Whats your log on on foot.ie :D

D.U.F.C Daire
23/06/2008, 7:38 PM
'What's your log on on Foot.ie'

'Dunno'.

:cool:

Rovers fan
23/06/2008, 7:39 PM
I don't think shane robinson knew what foot.ie is!!

Blue-Army
23/06/2008, 7:42 PM
Where did Shane Robinson get the Dublin accent?..:rolleyes:

sullanefc
23/06/2008, 8:03 PM
Where did Shane Robinson get the Dublin accent?..:rolleyes:

Dublin. ;)

Dave77
23/06/2008, 8:07 PM
liked the bit about who wouldnt you like to get stuck in a lift with.

didnt take him long

BohsPartisan
23/06/2008, 8:27 PM
Dillon looked nervous (and I never noticed before how much he looks like Owen Heary). Paddy McCourt was unintelligible. Roddy was his usual self. Great show!

cheifo
23/06/2008, 8:33 PM
I enjoyed it. thought it was a good show.Have to hand it to Roddy, he was very funny at times.I think he has found his real calling.
Yeh Dillon was a wee bit nervous as I would be.Seems a good lad though.
Cork were the highlight from a footballing point of view.Mooney looks outstanding and Flynns finish was top notch.

CameramanConka
23/06/2008, 8:37 PM
Paddy McCourt was unintelligible. !

Well I understood every word ;)

pineapple stu
23/06/2008, 8:44 PM
Whoever shot the Pat's-Bray match should be shot (I assume it wasn't you, CC ;)). Robinson was about as knowledgeable as a Sligo player. But still, a good show; enjoyed it as usual.

BohsPartisan
23/06/2008, 8:47 PM
BTW, great seeing the Aberdeen footage from 2000 on there!

Theskinloyal
23/06/2008, 9:04 PM
McCourt seems like a complete dong. Dillon looked as though he was going to s*it himself. Roddy is a complete mong. Cork looked s*it hot.

cheifo
23/06/2008, 9:15 PM
McCourt seems like a complete dong. Dillon looked as though he was going to s*it himself. Roddy is a complete mong. Cork looked s*it hot.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.Enlightening.

MariborKev
23/06/2008, 9:31 PM
Congratulations to the foot.ie poster who made his on air debut tonight......

Rovers fan
23/06/2008, 9:41 PM
Congratulations to the foot.ie poster who made his on air debut tonight......

Who?!

A face
23/06/2008, 10:50 PM
For anyone who missed it tonight -> http://www.rte.ie/mns

mns@rte.ie

rambler14
23/06/2008, 11:47 PM
Cork were the highlight from a footballing point of view.Mooney looks outstanding and Flynns finish was top notch.

Cork looked s*it hot.

No they weren't!

The way Ramblers played they would have made the Irish one legged team look like world beaters!!!:rolleyes:;)

Tony O'Donoghue compared Cork to Holland and Roddy correctly scuppered that suggestion simply because Ramblers were so poor.
If ya think about it, for how many of the goals was the Rams keeper off his line making it easy for City???

Mr Maroon
23/06/2008, 11:51 PM
No they weren't!

The way Ramblers played they would have made the Irish one legged team look like world beaters!!!:rolleyes:;)

Tony O'Donoghue compared Cork to Holland and Roddy correctly scuppered that suggestion simply because Ramblers were so poor.
If ya think about it, for how many of the goals was the Rams keeper off his line making it easy for City???
I wouldnt blame the keeper. The defense was shocking.

rambler14
23/06/2008, 11:53 PM
I wouldnt blame the keeper. The defense was shocking.

Since Bohs flogged us that fella McCarthy on loan our defence has gone to the dogs.

A face
24/06/2008, 12:07 AM
Thats said its a result like that that will hopefully have us bouncing back to a good run.

Duggie
24/06/2008, 7:43 AM
very funny show last night esp when mccourt slagged roddy's shirt. brilliant. dillion was nervous but never mind. do these guys look in the mirror before they go on air ? the state of connor's shirt. thought the shane robinson 60 was good aswell. prob the best show in the series if u ask me.

