PDA

View Full Version : Problem with posting

Rovers fan
25/06/2008, 6:29 PM
Ok,so when im posting I can't put in smiley faces or any of that stuff.I used to be able to but for some reason it no longer comes up on my screen(and hasn't for months). Underneath where I'm actually posting there are tags,post icons(the one you put at the top of your post) and additional options which are further down but there's no icons(i.e winking face,grin etc.. which you can integrate into your post wherever you want).It's quite unlikely that anybody understands what I'm trying to say,but if you do,what's the problem? And how do I fix it?

John83
25/06/2008, 7:08 PM
Odd. What happens if you type one? Try posting a colon (":") followed by a "D". You should get ":D".

GavinZac
25/06/2008, 7:10 PM
There's an option to disable smilies. Click "post reply" and see if its ticked, under your text box.

Rovers fan
25/06/2008, 7:38 PM
There's an option to disable smilies. Click "post reply" and see if its ticked, under your text box.

The only two ticked boxes are 1 Show your signature
2 Automically parse limks in text

Both are ticked btw.

@John83 I can manually put in smiles e.g :D but don't know tham all and iirc there used to be a list of them and you just click it and it automatically puts it into your post?!

strangeirish
25/06/2008, 7:49 PM
What does a Rovers fan have to smile about anyway?:D

John83
25/06/2008, 8:06 PM
The only two ticked boxes are 1 Show your signature
2 Automically parse limks in text

Both are ticked btw.

@John83 I can manually put in smiles e.g :D but don't know tham all and iirc there used to be a list of them and you just click it and it automatically puts it into your post?!
Well, until someone can sort this out, here's a list of eleven of the twelve (excluding the stupid football, which I can't recall).

: )
; )
: D
: (
: rolleyes :
: cool :
: p
: o
: confused :
: eek :
: mad :

Remove the spaces to get them to work.

Rovers fan
25/06/2008, 8:25 PM
Well, until someone can sort this out, here's a list of eleven of the twelve (excluding the stupid football, which I can't recall).

: )
; )
: D
: (
: rolleyes :
: cool :
: p
: o
: confused :
: eek :
: mad :

Remove the spaces to get them to work.

cheers!

jebus
25/06/2008, 9:09 PM
That happens to me on my work computer as well Roversfan so I'd say its an issue with your settings (what exactly I don't know)

pineapple stu
25/06/2008, 9:27 PM
excluding the stupid football, which I can't recall.
: ball :

:ball:

A face
25/06/2008, 9:32 PM
What browser are you using?
Does it happen on other sites?
Have you cleared you cache recently? (i know you said its been that way for months but just checking)

Rovers fan
25/06/2008, 10:03 PM
What browser are you using?
Does it happen on other sites?
Have you cleared you cache recently? (i know you said its been that way for months but just checking)

Well I use this account on more than 1 computer and its the same on them all.
It hasn't happened on other website.Firefox was the browser on the old computer on which the problem originally occured.I don't think I've cleared the cache.I'd say jebus is right,it has something to do with the settings,I'm just not sure what.Ah well,I'll live!

DmanDmythDledge
25/06/2008, 10:11 PM
Go to tools on the top right, edit options, scroll to the bottom and select the second or third option.

John83
25/06/2008, 10:23 PM
Go to tools on the top right, edit options, scroll to the bottom and select the second or third option.
I don't think it's that - I tried changing it earlier and it didn't kill my box of smilies.

pineapple stu
25/06/2008, 10:24 PM
You could always not use smilies like a non-bird.

DmanDmythDledge
25/06/2008, 10:27 PM
I don't think it's that - I tried changing it earlier and it didn't kill my box of smilies.
It does for me anyway. The smilies at the bottom are for the post title, like I have done with this one.

John83
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=94331

EDIT: Dmanetc. Worth a shot so.

Rovers fan

We have a winner:) Its been so long:D Ah it's great.I also got back avatars and signatures.

Btw,I had a post in which I managed to integrate every smiley,then I discovered you can only use 3 at a time:mad:!!

pineapple stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple stu

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=94331

Quiet you. ;)

kingdom hoop
26/06/2008, 12:28 AM

I think he knows how boring (and hard to communicate with) women tend to be. Don't you? :)

Sligo Hornet
02/10/2008, 12:14 PM
Anyone else having problems loading pages?...I have found it really slow the last couple of days ( same problem from 3 different pcs )

strangeirish
02/10/2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone else having problems loading pages?...I have found it really slow the last couple of days ( same problem from 3 different pcs )
Yes! Dreadfully slow loading with either IE or Firefox.

Mr Maroon
02/10/2008, 10:10 PM
Yes! Dreadfully slow loading with either IE or Firefox.
Same for me

dahamsta
02/10/2008, 11:40 PM
Really? It's not slow for me at all, and I'm hardly next to it.

I'm working on getting a new server for Foot.ie, but it might be a little while. I'll need to fix rather than replace until then. Is it all pages on the site or just particular actions?

adam

Sligo Hornet
03/10/2008, 6:36 AM
Really? It's not slow for me at all, and I'm hardly next to it.

I'm working on getting a new server for Foot.ie, but it might be a little while. I'll need to fix rather than replace until then. Is it all pages on the site or just particular actions?

adam

For the previous two days it has been on virtually all pages...sometimes not loading at all.

That said adam.....this morning everything seems back to the normal speedy service!:)

dahamsta
03/10/2008, 1:22 PM
Well, the server was rebooted yesterday for another reason so I guess it was just one of those memory leaks that creeps up on you. Let me know if it crops up again.

adam