifo
28/06/2008, 1:07 PM
Emeka caused us some problems when he came on, very pacy and Cawley looks an intelligent player.
I think Bray fans who were there will tell you Harps were good for the win.
We missed at least five gilt edged chances.

braysnumber1
28/06/2008, 6:30 PM
KR how often do you go to bray games?? very few these days imo. how can you say that franco isnt up to it? he is and just havent been given a chance in the team for one reason or another. i agree though that we need another striker though, alan murphy from rovers released recently wouldnt be bad....

oh and what happened after the game last nite was shocking. hope the young bray fan is ok. and hope the harps fan gets what comes to him:mad:

wasnt really expecting much from ballybofey, we dont exactly have a good record up there. imo its a **** ground thank god their building a new ground, always hated the trip up and at least we only have to travel up there once this year

Sam_Heggy
28/06/2008, 7:57 PM
oh and what happened after the game last nite was shocking. hope the young bray fan is ok. and hope the harps fan gets what comes to him:mad:

It most definitely was NOT a Harps fan that carried out the sickening attack. it was a few 15/16 year old boys who stand outside Finn Park every home game.
I witnessed the scene and along with a few others stopped the attack and helped the young fella to his feet, Harps fans were in no way involved in the attack and the guys were arrested and will be prosecuted for their actions last night.

KR's Post
29/06/2008, 9:00 AM
KR how often do you go to bray games?? very few these days imo. how can you say that franco isnt up to it? he is and just havent been given a chance in the team for one reason or another. i agree though that we need another striker though, alan murphy from rovers released recently wouldnt be bad....

wasnt really expecting much from ballybofey, we dont exactly have a good record up there. imo its a **** ground thank god their building a new ground, always hated the trip up and at least we only have to travel up there once this year

Where did i say franco isn't up to it?????????

naoise kennedy
29/06/2008, 9:57 AM
Where did i say franco isn't up to it?????????

you did'nt actually say franco was'nt up to it, but you did say that the A team was his level, therefore he's not up to the first team.. but saying all that he has not played in the first team for a while so he is not up to that level of fitness,, reading the game etc ,, if you play regulary in the first team you will achieve that....hopefully

Stevo Da Gull
29/06/2008, 3:56 PM
Wasn't at the game but I certainly heard that Harps were value for the win. I heard that our first attempt was in the 87th minute and it hit the post, would have been a robbery.

So whats the incident being talked about (someone could fill me in by PM if we want to keep the thread football related) ?

naoise kennedy
29/06/2008, 6:56 PM
something different.... chris o connor played the full match today for australia under 23 against chile under 23, the match ended 1-1.. it would be great for skippy to be called up for the olympics...

Seagull
29/06/2008, 11:32 PM
something different.... chris o connor played the full match today for australia under 23 against chile under 23, the match ended 1-1.. it would be great for skippy to be called up for the olympics...
...:rolleyes:

Hulsey
30/06/2008, 10:28 AM
It most definitely was NOT a Harps fan that carried out the sickening attack. it was a few 15/16 year old boys who stand outside Finn Park every home game.
I witnessed the scene and along with a few others stopped the attack and helped the young fella to his feet, Harps fans were in no way involved in the attack and the guys were arrested and will be prosecuted for their actions last night.

Surely if the club know they hang around outside measures should have been put in place to prevent any trouble. Reflected very bad on your club in my eyes

jonboy
30/06/2008, 10:48 AM
you did'nt actually say franco was'nt up to it, but you did say that the A team was his level, therefore he's not up to the first team.. but saying all that he has not played in the first team for a while so he is not up to that level of fitness,, reading the game etc ,, if you play regulary in the first team you will achieve that....hopefully

the lad is a quality player he was our top scorer last season and was missing a lot with injuries, he needs a good run of games to get back to form, imo he has been messed around a lot this year, in and out of the squad, playing in the A team etc. if he gets a run of games he will score or create goals i think himself and rowe could work well together

Sam_Heggy
30/06/2008, 2:32 PM
Surely if the club know they hang around outside measures should have been put in place to prevent any trouble. Reflected very bad on your club in my eyes

Problem is, stewards are powerless outside of the ground itself.
We have put measures in place and if we have all the kids names, we will be going to the court and getting an injunction in place to keep these youths away from Finn Park and a few hundred yards perimiter.
It would give us great pleasure to kick these young fellas into next week but unfortunately as you say, it would look very bad on our club and tbh most fans around LOI will know our fans are not like that.

Finn Harps FC has great pride in how the fans conduct themselves both home and away and how the fans are treated at away fixtures, we would like that to continue, these youths are NOT Harps fans and measures have been taken in an attempt to prevent such an incident happening again.

Hulsey
30/06/2008, 7:58 PM
Problem is, stewards are powerless outside of the ground itself.
We have put measures in place and if we have all the kids names, we will be going to the court and getting an injunction in place to keep these youths away from Finn Park and a few hundred yards perimiter.
It would give us great pleasure to kick these young fellas into next week but unfortunately as you say, it would look very bad on our club and tbh most fans around LOI will know our fans are not like that.

Finn Harps FC has great pride in how the fans conduct themselves both home and away and how the fans are treated at away fixtures, we would like that to continue, these youths are NOT Harps fans and measures have been taken in an attempt to prevent such an incident happening again.

I realise that they aren't Harps fans and were just out and out scumbags, but it doesn't take awy from the fact an innocent kid was given a hiding just for traveling to watch his team. I find it disgracefull if the club knew of this group of social skidmarks hanging around outside the ground, that we were made exit through the gate further away from our bus, which led to the whole situation occuring. Hopefully some good will come from this situation and the Harps event management team will take a long hard look at themselves and set about into providing a safer environment for away fans.