Spoons
24/06/2008, 7:58 AM
One thing that stood out for me in last nights show was a lovely moment when after Dave Mooney scored for Cork, he went straight over to a fan in a wheelchair and shared his delight at scoring with that fan---could you just imagine how delighted that fan was , I'm sure his day was made--top bloke Mooney in a World of inflated ego's even within the eircom League. :ball:

Duggie
24/06/2008, 8:17 AM
id say he must have knew him - done it after both goals. still a nice thing to do.

CJTheGull
24/06/2008, 8:39 AM
Great show - that interview with McCourt was a real scoop - I could understand him easy enough what did you expect him to be talking about astro physics and the potential of a global oil crisis? He's a footballer for god sake and he came across well.

Thought it was probably the best show so far and I think the studio discussions were spot on - like when they were talking about Jeff Kenna's current situation with Galway - honest stuff that you wouldn't find on Football Focus or something equvilent.

EAFC_rdfl
24/06/2008, 8:59 AM
Aye, McCourt was easy enough to understand, depends where you're from I suppose ;)! Was very funny when Con told him Dillon would be 'kicking the lard out of him' next season, McCourt didn't seem to sure if he was joking or being serious for a minute!!! very good show I thought

BohDiddley
24/06/2008, 9:06 AM
Thought McCourt was much more intelligible than Collins. Best of luck to him in Scotland.

pateen
24/06/2008, 9:10 AM
One thing that stood out for me in last nights show was a lovely moment when after Dave Mooney scored for Cork, he went straight over to a fan in a wheelchair and shared his delight at scoring with that fan---could you just imagine how delighted that fan was , I'm sure his day was made--top bloke Mooney in a World of inflated ego's even within the eircom League. :ball:

I noticed that, couldnt really see that it was a wheel chair cause I just came back from the pub....
But he actually did it twice for both goals with two different fans.

Moons - The Dub Rebel Legend

pateen
24/06/2008, 9:15 AM
Does anyone notice the tit-for-tat thing going on between Collins and Sean Connor.
I actually think Collins is alright on the show but seems to like disagreeing with Sean Connor on everything.
But then Sean Connor seems to live in fear of collins a little and can come across quite stiff too.

Any one else notice this?

Straightstory
24/06/2008, 9:30 AM
That '60 second' thing is still cringe inducing. In order to work at all, it depends on the interviewee having at least a modicum wit and intelligence. But not one player who has been 'grilled', not too surprisingly, has had that. Good idea to interview McCourt, but sadly he too has the personality of a bale of hay. This programme NEEDS Roddy's 'robust' personality.

CameramanConka
24/06/2008, 9:31 AM
Who?!

An Absolute Disgrace did the report on the Bohs - Rhyll game. Well done.

And I agree with Stu re: Pats game. And, no it wasn't me. I'm assigned to Harps - Bohs tonight. ;)

CameramanConka
24/06/2008, 9:35 AM
With regards to Paddy's interview technique. He explains here why he seldom does them. Enjoy!

http://www.derrycityfc.net/podcast/icandy19.mp3 (http://www.derrycityfc.net/podcast/icandy19.mp3)

CuanaD
24/06/2008, 4:10 PM
Good to see generally good comments about last night's MNS here.

Re 60 seconds: my kids were in the room when i was watching last night - Con introduced '60' & the eldest turns round & says 'oh, nice one, I love this bit' - so it works to get people like her interested anyway. In fact, that was the only part that had all 6 of us watching - so, it might not be the 'cup of tea' of some eL fans, but its there to interest the 'floating voters' - & it works!

Duggie
24/06/2008, 4:11 PM
60 is good craic - bit of a laugh......and there's jacqui.....yum :D

cheifo
24/06/2008, 4:27 PM
Roddys comment about players leaving clubs is like Big Brother was funny.
Its all hugs and we are gonna miss ye, till they are 40 yards down the street and everybody has already moved on.:)

micls
24/06/2008, 7:43 PM

Yeah its been mentioned on our forum. Before the game he spent a few minutes throwing the ball to a few kids for headers after they asked for his autograph.

Turning into a top quality signing in all areas.....now if we could only get rid of the accent....

