PDA

View Full Version : So Do We Just Quit?

Marco
23/06/2008, 8:57 PM
:mad:

Over the last few weeks I have read a number of your posts on various topics, some good some bad. But the question I'm asking you all is ... DO WE JUST QUIT, walk away from it all and close the gates, turn the ground into houses with someone at least making a few bob! The reason I'm asking this is in reaction to a previous post about people wanting their money back/season tickets etc. The performance at the Cross was bad no doubting that, but when I read a post like Don Ramo, then quitting might be the right answer. When I took up the Rams job I didn' think I was representing quitters(team or fans). The EGM will sort it self out, if the genuine fans turn up like you said you would then the arsehol** who come under the guise of "the finances are bad/MSL gang don't stand a chance. Every club in this league has pressures about money & some have debts that make ours look laughable, but the most important thing we all need to do is not get carried away and quit, for the sake of the team or the club. We play Sligo Rovers on Saturday night, a huge game, do you think that the players want to walk out onto the pitch a have no support! There is a fight brewing, and a corner will be turned very soon for the better, the energy that I came across from the Sunderland commitee is exciting to say the least and anyone getting in it's way better watch out.

Lets show the so called MSL brigade what the club is really about, we need to move forward and be positive, the players, the manager, the commitee the fans, the ordinary joe soap on the street, this club has history, proud history, are we going to let it be destroyed by people who think they have the best interests of the club at heart by getting rid of the chairman & manager, fcuk this lads, cos my job would also be on the line & I for one aint going without a fight!!:cool:

The Rebel Ram
23/06/2008, 9:12 PM
I was wondering where you had gone Marco, hadn't seen you on here in a while. It was worth the wait, excellent post from Clubman of the year!

offside rule
23/06/2008, 9:17 PM
NO we dont quit!!!. We pull together and get this great club of ours back on track and rising up de table asap

rambler14
23/06/2008, 9:24 PM
We are Cobh Ramblers, we are Cobh Ramblers fans, we have never quit and have always supported the lads through thick and thin!!!
I for one have every intention of fighting this out and the general belief amongst the fans is that were gonna fight it out.

At this stage though it's up to the players! They havn't scored in 3 games and have conceded 14 goals in their last 4 games. So hopefully the players havn't decide to quit already!!!!

Hopefully they havn't and we can pull out of this slump for the sake of Cobh as a town never mind Cobh as a club.

marty
23/06/2008, 9:36 PM
All well in good coming out screaming like Rambo but we really cant do much more than we are doin now,the club has been sliding the last few weeks and shows no signs of stoping the first priority should be to sell out the sunderland game that would stabilise the club in the short fall,over time this msl brigade ye all speak of isnt goin anywhere so theres no point in getttin worked up about them legally each season ticket holder can do so much.

Does anyone know how good the sunderland tickets are sellin,at 30 euro a pop will it sell out??

ramsfan
23/06/2008, 9:45 PM
hopefully team will have got such a kick up asre on friday that they will put on a display on saturday:(

Redshanks
24/06/2008, 8:35 AM
Sunderland tickets I'm told are going very well!
Well done Marco, you should go on lecture tours. Hope to see/hear you give it a lash on the night of the EGM!

hillman
24/06/2008, 9:39 AM
Marco excellent stuff, this is the type of message that should be out there. A result saturday night would be great.

Redshanks
24/06/2008, 9:45 AM
Got my letter thismornig too. I'm told that some of the signatures on the letter/motion of no confidence in the chairman, belonged to people who spoke in a pro- MSL stance at the recent information meeting. - speaks volumes!
As Marco said- we must not let them take over and bring us back decades!