PDA

View Full Version : Hot Food Provided for home games

abbeyvale
26/06/2008, 9:01 AM
Guys
Just curious, that since the chip/burger van that used to be in Jackman Park for all home games last season, is no longer there this season, what kind of hot food is provided for home games this season.

Would the chip/burger van be welcomed back? or is the current service being provided sufficient enough for hot food.

Why did the chip/burger van get the boot? and what could be done to get it back?

the only 1
26/06/2008, 10:57 AM
Guys
Just curious, that since the chip/burger van that used to be in Jackman Park for all home games last season, is no longer there this season, what kind of hot food is provided for home games this season.

Would the chip/burger van be welcomed back? or is the current service being provided sufficient enough for hot food.

Why did the chip/burger van get the boot? and what could be done to get it back?

are you touting for work mr,morton surely your getting good money from your job in dell:D

abbeyvale
26/06/2008, 11:23 AM
are you touting for work mr,morton surely your getting good money from your job in dell:D

Not touting for anything but just to be left alone from you..........

Just asking a simple question............

And yes, I am getting good money from my job, but I'm not getting paid by Dell......

the dazzler
26/06/2008, 12:21 PM
::
Guys

jesus you ask so many questions whats it got to do with you what type of food is there? go watch a game and find out you must want to gain something out of it ps must be a good job you have all you do is bore people to death with facts+stats:mad:

KevB76
26/06/2008, 12:41 PM

To be honest I never used the chip van cos it was waaaaay too expensive, so on that basis its no loss.

At the moment i dont think theres any hot food available, but as far as I know arrangemnets are being made to put that right.

ramsfan
26/06/2008, 1:49 PM
recession lads, when the chips are down and all that;)

Monkfish
26/06/2008, 2:04 PM
At the moment i dont think theres any hot food available,

Hot dogs, pot noodles, soup, tea and coffee are available along with your normal shop stuff.

Last time I went to the burger van they told me they didnt do chips and proceeded to charge me steak prices for a burger. :(

KevB76
26/06/2008, 4:50 PM
Hot dogs, pot noodles, soup, tea and coffee are available along with your normal shop stuff.

Apart from the hot-dogs, I wouldnt really classify any of the above as "food" (ok maybe the pot-noodles too :o).

Didnt think the hot-dogs were available yet, I'll have to give them a try next time :)

John83
26/06/2008, 5:40 PM
Apart from the hot-dogs, I wouldnt really classify any of the above as "food" (ok maybe the pot-noodles too :o).

Didnt think the hot-dogs were available yet, I'll have to give them a try next time :)
Pot noodle isn't food. Food tastes different when it's gone off.

abbeyvale
27/06/2008, 8:44 AM
::

jesus you ask so many questions whats it got to do with you what type of food is there? go watch a game and find out you must want to gain something out of it ps must be a good job you have all you do is bore people to death with facts+stats:mad:

without my facts and stats you'd be lost in the junior threads............and if you dont ask questions you'll never know..................

Monkfish
28/06/2008, 10:48 AM

Cup of tea and a mars bar could be classed as a hot meal! :)

abbeyvale
01/07/2008, 8:45 AM
Cup of tea and a mars bar could be classed as a hot meal! :)

so to answer my question then, no hot food provided (apart from hot-dogs) for a club looking to go forward both on and off the pitch.

surely supporters would look forward to bag of chips or burger on a cold friday night while watching the game!!!!!!!

the dazzler
01/07/2008, 4:43 PM
so to answer my question then, no hot food provided (apart from hot-dogs) for a club looking to go forward both on and off the pitch.

surely supporters would look forward to bag of chips or burger on a cold friday night while watching the game!!!!!!!

hes desperate give him the contract

Philbert
01/07/2008, 5:38 PM
"Mortons Muck Stand"

I can see it now

Monkfish
01/07/2008, 7:00 PM

So we're going backwards because we dont have a $hit in a tray merchant?
2 chippers within 2 mins of the gate and if that dont suit I suggest you all learn to cook. :p

abbeyvale
02/07/2008, 8:33 AM
So we're going backwards because we dont have a $hit in a tray merchant?
2 chippers within 2 mins of the gate and if that dont suit I suggest you all learn to cook. :p

typical answer...........ah well, you cant say I tried.

joeSoap
02/07/2008, 9:34 AM
I think you have to be realistic as to the economic viability of such a stand. The average attendances aren't great-lets call a spade a spade!! On an average gate of 400, you'd be lucky if 70-80 people wanted to buy hot food. So, thats 80 people, spending an average of €8 a head. €640. Set up time, one hour before kick off, finish just before game end-thats 2.5 hours work, plus your running costs, plus the rent, plus cleaning costs, staff wages....you wouldn't be left with much of your €640. And thats being optimistic in saying 80 people would eat at the match.

As Monkfish said, 2 chippers within a stones throw of the ground...buy your grub on the way up or the way home.

abbeyvale
02/07/2008, 10:16 AM
I think you have to be realistic as to the economic viability of such a stand. The average attendances aren't great-lets call a spade a spade!! On an average gate of 400, you'd be lucky if 70-80 people wanted to buy hot food. So, thats 80 people, spending an average of €8 a head. €640. Set up time, one hour before kick off, finish just before game end-thats 2.5 hours work, plus your running costs, plus the rent, plus cleaning costs, staff wages....you wouldn't be left with much of your €640. And thats being optimistic in saying 80 people would eat at the match.

As Monkfish said, 2 chippers within a stones throw of the ground...buy your grub on the way up or the way home.

I know for a fact the burger/chip van owner from last year wants to get back in for the home games (regardless of your figures above), and surely it would suit L37 to take a few bob from them to do so....................who would have to give this permission within L37?

the only 1
02/07/2008, 4:41 PM
I know for a fact the burger/chip van owner from last year wants to get back in for the home games (regardless of your figures above), and surely it would suit L37 to take a few bob from them to do so....................who would have to give this permission within L37?

knew you were after something why didnt you just ask 1st time?:eek:

Monkfish
02/07/2008, 9:31 PM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale;974231who would have to give this permission within L37?[/QUOTE]

Im sure if you contacted Keiran Judge (General manager) he might give you answers.

abbeyvale
03/07/2008, 1:23 PM
Im sure if you contacted Keiran Judge (General manager) he might give you answers.

could you PM me his mobile number?

Monkfish
03/07/2008, 6:54 PM
could you PM me his mobile number?

Il try get hold of it tomorrow at the game. In the meantime send a mail to superblues@limerick37fc.ie and you may get a quicker answer.

abbeyvale
04/07/2008, 12:03 PM
Il try get hold of it tomorrow at the game. In the meantime send a mail to superblues@limerick37fc.ie and you may get a quicker answer.

CHEERS

Philbert
04/07/2008, 9:46 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0704/limerick37_kildarecounty.html

Looks like you got your wish abbey

Haha

4tothefloor
04/07/2008, 11:16 PM
I don't see what the big deal is with the previous chip van. The food from it was utter $hite and the prices were ridiculous - everything was way dearer than your average take way. And if memory serves me right, the Van got the boot because they were paying the club peanuts, if anything at all, for being at the ground. So, I would imagine that any re-admittance would involve a hefty rent fee on a per game basis, which as joesoap has said, wouldn't make it a hugely viable venture. Couldn't see the club allowing a chip van affect their own shop/hotdog sales unless they were getting well reimbursed for it. And if your man with the van charged anymore for the burgers..........