View Full Version : shels v sligo rovers

yur man
21/08/2003, 8:10 PM
shels 1 - 2 sligo rovers :D

go rovers!

shels down to 10 men

Colm
21/08/2003, 11:17 PM
It finished 3-2 to Sligo after extra time.
All five goals were very good but Sligo's first two, in particular,were outstanding.

TheRealRovers
22/08/2003, 6:55 AM
Great result bring on Galway

akearins
22/08/2003, 8:37 AM
"The goals were not good goals they wre great goals"
Ollie Keogh turned 2 men on the sideline and lobbed Willliams from 45 yards,gaffney half volley from 30 yards.
If we seen them in the Premiership we would be talking about them for months.Great performance from all involved so lets now bring this form into the Leagus starting Monday against Harps.
Good to see the Cork boys behind us........:D

Dodge
22/08/2003, 8:58 AM
Goals were brilliant on TV last night. Superb performance.

Although apparently McKeon booked a Sligo lad twice and didn't send him off. So oLlie could make another legal challenge (Apparently Fenlon and Heary have said they were beaten fair and square)

akearins
22/08/2003, 9:06 AM
No way a refs decison is final.2 seasns ago we went to Tolka and played Shams O'Dowd pulled down Dolan in the box and was takin off his gloves expecting a Red card but did not even get a yellow and he saved the peno and we lost 2 nil...No appeal from Rovers..But the ref was later suspended for not sending off O'Dowd(rumour has it he knew Shams had no sub keeper on the bench and keft O'Dowd on)

Dodge
22/08/2003, 9:47 AM
I hope it doesn't happen but this is totally different.

The ref gave one player two yellow cards. He should have sent him off. Its not an error in judgement like the O'Dowd thing.

pete
22/08/2003, 10:41 AM
Briefly saw the goals on tv this morning on definitely be there amoung the goals of the seasons. Williams didn't even move for the 2nd Sligo goal it was so fast!

max power
22/08/2003, 11:46 AM
well done sligo, good to see another non dubliin team doing well, pity another non 2 more non dublin teams will go in the next roung for defo, one of whic will be of course waterford.

yur man
22/08/2003, 12:13 PM
ya well done to sligo, sounded like a great game

fair play to newstalk for coverin the second half and extra time

Blue Muff
22/08/2003, 12:42 PM
**** I had Shels in a 7 way accumulator for the weekend! didn't even make it past 1st game. Well done sligo - one less of the big guns for the Blues to worry bout. The writing is on the wall - We are going to do the double:p :p :p

Up de Blues

tiktok
22/08/2003, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Apparently Fenlon and Heary have said they were beaten fair and square

that wouldn't stop Ollie kicking up a stink.

Slash/ED
22/08/2003, 11:19 PM
Let me start off by saying that I don't for one minute want to use this as an excuse or begrudge Sligo their place in the next round, they got there and that's fair enough.

But doesn't this bring refereeing in the league to an all new farcial low? And that's saying something. How can one ref be so incompetent that he didn't even know he had booked a player twice in one match, it's an absolute joke. The standard of refereeing in this league is in the majoritys opinion woeful but this really is going above and beyond the average refereeing lunacy, and because of this a replay may have to be played, which even as a Shels supporter I can say would be an absolute disgrace, if Sligo have to play a replay that referee should not be let ref another match again.

tiktok
22/08/2003, 11:36 PM
i agree with all you've said Slash/ED. we city fans in particular go on a lot about the standard of referreeing and bias but last night showed again that bias may not be the problem. as someone else said, maybe they're all just crap.
as our league moves forward towards being more professional, officials will have to work a lot harder to keep up.