Sniffer
24/06/2008, 7:57 PM
Yeah its been mentioned on our forum. Before the game he spent a few minutes throwing the ball to a few kids for headers after they asked for his autograph.

Turning into a top quality signing in all areas.....now if we could only get rid of the accent....

Fear not, I'm sure he's almost used to it by now.;)

A face
24/06/2008, 8:13 PM
id say he must have knew him - done it after both goals. still a nice thing to do.

Yeah, he knows him alright, they all do. That guy is probably the biggest City fan out there, supporting them for years and knows everyone at the club. Don't know him personally but hes meant to be a great character.

Martinho II
24/06/2008, 8:43 PM
i thought sean connor was an awful ***** for humiliatin sean dillon on carmarthen fiasco a few years back.. there was no need for that.. dillo was already nervous enough as it was..very low..:mad:

A face
24/06/2008, 9:02 PM
i thought sean connor was an awful ***** for humiliatin sean dillon on carmarthen fiasco a few years back.. there was no need for that.. dillo was already nervous enough as it was..very low..:mad:

Ah Dillon is as tough as nails i'd say, i'm sure he was reminded of it on the pitch plenty of times and it hasn't affected him in anyway. And we all know the story with Connor so no harm done.

WoodquayBoy
24/06/2008, 10:04 PM
Watched the full interview with Jeff Kenna on the website. Do the plonkers who carry out the interviews do any research?
I paraphrase: 'So Jeff, ye have let a number of players go for whatever reason (has she been living on the moon) so are you looking to bring in a few new faces and freshen up the squad?' MORON, the look he gave her gave away what he was thinking: 'we got beat 3-1 and look certain to be relegated, but this interview is the lowest point yet'.
Otherwise I thought it was the best show yet, thought some of the questions on 60 are awful: 'have you ever been stranded on a desert island'. Come on, a bit of intelligence please

Mr Maroon
24/06/2008, 11:14 PM
Watched the full interview with Jeff Kenna on the website. Do the plonkers who carry out the interviews do any research?
I paraphrase: 'So Jeff, ye have let a number of players go for whatever reason (has she been living on the moon) so are you looking to bring in a few new faces and freshen up the squad?' MORON, the look he gave her gave away what he was thinking: 'we got beat 3-1 and look certain to be relegated, but this interview is the lowest point yet'.
Otherwise I thought it was the best show yet, thought some of the questions on 60 are awful: 'have you ever been stranded on a desert island'. Come on, a bit of intelligence please
Yeah, that interview was cringeworthy, as is 60.

amjl
25/06/2008, 11:29 AM
Good to see generally good comments about last night's MNS here.

Re 60 seconds: my kids were in the room when i was watching last night - Con introduced '60' & the eldest turns round & says 'oh, nice one, I love this bit' - so it works to get people like her interested anyway. In fact, that was the only part that had all 6 of us watching - so, it might not be the 'cup of tea' of some eL fans, but its there to interest the 'floating voters' - & it works!

The kids & teenagers seem to love it, so if gets them interested & watching, it can't be a bad thing.

Personally I'm not a fan of "60" as some of the questions are just beyond the ridiculous.

Its like watching Jacqui Hurley speed date every week!

Mr Maroon
25/06/2008, 1:17 PM
The kids & teenagers seem to love it, so if gets them interested & watching, it can't be a bad thing.

I'm a teenager and I think it's cringeworthy

amjl
25/06/2008, 4:16 PM
I didn't say ALL kids & teenagers love it, now did I?

Mr Maroon
25/06/2008, 5:03 PM
I didn't say ALL kids & teenagers love it, now did I?
fair enough ;)

theworm2345
26/06/2008, 7:03 AM
Why is this not on RTE's website?

forza rovers
26/06/2008, 10:12 AM
Why is this not on RTE's website?it is

theworm2345
26/06/2008, 5:19 PM
it is

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/audiovideo_index.html
EDIT: I guess they put it in a new section, I prefered it the old way to be honest, this way you have to watch every part instead of just the parts you want

Dunny
26/06/2008, 5:48 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/audiovideo_index.html
EDIT: I guess they put it in a new section, I prefered it the old way to be honest, this way you have to watch every part instead of just the parts you want

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns//

Its there on the right.