PDA

View Full Version : Town v Shels

Cabs88
22/06/2008, 12:29 PM
Great result last night, and a brilliant performance, sending those that bothered coming out home happy. Ive said it before, when we play teams who want to play football, we play much better. The whole team played well, Luke Hardy in the middle was immense, gallagher in goals another fine game, Davoran as always a handful, Daire Doyle doin well centre back and Daithi Garry, who i thought was poor in Inshicore did very well last night.
Our first goal was a brilliant move, murphy sent a lovely ball wide to Davoran, who picked out McKenna, knocked it down to lynch who controlled and buried it, a real good goal. The second was a good finish by McKenna. Shels battled in the second half, but we defended brilliantly. The conduct of some of the shels "fans" in the second half was dispicable, and hopefully they, not us, get punished.
Again, delighted with the result, and hopefully we can kick on from here in Monaghan

Martinho II
22/06/2008, 12:46 PM
it was easily our best result of the season against a top four team since the dundalk game.. we were a joy to watch in the first half but we sat very deep in the second half.. wonderin has aaron finally settled on his best team?? very disapointed with our stewards for allowin them past us they were well behaved in the first half but throwing two bottles of coke was a disgrace and some shels fan fired a bottle of water at us walkin past.. we had problems with them two years ago.. hope the fai come heavily on shels and i believe our club will be reprimanded for the segregation issue..

by the way did anyone hear that the club received a writ for 13k from i assume it is solictors in relation to the lovech fiacso seven years ago when the vast majority of our supporters werent able to travel

Rocky77
22/06/2008, 1:34 PM
I thought we were superb, what a break for the opening goal! Daire has the making of a decent centre half and I still like the look of Daithi Garry. I'd be amazed if there weren't clubs looking at Davoren - he's quality. We were the better team in the first half and defended well in the second. It looks like the team is starting to gel.

We've been up and down this season but I think it's important to consider that we're seven points better off than Shels were at this stage last season when they were in a similar boat to ourselves.

Good to see those two Gards doing there job :rolleyes: by having a brief look around then going home. There was a Shels cameraman in the gantry and he was recording their schooligans as they left so hopefully their club will do something about them.

Longfordian
22/06/2008, 2:10 PM
The guards weren't really there for the match though they were just the regular guards on patrol. Instead of paying them to stand around doing nothing which we used to do, two of them usually come out for a look around and if there's nothing going on they get back in the car and drive off again. Now whether they should have done something last night I don't know, I wasn't over that side so didn't see what happened.

As for the match itself, great win. We rode our luck a little at times but we showed a lot of character and determination. I thought the defence was excellent, particularly Frawley. Midfield was overrun a little a times but they stuck at it, and Davoren and McKenna were excellent outlets. All in all a very heartening display.