PDA

View Full Version : UCD Away

yiddo
21/08/2003, 6:43 PM
Is the UCD game on the Friday night 5th at 7.45pm or on the Sunday 7th at 3.15pm?

ian
21/08/2003, 6:46 PM
Sunday at 3.15

pineapple stu
21/08/2003, 8:27 PM
Anyone up for a game of footie beforehand by the way? Have to make up for that dark day in Cork...

yiddo
21/08/2003, 9:04 PM
Ian. Has Sunday 3.15pm been confirmed ? UCD offical site and City edition showing Friday 7.45pm.

Gary
22/08/2003, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Anyone up for a game of footie beforehand by the way? Have to make up for that dark day in Cork...

What was the score again that day? 12-3 was it, even though ye turned up an amazing 28 minutes late for a 1hr long game. Imagine what we'll do to ye in an hr. too easy, didnt even break a sweat that afternoon.

Macy
22/08/2003, 3:58 PM
Nearly forgot, One F versus STID on the pitch at half time this evening.....

"Pauro 7, Pauro 7 - You're not fit to wear the shirt"

ian
22/08/2003, 4:02 PM
Yiddo it is on the sunday it was put back because of the under 21s on the friday night.

yiddo
22/08/2003, 5:28 PM
Ian,
Not doubting you for a minute but how come City had to play Pats on Friday night 6th June without Flynnie? He was playing with U-21s in Dalymount at the same time. Who makes the decision to change a fixture is it the home club or the league/fai ?
If its the club ,are UCD facilitating City and enabling Flynnie to play by moving to Sunday or have the rules changes since the Pats game?
I want to know because I'm going to the Russia game as well as the City/UCD game and I want to whether I'll be staying in Jackland on the Friday or the Saturday night.

Cheers.

tiktok
22/08/2003, 8:55 PM
AFAIK UCD are accomodating city by playing on sunday.
which is nice:)

joe
23/08/2003, 10:06 AM
City Edition, August 22

Next Away Game
City's next away game, against UCD at Belfield Park, has been moved back to Sunday 7 September at the request of the club. On the previous Friday evening, the original date for the game, Ireland u21s will be playing Russia in Waterford. With John O'Flynn included in Don Givens' squad, City asked UCD for a switch and the Students readily agreed. We would like to thank them for being so obliging and we can only hope others will adopt UCD's laudable spirit of co-operatin in future when fellow clubs have players on international duty.

yiddo
23/08/2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for confirming the change, lads. Glad to see common sense prevailing regarding games clashing. Well done UCD.

RedX
23/08/2003, 11:45 AM
Well done to UCD...

ian
23/08/2003, 12:05 PM
Good on ya ucd.

The Donie Forde
23/08/2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by yiddo
City edition showing Friday 7.45pm.

City Edition actually gave three separate mentions last nite that the game is on Sunday 7 September at 3.15pm....

Donie

pineapple stu
23/08/2003, 7:11 PM
Jayz - more good sentiment towards us than in 24 years in the league!

Hope O'Flynn does well in Kikenny now!

yiddo
23/08/2003, 9:42 PM
Donie Forde wrote

"City Edition actually gave 3 seperate mentions last night that the game is on Sunday 7 September at 3.15pm.."

That true Donie last nights edition v. Drogheda 22/08 did indeed give 3 mentions that the UCD game has been moved to Sunday 7th September at 3.15pm. However when I posted on Thursday night last 21/08 the most recent edition of City Edition available was the one v. Rovers from Friday 15/08. This was showing the UCD game as taking place at 7.45pm on Friday 5th September.

Unlike your goodself Donie I don't get to see the magazine until nearer kick off on match day ;)

joe
24/08/2003, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by pineapple stu

Hope O'Flynn does well in Kikenny now!

or waterford, even

Neil
24/08/2003, 9:38 AM
There should be a huge crowd travelling for the UCD game in Dublin. Sunday makes it handier for some people and with the Ireland Russia game on the previous evening it'll be a good ol weekend I'd say!

Are the seats behind the goal still there?
That would be the best place for City fans to gather with flags etc.

yiddo
24/08/2003, 9:53 AM
Neil,

I was on a spying mission at Belfield last weekend and the seats behind the goal are still in place. Should as you say be a big City support there.

pineapple stu
24/08/2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by joe
or waterford, even

Doh!:o

The Cascarino stand is still in place - if it's raining, though, it gets cordoned off as the walkway gets very slippy.

niamh
24/08/2003, 4:58 PM
In fairness a lot of the gate from the match will consist of Cork money so why not be accommodating. Again well done UCD.

Doolin is alrite. When he won the Soccer Writers Personality of the Year thing two seasons ago he said straight out to the panel that he won just because they hadn't enough guts to pick either a Shels or Pats player. (was the season of the 9/15 points)

niamh
24/08/2003, 4:59 PM
Originally posted by joe
or waterford, even

I know they like to move the games around but having the match on in Waterford is kinda awkard to reach considering the rest of the weekend will be based in Dubland.

Cynmya
24/08/2003, 5:08 PM
Help Please,

My fav player is now playing for Cork and I am having trouble reading the dates of where they are playing and is it home or away on the site . So would anyone be so kind as to give my the dates of when and where they are playing in October. Thank you.

yur man
24/08/2003, 5:37 PM
http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Domestic/Fixtures.htm

october is almost half way down that page

Schumi
25/08/2003, 11:34 AM
Isn't this nice! Everyone likes us!

I think it makes a lot of sense for UCD to move the game to Sunday anyway. Leinster are playing Munster in Donnybrook on the Friday and a sizeable proportion of UCD fans would be rugby fans too so a big game in Donnybrook (and Leinster-Munster is one of the biggest) would detract from the crowd. I don't know if this had anything to do with the decision (probably not!) but it makes sense from our point of view as well.