PDA

View Full Version : City 0 - 1 Dundalk

Citygirl
02/09/2001, 3:55 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil
02/09/2001, 4:16 PM
Heads will have to roll...

SACK THE BOARD
Murphy Out

Citygirl
02/09/2001, 4:24 PM
as you've probably gathered i was slightly frustrated when writing my last message! what a shocking game! i was really optimistic about todays game especially after last weeks draw up at bray! but no it was just another dismal display at home from city....

just out of curiousity what did people think of ollies comments in one of todays papers?????? i think it was in the sunday people!!!

Neil
02/09/2001, 4:30 PM
Cahill is one of the main reasons we are being held back as a club. Great player, but with a bad attitude.

He should leave along with 5 or 6 others. But the problems start at the top... The Board have been ****ing us for years now, there needs to be a big shake up there before we can start getting around to sacking Gunther and the cronies.

We've put up with it for far too long... TIME FOR SERIOUS CHANGES.

Jim Smith
02/09/2001, 4:32 PM
What did he say, even the gist of it?

I take it that having to work today was a blessing in disguise :(

Neil
02/09/2001, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
What did he say, even the gist of it?

He was referring to the 'Crow' posters in the fanzine and the taunting Crowe was getting. Said the City fans were a disgrace. He was 'disgusted' by our attitude. Said we should get behind the team rather than barracking a player of the opposition.

This is the same guy who decided not to play well under Mountfield so as to get him sacked. This guy has to decide if he's up to it or not.

Citygirl
02/09/2001, 4:38 PM
he made some comments about how we, the fans, spent more time slagging off glen crowe than we did getting behind the team at the bohs game.....i think he said that we were a disgrace....something like that anyway..i have a copy somewhere but cant find it!!!

Neil
02/09/2001, 4:46 PM
We have to get rid of:
Liam Murphy, Patsy Freyne, Ollie Cahill, John Caulfield, Decky Daly, and possibly Derek Coughlan. These players are not up to a 'professional' set-up.

We need people who love the club on the board making the important decisions. Not the money-grabbing Tax dodgers that we have at the moment. Stand up Brian Lennox, Noel O'Mahoney, Terry Dunne. Where's our money gone?

Also, we need the idiots in the Shed who say 'Up, up, up..' banished for good.

Gareth Williams
02/09/2001, 5:02 PM
Worst display ever in the Cross. Mountfield was sacked for less. Fanzine was good though!!

Citygirl
02/09/2001, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by Gareth Williams
Worst display ever in the Cross. Mountfield was sacked for less.

Cant see Murphy getting the sack just yet though.............sure that would be breaking all the rules................getting rid of one of the old boys....................thats the unthinkable!!!!!!:p

Deco
02/09/2001, 6:08 PM
Murphy has to go before we end up in the 1st Div.But if we sack the board who in their right mind would what to take over with the fans we have.

Neil
02/09/2001, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Deco
with the fans we have.
What do you mean by that ?

Citymark
02/09/2001, 9:28 PM
Was my first match since the Metalurgs game (due to work) and what a disaster. The 'Shed' was no existent, no noise or support. The team were rubbish, only Jimmy Mulligan and O'Grady tried to play. Herrick was crap and was taken off before half time. Colin came on and was worse. If it continues like this, we will be having frequent trips to Cobh and Limerick. The team had no spirit or guile. All they did was pump the ball long and high in the air. A whole new approach is needed.

A face
02/09/2001, 10:24 PM
This is true, City didn't look like a very intimidating side today, there was little or no belief or confidence in attacking it seemed.

Also i think it was poor form out of Ollie to go to the papers with that kind of arguement, if he is fustrated at the support then OK, but for taunting a player on the opposing team, this is crap.
When you play at home it should be a fortress so to speak, not an excuse to roll out the red carpet for the likes of Glen Crowe, whats worse is, he was laughing at it and Molloy was busting his sides laughing at it. it was different and it was vocal, and anything to add to the atmosphere, there is a problem with attendances in the LOI at the moment, and him adding fuel to the fire isn't helping, did he have anything to say to the stand or the Derrynane side who are normally more reserved than the shed, the fans are there to support the team, agreed, but he is the professional getting a wage for the 90 mins, is he professional on the pitch, or off the pitch for that matter, did he have any pints the night before that game, (i dont want to start slagging off a player, for fear off starting offf a Morley thing again, we saw how easily it can happen) If the team were a bit more professional and gave a bit more effort then the fans respond, it doesn't work the other way around, if he wants to start throwing crap at the fans, he should take a good look at himself first, James already said what kind of reception away fans get, he could start doing his bit there first, but if his appeal was more to do with fans not cheering on the team, then fair enough, we all know it isn't happening.

OK, i was all over the place there, as i am sure James will point out but i hope you all get the idea.

Daniel McD
02/09/2001, 10:45 PM
Well what can I say ! Our worst performance of the season and our first win ! ..Ah well ..

I think I'll leave it down to what James said the other day on Oriel Web

"Division 1 looms again

going down, going down, going down
ye are the weakest link. goodbye"

Thanks a lot James ..you made it a lot more sweeter today ! Not surprisingly they're having a field day at your expense ..

Would have gone to the Horseshoe beforehand but slow service in Durrow held us up badly .!! All will be sorted next time out, when the plucky relegation candidates host the visitors from County Louth !

Woohoo !